SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    House of the Dragon
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House of the Dragon Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
The episode should have ended with a family barbecue.

Or a circle jerk. The last episode had the gimp jerking off to the queens shins. And we’ve already seen the new King tossing it standing in a window. Some of the choices they have made are laughable.

The series is produced well however. It just has a lack of action.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Not the ending I expected, but season finale does tie everything together. Now the wait until season 2.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not the ending I expected either. Thought there would be some action, especially considering it’s the season finale, but it’s 10 minutes of a gross stillbirth, 45 minutes of talking, and 5 minutes of what might generously be called action, but ended too abruptly to be exciting. It’s entirely more setup. Even Daemon couldn’t make it interesting.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
We’ll go to war in season 3. Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good, long, and acute set-up for an absolutely brutal civil war? Check!

Still digging the show very much, overall. Not firing on all cylinders to be sure, but I'm in.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
Spoiler for anyone that wants to look it up. Game of Thrones: Season 3 Episode 4 15:45.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Season 2 is estimated to premiere in 2024.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they will will have better writers for season two and on.

Season 1 is a big meh.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Most all sequels (and prequels) pale in comparison to the original. This is no exception.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Season 2 is estimated to premiere in 2024.

Or late 2023 as I've read also.
Starting filming in 2023 and they may, that's the word used, may start late in the year.
So at least a year away from a new episode, maybe longer.
I did enjoy the finale, especially the dragon chomping the other dragon and the rider.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It was a fizzle, as far as I am concerned.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad that Harry Potter bought it when one eyed Malfoy sicked a dragon on him.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. I (finally) saw the GoT on HBO streaming when my roommate ordered it, something I would never have done. It turned out to be pretty good. I've since canceled HBO and no way I'll re-subscribe just to watch this. From what I'm reading, I won't be missing much.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very sad that Harry Potter bought it when one eyed Malfoy sicked a dragon on him.

Dragon did the chomp chomp on its own. The one-eyed jack was yelling, "obey me" at the dragon

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

Dragon did the chomp chomp on its own. The one-eyed jack was yelling, "obey me" at the dragon

As big as Vhagar is, and the fact that she (Vhagar) got pissed with the tiny fire spray from Arrax, just like an angry pit bull there had to be carnage. More than an
eye for an eye.

It's hard to keep up on all of the dragons with their obscure names, but Vhagar is one to remember. It seems this big girl is can tame, but don't get on her wrong side.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
In one of the first episodes the now dead king said something to effect of "We only have the illusion of controlling the dragons." I think that was a bit of foreshadowing of the end of season one, and possibly we'll see more dragons not listening to their riders in the future.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post