SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anticipated New Prime Series; The Terminal List
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anticipated New Prime Series; The Terminal List Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Former Navy SEAL, Jack Carr’s first book will be released on Amazon Prime as an 8-part series on July 1. Chris Pratt will play James Reece, the protagonist of Carr’s books. I understand from watching Carr’s interview with Joe Rogan, that he was really happy with the screenplay and production of his book, and had essentially no complaints with those he worked with translating his book to the screen.

I’ll add, I just started his latest release, In the Blood. I think it’s good too. Since Daniel Silva seems to have lost his way, Carr may well be the best in this genre.

Posts: 13157 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks promising. If it's as good as the book, which I just finished, it will be a winner

Posts: 764 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Pratt does a great job with roles like this. Can’t wait to see how well it turned out.

As an aside, Jack Carr is a fascinating guy. I follow him on social media and he’s a real deal. It’s obvious he’s a reader, and very in tune with history.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37078 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I liked the books, although haven't finished the series yet.

I'll check this out.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...980067094#4980067094

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Pratt does a great job with roles like this. Can’t wait to see how well it turned out.

As an aside, Jack Carr is a fascinating guy. I follow him on social media and he’s a real deal. It’s obvious he’s a reader, and very in tune with history.

All of this. I've also listened to some of his podcasts, I like him.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9670 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I finished this series off tonight and I enjoyed it. Had some decent action scenes and some twists. I thought Chris Pratt played a good role.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Turns out he lives in my hometown of Park City. Perhaps I'll run into him some day.

I'm just about finished with the first book, Terminal List. Hope the series is as good as the book.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Finished reading the book on Friday over lunch. It was good, albeit pretty standard fare. Seal gets betrayed, seals wife and daughter are murdered, seal goes on mission to find out who and why, seal finds bad guys and kills them.

So with the book fresh in my mind I watched the first four episodes last night. For the most part they followed the basic format of the book with some changes in the characters. In watching the four episodes, one right after the other, I realized that one should probably watch the series episodes like maybe, one a day or one a week as they tend to become repetitive, if not boring, after the second one.

Chris Pratt does a good job as Reese and he actually has you believing he has a screw loose. His support cast also does a good job and the action scenes are well done.

I haven't decided if I will finish watching the series or not. I will probably wait a week or so before I finally decide if I will continue to watch.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Watched the first three episodes last night, and decided to go to bed midway through the fourth...if that tells you anything. Frankly, I don't care for it, and probably won't finish it.

I agree that the action scenes are pretty well done, and other than Elvis's granddaughter, there really wasn't anything that did it for me.

Chris Pratt was the same Chris Pratt that you've seen in every other Chris Pratt movie. To me, he's not very believable as a SEAL team commander and general bad-ass. And, you'd think that Hollywood would be better with fake mustaches and beards these days, but nope.

The first couple episodes were too mind bending for me. I don't care for trying to figure out if what I'm watching is real or due to a scrambled brain and then having to go back and piece everything together again when I discover it's one or the other. I guess I'm easily entertained and do not want to have to work at it.

If you're into that sort of thing, you'll probably like it. It's not bad, it just doesn't do it for me. And, if you like the words "brother" and "downrange", you won't be disappointed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gustofer,

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
And, if you like the words "brother" and "downrange", you won't be disappointed.

Big Grin

I'm finding it entertaining and I think I'm through episode 4 now.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38582 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

The first couple episodes were too mind bending for me. I don't care for trying to figure out if what I'm watching is real or due to a scrambled brain and then having to go back and piece everything together again when I discover it's one or the other. I guess I'm easily entertained and do not want to have to work at it.

I’m the opposite. I am not easily entertained and get bored with simple shit like Marvel movies and such. A good series or film should make me think. Too much common denominator low brow shit out there recently.

I can only speak for EP1. I thought it was decent, I mean this is a TV show not a film. I’m just happy to report I’m not immediately disappointed with something new. Got to the end thinking I’ll just do the 1 and was pleasantly surprised. Then at the end it says directed by Antoine Fuqua. Well I hope the next episodes can keep up with him as Fuqua does good shit when he wants to, like Training Day, The Equalizer, and probably most relevant to this series, Shooter and Tears of the Sun. So far treating the Seals serious. I like it. Way better than some CGI fest with dudes in skin tight suits or woke Star Wars.
I also like Taylor Kitsch in roles like this and Pratt can pull it off.

Film or episodic content is always reviewed against the market or what else is out there currently. I’d rather watch Seals, our military, something like this compared to most.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Just starting episode five. A little (expected) departure from the book but entertaining nonetheless.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I like it, it's actually one of the better series so far this year.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
“Drinks light beer. That is suspect.”

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Finished watching the series last night, very good! Lots of SIG P226 action throughout.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
“Drinks light beer. That is suspect.”

Always

Posts: 5291 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two and enjoying it.

Posts: 22845 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Watched the first two and enjoying it.

On EP3, finally some meat, and some action. Yeah I’m liking this a lot. Especially this EP where he gets into his safe and starts removing a Benelli M4, AR, bolt, pistols. Jai Courtney is set up as the foe. He plays that role well in the past. I’ll probably finish this over the holiday weekend.

posted Hide Post
Read the books and I liked them. I’m enjoying the series so far if for no other reason than the woke critics are bashing it.

Posts: 764 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post