SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What have you been reading?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What have you been reading? Login/Join 
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I just finished Admiral McRaven's

Spec Ops: Case Studies in Special Operations Warfare: Theory and Practice

Very interesting study/analysis of eight special operations raids. It is very informative and in-depth.

https://www.amazon.com/Spec-Op...gid=pla-454100519486

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 4935 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Shattered Sword by Jon Parshall and Anthony Tully. I can't believe I didn't discover it sooner. Couldn't put it down. Now I want to find The First Team by John Lundstrom

We often meet our destiny on the road we took to avoid it.

Posts: 2397 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished the "A. American" series last month, left me with no unread books.

Thinking of starting the Mountain Man series.

13 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 4291 | Location: Seoul | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Serpico. The guy who was a NYPD cop and uncovered massive extortion on the part of virtually every cop he worked with.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge Bernard Cornwall fan: you know, Sharpe, The Last Kingdom, many more novels of historical fiction from Stonehenge through King Arthur to the Saxon Chronicles to Agincourt to the US Civil War.
Having read all of those, I decided to play a winner, and started reading his modern-time "sailing thrillers".

Since I'm also a big fan of books on sail, but not a sailor myself, I will leave it to others to judge the accuracy of his sailing descriptions, which to me seem astounding. And I will quibble that he has invented a woman's name which should be "Nadezhda" but is not; and that he doesn't know how to work a 1911.
But as a storyteller, especially of thrillers, I would have to say there is no better.
I've finished the first two, Scoundrel and Wildtrack, and will finish the series. Unlike his other series, these are unconnected stories--well, except for the sailing, of course.

Posts: 16760 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post