SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Old Man starts tonight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Old Man starts tonight Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I felt cheated by the ending. The way the Sopranos ended made sense. This was bullshit. Jeff is showing his age and past medical issues. Wish I had not watched the series. I got really tired of the flashback story telling. It just added confusion to the story. It is as if the director discovered a new toy and could not stop playing with it.

I feel the same and have decided to bow out of this series. The best part of the show were the dogs.

Posts: 2951 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that it? Is it over over?

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Season 1 is over. They greenlit season 2, so I am guessing (hoping) there will be some plot resolution.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's starting to remind me of why I stopped watching Blacklist. I can't imagine watching a second season of this show,

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
In the end of the season I have seen enough and will not watch another season.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
It got slower and slower as the episodes continued. Don't think I'll subject myself to a second season either.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The best part of the show were the dogs.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. They were really well trained

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
It got slower and slower as the episodes continued. Don't think I'll subject myself to a second season either.

My observation as well. The first few episodes were very entertaining, but the last few were poorly done and I'm tiring of the mumbled dialog from Jeff Bridges.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here. Wife and I were totally hooked the first few episodes, then ended disappointed. More than likely will pass on season 2.

Tony

Posts: 312 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Meh...he should have dumped her in a hole.

I get it, he's not a psycho and won't hurt an innocent and kind of likes her but a high level operative wouldn't keep an anchor like her around.

I must have missed something about this investment company he started. If he is one of the.founders why does he need permission to make an investment? And he didn't seem to need any business meetings or discussions anyway, he just strolled up and said hello.

A lot of sloppy story telling.

I thought this a mini series, so I kept wondering how they were going to wrap it up in the last episode then realized its just season one so that bummed me out. Not sure ill watch season 2.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

As I mentioned earlier, I bowed out after the first episode.

It looked like they had 2 speeds, slow and compound slow.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post