SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Old Man starts tonight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Old Man starts tonight Login/Join 
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
I'm wondering if his daughter is dead, or did he do a good job hiding her? And, was his wife the wife/daughter of the tribal leader that is after him?

The daughter is also dead. Agent Adams reported it to Harper. Chase still talks to her on the phone, just as he also sees and talks to his dead wife.

Judging by her age, his wife was probably Hamzad's wife, or was supposed to be. Part of the betrayal that needed avenging.

His dogs were a bit puzzling. They are clearly well trained, yet neither one alerted Chase of the first intruder. They waited until Chase sees him down the hallway before they engage. Confused Chase should be awaken by the guy screaming in pain from being made a chew toy.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw first two episodes. Played one after the other on FX. Liked it and looking forward to seeing how it works out for him. Just ordered the book off Amazon to see how it ends up comparing to the show.

Posts: 339 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
loved the first episode. The second was good too! Looking forward to number 3.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
To address him waiting to call in the dogs. My thoughts were he did not want to get them shot and he needed to know his new physical limitations.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
makes sense

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed! Episodes #1 and #2 were very well done and I'm wondering how much of what Chase sees is real and which is illusion caused by dementia. I'm looking forward to future episodes and seeing where this journey takes us.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
The daughter is also dead. Agent Adams reported it to Harper. Chase still talks to her on the phone, just as he also sees and talks to his dead wife.

I must have missed that. If true, why then did he threaten to hurt her if Chase didn't do what he was told?

I think she's still alive and just hidden (although Harper stated that they knew where she was). This site seems to agree that she's still alive. (FWIW)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I figure the daughter is alive, they just faked her death a while ago to keep her hidden.
Really digging the fight scenes. They display the good moves you'd expect from trained killers as well as the sloppiness and running out of gas that real life dictates.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm just going to call it 'okay'.

Thanks Dwill104, I watched the first two just this afternoon on Hulu....

The action seems a little slow to come and since there was none in the 2nd episode they had to put in a imagined one of what he could do.

Near the end of eps. 2 it was reported that his daughter had committed suicide years before.... I'm not sure... I think she may still be alive. And yes, I'm pretty sure his dead wife was probably the wife of the war lord that has asked the U.S. to deliver him.

I think they missed a good scene at the last of episode 2 when Lithgow is talking on the phone to the assassin .... he should ave told him that the guy he is sending him to kill is better than him.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched ep 1 and 2 yesterday and we both like it. Ok w slow pacing. But how did Harper/Lithgow recognize Bridges/Dan Chase/Johnny from a B&W lapel cam picture after 30 yrs?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
But how did Harper/Lithgow recognize Bridges/Dan Chase/Johnny from a B&W lapel cam picture after 30 yrs?

This, since in the first episode they discussed the neither would recognize the other...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two episodes on Hulu - good so far.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Wife and I watched ep 1 and 2 yesterday and we both like it. Ok w slow pacing. But how did Harper/Lithgow recognize Bridges/Dan Chase/Johnny from a B&W lapel cam picture after 30 yrs?

Well they have done a good job with the actor that plays the young Bridges....looks a lot like him.. sort of okay with the young Lithgow character....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the first two episodes on FX. i liked it a lot. Looking forward to episode 3.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
If Harper has the means to get in touch with Chase by getting his number, then it should not be difficult to find out who Chase is calling and perhaps even listen in. If Chase really did called and talked to Emily, the feds should know how to track her down. Chase wasn't using a secure line.

One thing I found interesting, is the identity of the actress who plays her is also a mystery. Adult Emily is not on the cast list. They seem to be keeping it under wraps for a surprise reveal later. She sounds like Mary Elizabeth Winstead. We'll see.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I can only suspend my disbelief so much. Would the woman Brennerman is playing REALLY bump uglies with Chase?? She must have granddaddy issues.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
But how did Harper/Lithgow recognize Bridges/Dan Chase/Johnny from a B&W lapel cam picture after 30 yrs?

This, since in the first episode they discussed the neither would recognize the other...

When he was caught on video after killing the guys that grabbed him I think he got a look at him. Would have to rewatch to verify.

Posts: 339 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I think the daughter is the FBI girl.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I can only suspend my disbelief so much. Would the woman Brennerman is playing REALLY bump uglies with Chase?? She must have granddaddy issues.

Maybe when they were comparing meds at the restaurant, that blue pill in his box caught her eye. She's been adrift for some time, no? Any port in a storm.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
I think the daughter is the FBI girl.

interesting theory.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post