SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Old Man starts tonight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Old Man starts tonight Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
She seems pretty damaged, but when he listened to the story she said about her mom, and then just made her scrambled eggs when she was upset...you could tell that touched her.

quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I can only suspend my disbelief so much. Would the woman Brennerman is playing REALLY bump uglies with Chase?? She must have granddaddy issues.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I can only suspend my disbelief so much. Would the woman Brennerman is playing REALLY bump uglies with Chase?? She must have granddaddy issues.

There's only a 14 year difference. Not a big deal, and us old fellers need lovin' too.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
I think the daughter is the FBI girl.

interesting theory.
After watching both episodes last night, my lady friend posited the same thing. Having a hard time disproving that theory with currently available information.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Episode 3 tonight.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
**spoiler kinda**

Hats off to all who saw this coming.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
**spoiler kinda**

Hats off to all who saw this coming.

Yup, I'll admit I didn't see it coming. Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
What's in the trunk of his car?
A: Dead Dog
B. Zoe alive
C. ?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The visitor still in the show seems out of character.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Commercial for the next episode answers the question regarding Zoe.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
What's in the trunk of his car?
A: Dead Dog
B. Zoe alive
C. ?
You didn't see both dogs panting in the backseat?

Answer: B

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I like this show. Bridges' can't play just any part, but he has talent when cast in the right situation. Me, just sit back and enjoy even if some stuff is somewhat unrealistic. It's entertainment.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’m digging the show so far.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like the show, but I am not fully buying that a 70 year old man is that effective in hand to hand combat with 30 year olds also trained in fighting. You lose a lot of strength and quickness after 50.

But I'll suspend disbelief.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Just watched episode 3 last night and still trying to really like it. I'm still kinda MEH about it. jhe888, he was getting his ass kicked last night by that young dude and would have been history if it hadn't been for the dog.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Just watched episode 3 last night and still trying to really like it. I'm still kinda MEH about it. jhe888, he was getting his ass kicked last night by that young dude and would have been history if it hadn't been for the dog.

I hear you, but I think he was still doing a lot better than an old guy probably would. Like I said, I am liking it otherwise, so I'll give them a little leeway.

Now, if he beats up three guys, Bruce Lee style, then I'm out.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Remember he's well trained so mentally he has the ability and knowledge on hand to hand combat, agree age is a factor, and if it wasn't for her letting the dogs in, he'd have been toast.

Then again it's a show, as long as it doesn't get stupid, which, generally is about season 4 I'll watch.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the dogs. They only attack one at a time and that's when they're not busy running off somewhere while he's getting his ass kicked (as they did on the initial night when he was tailed).

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I think he sent them off so they didnt get shot, then called them back when he needed them.

quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I don't understand the dogs. They only attack one at a time and that's when they're not busy running off somewhere while he's getting his ass kicked (as they did on the initial night when he was tailed).

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

I hear you, but I think he was still doing a lot better than an old guy probably would. Like I said, I am liking it otherwise, so I'll give them a little leeway.

Now, if he beats up three guys, Bruce Lee style, then I'm out.

I'm kind of with you on this but at least they showed him pretty beat up and in bad shape afterwards.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Series has been renewed for Season 2.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/ne...son-2-fx-1235304554/

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post