SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anticipated New Prime Series; The Terminal List
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anticipated New Prime Series; The Terminal List Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
This is fucking great. It’s holiday weekend so roads are slammed, it’s busy as shit everywhere and I hate traffic and crowds because..stupid people. I loved this line in EP 3

“You know, down range we like to say what we do is for freedom. What it really is Saul.. There’s evil in this world. It’s our job to look it in the eye ‘cause most folks don’t have the balls. That’s the job. We do it. All you got to do is pay your taxes and stay out of our way. But you Saul, Steve Horn, Capstone Industries, oh you wanted in on the fray. Now you’re on the battlefield.”

I’m loving this shit even more if the woke critics are bashing it. America, military, spec ops. Some POS company goes and fucks with a SEAL unit, killing them. The surviving member is the commander. And he’s pissed. One by one he is going after the people that did this. So much better than a Liam Neeson revenge flick. Let the woke go watch that bullshit Hamilton thing they are advertising all weekend. Read this article about Pratt hiring military, spec ops, as background folks and advisers. His friend, a SEAL is the person who brought him the story so origination, extras, advisers, pretty cool shit. https://www.militarytimes.com/...r-the-terminal-list/

The woke don’t like it they can suck it. They are living in the freedom these guys provide.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I am halfway through (4 episodes), and enjoying it. The story is pretty close to the book. The music is great, except for the bastardization of of a nice little blues number, Blind Lemon Jefferson's Match Box Blues in episode 3.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We’re through 4 episodes as well. The last episode was intense, wasn’t it

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
“Hey listen, you fucking fan boy. Time to nut up!”

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
It’s OK.
Find the main character a little soft and lacking for an Alpha Male, sniper turned Team Leader.
Wish they had picked a different actor.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Okay, I missed something. Who was "- R" who left them that boat?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
It’s OK.
Find the main character a little soft and lacking for an Alpha Male, sniper turned Team Leader.
Wish they had picked a different actor.

0-0

With all the shit he went thru, and a brain tumor and the amount of people he killed, soft wouldn't be a word I would use to describe him. Big Grin

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Who is the main character again?

Posts: 3510 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:

I haven’t started watching it yet but my guess would be Raife Hastings based on the book.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Nice little cameo by Jack Carr.....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I missed that where was he?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I missed that where was he?

Episode 3 @ ~11:00.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:

I haven’t started watching it yet but my guess would be Raife Hastings based on the book.

That sounds right, but I don't recall seeing that guy. Big Grin Not like he had a ton of people helping him. Ben, Riley, his father-in-law.

Anyway, not a bad series.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
We’re through 4 episodes as well. The last episode was intense, wasn’t it

The intensity does not let up. Just finished 5 and 6. I think the flashbacks, while a bit distracting at first, add a lot to the story.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Finished Ep 7 last night which was great! Looking forward to finishing it up tonight.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Finished the series and really enjoyed it. Followed the book well and with the exception of actor/actress choices was true to the authors vision. Looking forward to the 2nd season.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
If you haven't made it to the trip to Mexico episode or episode 7, hold on. There isn't much that is soft in his retribution to the bad guys.

Posts: 3927 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I binged it. Pretty good. Only real disappointment was not being able to hear more of the theme song. Trigger by Mississippi Twilight.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Just finished it and despite not being exalcty like the book, I appreciated the differences and really enjoyed the series. More ambiguity as to some of the bad guys and good guys even as well, no spoilers though. Not black and white...more nuanced.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:

Like drabfour mentioned, Raife Hastings is the man. Earlier on the plane he asked Liz to “reach out to Raife” assuming to get him set up with what he needs. Then in the van Ben asked Reece if he actually trusts Raife (mentioned him by name) to get a boat, and Reece basically assures him if Raife says so, it’ll be there.

In the books he and Raife’s friendship started in college and both came from special forces families and continued their friendships through their own military services. They specifically say they are like blood brothers, so I’m assuming we’ll see him in season 2.

I really enjoyed the show. I’ve been listening/watching Jack Carr’s podcast, Danger Close, for about year. Seems like a real down to earth family man.

Posts: 588 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post