SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Old Man starts tonight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Old Man starts tonight Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm holding off on eps 3 until Saturday and will then watch two...

at first I though the fight scene in the first episode was a little much... but as said he is an old professional .... personally I thought the 2nd episode was kind of lame but I guess they are building you up.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Ruh Row ... sum ting went wong. {no spoiler here} Eek

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Wife is out of town, can't watch it without her Confused

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m 2 episodes in and loving it! That daydream sequence in episode two at the police checkpoint!!! Eek Eek Eek Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
I have a question for those of you whom have watched the first 4 episodes.
The wife and I have been planning to watch this, but we like to watch 3 or 4 episodes at a time depending on run time.
We are stuck in the Xfinity trap and their On Demand Streaming has episodes 1, 2 and 4 available with episode 5 and 6 in "upcoming" episodes. #3 is separated into "additional" episodes and will air on July 9th.
My question is this: Based on what you have seen, does it make sense in terms of content and or continuity to watch 1,2 and 4 now and 3 after it airs on the 9th, or should we wait until 3 airs and watch them in numerical order?

Thanks for your input.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1236 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would wait and watch them in sequence.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rebut10:

My question is this: Based on what you have seen, does it make sense in terms of content and or continuity to watch 1,2 and 4 now and 3 after it airs on the 9th, or should we wait until 3 airs and watch them in numerical order?

Thanks for your input.

You're going to want to watch in order.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Time to whack her, she's getting expensive.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Aaand now the latest conspiracy theory...

Chases daughter is actually not his daughter by blood, but Hamzad's... Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Aaand now the latest conspiracy theory...

Chases daughter is actually not his daughter by blood, but Hamzad's... Wink

That did cross my mind as well, but the flashbacks haven't yet shown what occurred when she left him for Chase. Should be interesting.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Wife and I watched ep 1 and 2 yesterday and we both like it. Ok w slow pacing. But how did Harper/Lithgow recognize Bridges/Dan Chase/Johnny from a B&W lapel cam picture after 30 yrs?

Well they have done a good job with the actor that plays the young Bridges....looks a lot like him.. sort of okay with the young Lithgow character....

Came across this photo of Jeff Bridges in 1984... I'd say they nailed it with the actor that's playing him younger!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spoiler alert*******

That last episode drove me nuts. Two things. First, this sketchy old divorcee doesn’t have some magical skill to read “cracks” in anything besides the sidewalk. He might like screwing her but she isn’t bringing anything else to the table. Secondly, he needs the money to protect his daughter. Giving away half certainly doesn’t help. If he had that Rottweiler latch onto her throat he would have her email password before she pissed her pants. Lazy writing. I have to believe he now has an attachment to her that is strong enough to at least let him risk his daughters life. Not buying that. Get the email, drop her in a hole. That’s the reality.

She definitely is Hamzad’s daughter in my mind. First thing I thought during those last 2 episodes.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. Give me half gets you dropped in a hole. But, they are writing to the enlightened crowd and everything has to be a love story

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Just figured out you can stream from the FX website if you go there and log in with your current provider's credentials - in my case DISH Big Grin

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I found the last episode so boring that I’m about to give up. If the next episode is as slow, predictable, and boring I’ll move on to other things.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
I agree. Give me half gets you dropped in a hole. But, they are writing to the enlightened crowd and everything has to be a love story

I prefer to believe he respects her as being more cunning than he believed. Not love. But he definitely shouldn’t be dragging her around with him to further fuck things up.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I found the last episode so boring that I’m about to give up. If the next episode is as slow, predictable, and boring I’ll move on to other things.

Yeah and hearing about a second season has very much dampened my enthusiasm.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I want to see him get the dogs back.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Really, the dogs are the best part of the overall show. I just made it to current and it sure seems the show changed from an action mini series to a phycological thriller.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Does Jeff Bridges really talk like that now, or is that his character?

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post