SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What have you been reading?
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What have you been reading? Login/Join 
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Dark Sky by C.J. Box

Posts: 5362 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
I just finished reading Kurt Schlichter's People's Republic and Indian Country, back to back. I'd like to find more like them.

I just finished Kurt Schlichter's People's Republic and now plan to read Indian Country next week.

His next one, "The Split" is coming in June.

The Split is out today.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 4870 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Finished Joe Bonanno’s autobiography. Those tough guys sure acted like a bunch of middle school girls with all the this guy said this about me nonsense leading to murders.

Now reading Graham Nash’s. Cocaine. So much cocaine. The Crosby stories are bonkers.

I may have to pic up Nash's book

once I finish Nevilles, I have Costellos' book to read, and Lydon put out another IIRC that I'll pick up

www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Posts: 9119 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Currently working on "Medic! How I Fought WW2 with Morphine, Sulfa, and Iodine Swabs" by Robert Franklin.

It's the memoirs of "Doc Joe", a combat medic with the 45th Infantry Division fighting in Italy and Southern France during WW2.

Interestingly, he was trained to be a clerk for a medical unit, but then just before shipping out was reassigned as a combat medic to an infantry unit, without any specific medical training. He freely admits that he made a number of mistakes due to his lack of training, but also shows great courage and ingenuity in doing the best he can with the minimal skills and equipment he had.

Posts: 27489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
A week or so ago I read Admiral McRaven's Make Your Bed. It's a 90-minute read, and I highly recommend it. I've lent it to two of my work friends already.

God bless America.

Posts: 11017 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post