SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Old Man starts tonight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Old Man starts tonight Login/Join 
posted
On FX at 10:00 EDT. Jeff Bridges stars as a former CIA operative. We'll see if he can pull off this action oriented character at age 72. It will certainly be a departure from The Dude.

Posts: 763 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
channel 248 DirecTV 7PM MT

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
We've watched half of episode one and I'm impressed. Slick and stylish, a quality production so far. I see potential political rails to run off, I hope not.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
wife saw it in the paper and thought I might be interested... looked at the guide on Direct TV and it did not show... did a search and it did not show up as scheduled yet.... so it seems I missed it...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It can be streamed on Hulu also.

Posts: 763 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Holee Cow is this good, only 3/4 the way in to the first episode

Aus!

Watched via Hulu

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you recognize me now?
Pretty good so far. The Rotts are good, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I watched the pilot last night and it looks like fun. They'd better not hurt those pooches.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, is this like “Red” or John Wick?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
wife saw it in the paper and thought I might be interested... looked at the guide on Direct TV and it did not show... did a search and it did not show up as scheduled yet.... so it seems I missed it...

It was on DirecTV channel 248 at 10PM Eastern time on the 16th. I recorded it but haven't watched it yet.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We watched it last night (recorded) and both enjoyed. It's nice to see an old guy kicking the crap out the young a-holes.

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We enjoyed it. I've liked everything Bridges has done.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

It's on tonight on DirecTV 8PM MT Channel 248

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. You can't just stream this? Have to watch it at a particular time?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ever since I saw the commercial/preview I was hyped for the start date.

On Thursday night, I had my lunch packed, coffee and some dessert ready for the start time.

Everything was going smoothly until I realized I picked the one freaking hotel that did not have the FX channel...

Thanks Fairfield Suites/Marriot...

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I'm confused. You can't just stream this? Have to watch it at a particular time?

It’s also on Hulu, if you don’t get FX on cable or elsewhere. Even though I still have cable, I never watch anything in real time. That’s what DVRs are for.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Loving it.
Just finished ep 1.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I had recorded the first episode and watched it last night.

I've got to say I'm very disappointed in it. It had potential, but I didn't see it.

And the restaurant scene? They go in, the waiter pours them some water, never asks for a drink order, never asks for a dinner order, then asks if they're ready for their food or whatever he said. No attention to detail.

posted Hide Post
Wife and I couldn't understand when he released the dogs from the truck why the hell he didn't recall them before he did.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if his daughter is dead, or did he do a good job hiding her? And, was his wife the wife/daughter of the tribal leader that is after him?

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post