SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    House of the Dragon
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House of the Dragon Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
Had high hopes, not sure I will continue watching. It does feel like a wannabee half effort...

Is it Steller? Maybe not. But just look around at the alternatives. I think it has something to offer. But I get it. If you don't like it tune out. I do that on many shows. I don't like that others rave about and just leave it at that.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
Had high hopes, not sure I will continue watching. It does feel like a wannabee half effort...

Is it Steller? Maybe not. But just look around at the alternatives. I think it has something to offer. But I get it, If you don't like it tune out. I do that on many show I don't like that others rave about and just leave it at that.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Show should be rebranded as “GoT for Dummies”.

Here´s my new Hand candidate with a cunning plan to spice things up

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now that right there is FUNNY. I don't care what anyone else thinks. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the show got to where it was obviously going to go, but it saw a pretty slow episode to get there, especially the first half. Hopefully we get the dragon war we all want to see sooner than later. I guess the old saying is true. It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Lots of complaints about parts of the episode being too dark, so be prepared.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Maybe Rhaneyrs will masturbate in the window with her uncle and the whole show will be complete.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Show should be rebranded as “GoT for Dummies”.

Here´s my new Hand candidate with a cunning plan to spice things up

0-0

Where’s the codpiece?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to wonder how incompetent the house guards are this show. They never seem to be around, or show up very late, or if they are around never seem to stop anything or protect anyone. Aside from not showing up until the end of the kid fight, they don’t show up until a body thrown in a fireplace has time to be completely burned beyond recognition, even though a servant ran to get them as soon the fight started.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me the series is just painfully boring. I’m about out.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
To me the series is just painfully boring. I’m about out.

Of course not every program is for everybody, and it seems the GOT devotees are having a problem with HOD. Me, I'm liking it as it sets up the pre GOT goings on. Much like BCS and BB. Both done in the earlier time period which I really liked. And their are lots of dragons. I'm not here to sell it, but I'm tuning in and if others don't, well okay.

-D.H. Lawrence

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Couldn't tell if the last episode was good or not, it was so dark on screen that I couldn't tell what was going on.

Like, filmed that way. Very off putting.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the last episode was the best one of the season so far. Truly. And I'm no GoT fanboy or apologist. I'm definitely in, and damn Matt Smith can act.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I'm on the fence with this series... some of the acting is phenomenal, but the script is much more 'political' than action, and it's just not what I was hoping for.

I'll probably stick out the remaining episodes, but if it doesn't liven up, I probably wouldn't watch it next season.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Couldn't tell if the last episode was good or not, it was so dark on screen that I couldn't tell what was going on.

Read that a few times now but I had no issues. But I do have panels that do inky blacks and a light controlled room.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
I'm on the fence with this series... some of the acting is phenomenal, but the script is much more 'political' than action, and it's just not what I was hoping for.

I'll probably stick out the remaining episodes, but if it doesn't liven up, I probably wouldn't watch it next season.

I'm there also and I'm a huge GOT fan.
Its not bad and I know it's setting up before GOT with the characters but it feels forced sometimes.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

That bugger the crap out of me too. It was the 70's style of shooting in daylight, but slap a dark filter on the lens to make it look like night. A few scenes the sun was clearly reflecting off Rheyana's hair. One would think after all the criticism of the Battle of Winterfel episode they would approach filming night scenes better.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Basically, as we wait for something of relevance to happen on the last season episode, we can consider the rest the longest teaser EVAH!

I’m so unimpressed.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone else have a hard time hearing what the hell they are saying? My wife and I are constantly asking each other what the hell they said. I think I'll just start calling everyone Mumbles.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phil in indy:
Does anyone else have a hard time hearing what the hell they are saying? My wife and I are constantly asking each other what the hell they said. I think I'll just start calling everyone Mumbles.

I guess it's our crappy speakers. Movies & series like HoD are especially difficult. We keep CC on for such shows, and I've started using my Airpod Pros with noise cancelation on and it makes a world of difference.

-D.H. Lawrence

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
This shit is boring as hell.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post