SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    House of the Dragon
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House of the Dragon Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Ep2 is good. The story is moving now.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:

I find this easier to follow than GOT. Maybe partially because I've started using my newly acquired Airpods Pros for the audio which greatly enhances the sound and clarity of speech and maybe because of the connection to GOT. The characters still have goofy names.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:

I find this easier to follow than GOT. Maybe partially because I've started using my newly acquired Airpods Pros for the audio which greatly enhances the sound and clarity of speech and maybe because of the connection to GOT. The characters still have goofy names.

There's only 10 characters right now... give it time.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Milly Alcock (Rhaenyra Targaryen) is terribly miscast. No acting range whatsoever and a punchable face. It's like she can't decide to close her mouth or keep it half open so her front teeth can breathe. So annoying.

Posts: 790 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
Milly Alcock (Rhaenyra Targaryen) is terribly miscast. No acting range whatsoever and a punchable face. It's like she can't decide to close her mouth or keep it half open so her front teeth can breathe. So annoying.

I agree with that. Her redeeming qualities are she's not fat and her hair's pretty nice.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I found out Sonoya Mizuno is in it so watched the first 2 EP’s. Pretty decent so far. EP1 with Sonoya in it, oh my. I almost fell out the chair.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:

From what I’ve read, there is going to be a time jump and someone else will play her as an adult, so she won’t be around for long.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Ep2 and still waiting for something worth my time to happen.

The blond chick has indeed limited acting abilities. One none.
So, big bad brother took an eggfor a stroll and there aren’t a hundred dead guards piled up somewhere? It just happened and no one noticed.

Very unsatisfactory so far. Giving it a last chance next week. This season won’t last forever and if 1/3 into it we are still looking for a solid argument line it’s not a few battles and backstabbing that are going to make it worthwhile. IMO.

Definitely not what I expected.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what I am reading is that the story is moving slow. So maybe instead of being a show to tell a story, it is a show to push woke and gay agenda. I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, but after Netflix, I distrust every show.

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 645 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched both episodes, but must have completely missed the woke and gay agenda bits. The second episode was fairly slow, but it appears to be setup for the rest of the season. Guess the first episode had the requisite amount of sex and gore to get people hooked and now they’re developing the story. Based on the preview for episode 3, I think things will pick up next week.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
So what I am reading is that the story is moving slow. So maybe instead of being a show to tell a story, it is a show to push woke and gay agenda. I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, but after Netflix, I distrust every show.

But you haven't watched any of it?

There has been no gay agenda.

There is a feminist angle but that was all over GoT, as well, and has real world analog when it comes to succession of royalty so it's no surprise nor is it out of place.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:

But you haven't watched any of it?

There is a feminist angle but that was all over GoT, as well, and has real world analog when it comes to succession of royalty so it's no surprise nor is it out of place.

You can read any agenda into virtually every show if you dig deep enough. Is that the agenda they are pushing? I think you'll figure if you are open minded

-D.H. Lawrence

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Is this something I can wait a few more weeks on and then only get HBO for a month and still be able to watch all the shows? I don't want to pay for HBO for 3 months just to watch one show.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Is this something I can wait a few more weeks on and then only get HBO for a month and still be able to watch all the shows? I don't want to pay for HBO for 3 months just to watch one show.

Having done this with other applications… well there are going to be 10 episodes of this. You can game it to 30 days if you’re smart. But the issue is if HBO skips a Sunday for say Labor Day or something. You should be able to Google fu the dates, etc.

Instead of doing all that I just wait until EP 8 airs. That gives me a couple weeks to catch up, watch the last 2 episodes then I have say 2 weeks to fuck around and watch whatever other content they have before I cancel it. I mean you’re on the hook for 30 days whatever you do so best to wait until 7-8 episodes in to CYA. The other option is to wait for the Blu Rays to release then rent them.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Having done this with other applications… well there are going to be 10 episodes of this. You can game it to 30 days if you’re smart. But the issue is if HBO skips a Sunday for say Labor Day or something. You should be able to Google fu the dates, etc.

Instead of doing all that I just wait until EP 8 airs. That gives me a couple weeks to catch up, watch the last 2 episodes then I have say 2 weeks to fuck around and watch whatever other content they have before I cancel it. I mean you’re on the hook for 30 days whatever you do so best to wait until 7-8 episodes in to CYA. The other option is to wait for the Blu Rays to release then rent them.

Yeah, that's the goal. Where do you even go to rent a Blu Ray these days???

I'm getting REALLY tired of streaming services.

Between Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, Peacock, and Paramount I'm paying close to what I paid for cable before I cut the cord.

It's getting out of hand. I've pared it all down and am trying to just do monthly subscriptions to the service that has the show(s) we want at the time, because otherwise, it is mostly crap on TV.

I'm hoping that streaming learns the hard, hard lesson that cable is learning now. Offer GOOD and CONSISTENT content. I'm tired of the "arriving this month" and "leaving this month" stuff.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I hear that. I don’t like streaming services either man. So cumbersome, the menus, etc. I cut off Dish network in January and I do miss all my live movie channels as that’s all I ever watched or had on in the background. 100% commercial free content.

I do have it done efficiently where I’m spending less than half of what I used to. Dish, for the first time in over 20 years, just wouldn’t accommodate me. They increased their base basic cable charge twice in one year and I wasn’t having it because I watch zero of that crap. Should they go a la carte in the future where I can have locals + all the movie channels only I’m happy to go back. Until then fuck them.

I get HBO Max for free with my home fiber internet. I pay for Showtime but I bought it through Paramount to get this combo deal for $12.99 a month. I do watch some Paramount content but it’s very little. Then I have Starz, which I pay for in advance so it’s 7 dollars a month. Then EPIX for $5.99 through Amazon and like many I have Amazon prime. So like my movie channels on Dish, I have HBO, SHO, STRZ, and EPIX, which covers me. SHO and Epix both have live channels. SHO has SHO east and west and Epix has like 4 live channels.

I’ve tried Apple+, canceled it. I’ve tried Disney, canceled that too. So all in I’m spending 1/3 of what satellite was costing me. Actually less…. $28 a month but I just added NFL Pass thing for $9.99 which offers the games with no commercials whatsoever. I can watch the whole game (Signed up just for Tom Brady/Bucs games. When he retires I won’t watch the NFL) commercial free or a plays only condensed version that is 30-40 minutes long.

If I didn’t get HBO max for free I’d pay for it every month. They are the standard IMO as they started the good shows business over 20 years ago with Sopranos, etc. They always have the good series on Sunday night. You tube, Hulu, and the rest of that crap just no interest in bundles. The way to go to me is HBO, SHO, STRZ, and EPIX. All 4 of these have excellent series especially HBO and SHO as they’ve had the great produced series for 20 years. As long as I’m under $50 a month for this crap I’m good because I run dual ISP’s to the house, primary and backup.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Oh, don’t get too worked up yet. We haven’t gotten to the Targaryen close family relations.

This is a fantasy world, not ours.

And we definitely cycle streaming services, except Prime. The original content is always there. Non-original stuff does come and go, but it seems like it’s there for a while. If you want to save money, that’s a good way to do it, especially if you cycle promos.

Wait until it’s done then find a 7 day free trial if you really want to get in minimally. When you cancel, select it cost too much. A promo will soon follow.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
The pace is picking up. Ep3 was a bit slow to start, but really picks up at the end.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was a pretty slow episode until the last 10 minutes. Kind of an abrupt and unseen end to a character that I thought would be around a lot longer.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Kind of an abrupt and unseen end to a character that I thought would be around a lot longer.

Trails end = entrails Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post