SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Stranger Things 4 (May/July)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stranger Things 4 (May/July) Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
We've finally gotten a release date! 5 episodes May 27 and 4 on July 1.

https://youtu.be/yQEondeGvKo

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Trailer looks intriguing. A few of them are noticeably older than S3.

Looking forward to it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't they all be married with kids by now and living in the nineties.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3526 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Digging that rendition of Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)! Very fitting.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25410 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Heard on the radio this morning that they spent $270M for the 9 episodes.

Eek $30M/episode

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's getting ridiculous. But that seems to be the wave of the future. Amazon is reportedly spending $465 million for eight episodes of their new Lord of the Rings series. That's over $58 million apiece.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
CGI/effects are expensive, I guess.
Guessing that includes actor salaries, too?

posted Hide Post
Hoping this won't be a over-the-top, bloated production, which, BTW, it looks from the trailer. But I'll watch it.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate the idea of giving Netfuxs a dime but I will subscribe for a month to binge watch this.

Might as
well finish it off and bid it farewell.

Looking forward to Shorsey more than this though.

Let's do it.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIGFORUM WATCH PARTY! Big Grin

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
First seven episodes are out now!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We watched the first episode tonight, pretty much sucked.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VANQUISH:
We watched the first episode tonight, pretty much sucked.

it was ok, kids growing up, in high school now,

things changing

we will watch it all, regardless

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked, it seems 7 episodes dropped. By my math this means the July drop is only 2 episodes correct? This seems odd.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I checked, it seems 7 episodes dropped. By my math this means the July drop is only 2 episodes correct? This seems odd.

I believe they're something like 1.5 & 2 hours

posted Hide Post
Still seems odd but what the fuck do I know about cinema. Drop it all or don’t drop it all. That would be the mantra of my cinematic production company. Plus, make stuff that people actually want to watch. And don’t lecture or preach. Also no woke identity diversity to no cause inclusion nonsense. If the script calls for a polka dot man then put a polka dot man in. If not just get the best actors we can afford that fit the story. And yes, Scarlett Johannsen can play any ethnicity she wants because, if this has to be explained I got nothing.

I will watch this but I thought they have gotten progressively worse. I thought the last season kind of blew. I hope they end strong. I will probably wait till they drop the last 2 before I start.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just finished the seventh episode. I'm going to assume the final two will be at least 90 minutes each.

I really like how they continue to build up the lore of the universe, reaching farther and farther back as we approach the point where the true face of the enemy is revealed. I can only assume that the fifth--and final--season will be focused on that battle.

Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
From what I read episode 8 will be around 90 min and episode 9 is like a movie at 2hrs and 30min.

I watched through ep 7 today- Definitely some cool world building, and I like the main storyline a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2696 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Just finished episode 7. Overall thought it was well done and really like how they tied the storylines together.

Don’t know if it’s just because Robert Englund is in this season but it seemed to have a lot more of ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street’ feel to many of the scenes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mdblanton,

Posts: 1100 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
Just finished episode 7. Overall thought it was well done and really like how they tied the storylines together.

Don’t know if it’s just because Robert Englund is in this season but it seemed to have a lot more of ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street’ feel to many of the scenes.

Agreed. My wife and I binged it all over the last couple days, and it has much more of a '80s horror movie vibe than the cosmic-horror approach of some of the other seasons. This most recent batch was among my favorite of the series, and am looking forward to this season's Chapter Two batch on July 1.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post