SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Stranger Things 4 (May/July)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stranger Things 4 (May/July) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
2 episodes in. This thing sucks so far.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
We hit the first episode last night. Huge disappointment hopefully gets better.

I may be the only one but I liked the earlier episodes. It was light and a fun kind of creepy.

Now it is just evil gore and far from enjoyable really.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Not as good the earlier seasons, but still good.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
My wife has really enjoyed this show up to this season but she said this one is bad so far. Unless it takes a major turn for the better in the next ep, she’s probably done with it after that.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve only watched the first two episodes so far. I really like the 80s vibe of the series. This one feels a bit different that the others and I’m not talking about the kids being older. It has almost an “It” vibe to it.

We are in the middle of flooring project and have about 5 other shows right now that we’re watching. Its tough to budget 7-8 hours this weekend to finish up this show. We’ll watch it all, but it’ll take a little bit.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The vibes I’ve gotten so far are It, Nightmare on Elm St and Hellraiser.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

that is likely because Robert Englund is in it?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Agreed. In fact, I mentioned Hellraiser to the gf while watching it.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I know is that I find myself reading sigforum on my iPad during the middle of episodes. In fact, the entire Robert Englund explaining his families death was so intensely boring I zoned out for the entire bit. When I came too I discovered that putting a Walkman on her ears with her favorite song would save her. I still have no idea why or the desire to rewind to find out.

This show is a stinker and most of those child actors hopefully are saving their paychecks because they aren’t turning into marketable actors. They are somewhat off putting in fact.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
All I know is that I find myself reading sigforum on my iPad during the middle of episodes. In fact, the entire Robert Englund explaining his families death was so intensely boring I zoned out for the entire bit. When I came too I discovered that putting a Walkman on her ears with her favorite song would save her. I still have no idea why or the desire to rewind to find out.

This show is a stinker and most of those child actors hopefully are saving their paychecks because they aren’t turning into marketable actors. They are somewhat off putting in fact.

Elle (eleven/Jane) has been in a couple of Godzilla movies, and something else

Mike was in the new Ghostbusters movie

and Steve has been in a couple movies or shows I've seen on cable as well

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. El will do whatever she wants. Marketable big time. Steve might have a chance. Mike was in Ghostbusters. Nobody watched it even though it wasn’t bad. He also played the exact same nerd kid role. Tell me that’s got legs.

Most of these actors aren’t going to do dick. And the show still is sucking. Gasping on 80’s vibes fumes is the best that can be said for it.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yup. El will do whatever she wants. Marketable big time. Steve might have a chance. Mike was in Ghostbusters. Nobody watched it even though it wasn’t bad. He also played the exact same nerd kid role. Tell me that’s got legs.

Most of these actors aren’t going to do dick. And the show still is sucking. Gasping on 80’s vibes fumes is the best that can be said for it.

hopefully they have received good investment advice

was looking up each of the main characters, ,

Steve is 30,

Nancy lives with Will's brother (cannot remember his name) and both are around 27

and Robin is Uma Thurman's daughter,

Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I'm just finishing up Season 4 episode 7. I generally dig it. I think it's better than Seasons 2 and 3. There seems to be a heavier concentration on storytelling and a little less of pure hurling-'80s- references-into-your-face. The one plotline I can't get into is that whole Hopper-in-the-gulag story. That just seems so dopey and random.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Finally got better (IMO) on that last episode. Up until then it was a snoozefest for me and Mrs. Slabsides.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I was talking to a co-worker who's seen the season and he pointed out that you never get to see the faces of the victims in Hawkins Lab during the flashbacks. I never realized this. It's a very subtle way of hiding the identity of the real killer.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episode last night.
My wife wasn't a fan of the finish (she's very much not a horror fan), and was a little put off on how the episode started.

Otherwise, not bad.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m struggling getting through episode 3. The vibe of the show is just not the same.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Watched the first episode last night.
My wife wasn't a fan of the finish (she's very much not a horror fan), and was a little put off on how the episode started.

Otherwise, not bad.

Well, tell her to buckle up.

As I mentioned earlier the fun creepiness is long gone replaced with true evil gore.

I was disappointed when Locke & Key did the same thing. Started out as a fun show with a little bit of creepiness then just turned to pure evil gore and violence for no reason.
Not my cup of tea.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I didn't like the first 2 episodes but it picks up a bit of steam around EP 3.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Episode 7 was pretty good. It at least started making sense and not being boring. Too many different stories going on at once. I think that is the biggest problem.