Find
Notify
Tools

New Bosch Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Same as the old Bosch?

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how to watch this with Prime?

I keep getting a message: "this device (the same Samsung smart tv we always watch Prime on) doesn't support Freevee."

What am I missing?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Same as the old Bosch?

Here is the trailer for Bosch: Legacy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhGY8P8geiw

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:

I keep getting a message: "this device (the same Samsung smart tv we always watch Prime on) doesn't support Freevee."

What am I missing?

As far as I know I did watch it in the Prime app, I searched in prime and it pulled up.

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:

What am I missing?

Are you trying to download Freevee as an app or just attempting to access it through your Amazon Prime subscription? I subscribed to iMDB prior to it's takeover/renaming of "Freevee", but I'm watching the new Bosch series by first going to Amazon Prime, then scrolling down to the associated channels. Like Epix, Freevee is listed under "Your Channels." Click on that or do a search for "Bosch" using the Search function in the Home setting.

I'm definitely hooked on the new Bosch series and am looking forward to new episodes. I was kinda shocked to see that in addition to getting his private investigator's license, Bosch qualified and testified as an expert on confession evidence for the defense in a criminal case. Not only did I follow that same path after retiring from LE (and I was the only Los Angeles County Court "Confessions Evidence" expert" on the County's panel (available for approval) who wasn't an academic and obtained my experience and training as a police officer, on the episode described, a character testified that the defendant could be coerced into saying he'd killed President Kennedy even though the accused hadn't even been born yet. I'd used that same analogy myself on the witness stand many times, but hadn't heard others do the same. Are they (the Bosch writers) following me around or what? Big Grin

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:

What am I missing?

Like Epix, Freevee is listed under "Your Channels." Click on that or do a search for "Bosch" using the Search function in the Home setting.

This is what I did. I got that far & got the "this device doesn't support Freevee mentioned above.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two episodes last night. Excellent, good ol Harry. Glad to see Coltrane is still around.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
Does he still harry his magazines facing the wring way? Always bugged me.

Posts: 868 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got about half way thru the first episode. Maddy as a cop just bugs me for some reason. I don't really understand why.

I've got vacation in July. I might let them get the whole season up before I dive back into it.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Just finished the first episodes that are available, excellent. I checked, and they say there'll be 10 episodes, releasing 2 a week until May 27th.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episodes. Enjoyed it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have yet to see a firearm. In the trailers, looked like he was carrying a revolver.

quote:
Originally posted by JDSigManiac:

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the Bosch reboot.
I do agree that Maddy is a stretch as a beat Cop. Watching her run down street thugs and tackle them, cuff them, is hard to swallow. She's a bit frail looking for that job.

Posts: 4607 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I like her character but I agree with you. She is physically out or depth in that job. On a side note, I’m enjoying the new changes & enjoy seeing past colleagues popping up from time to time. Very good show
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I do agree that Maddy is a stretch as a beat Cop. Watching her run down street thugs and tackle them, cuff them, is hard to swallow. She's a bit frail looking for that job.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
One could certainly poke holes in Bosch, but it continues to be one of the best series out there in the vast wasteland that is television. Appreciate the heads-up on accessing it through our Firestick.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Part of that is scene management. When she ran down that bad guy and got him to the ground, he was struggling, yet held his hands behind his back with no physical help from her.

Still I get it. All scenes can't be 100% realistic. The story line, and Titus Welliver (Bosch) carry the show. And a special "good boy" to Coltrane.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDSigManiac:

He's retired and working as a private investigator. I don't think I've seen him with a gun yet.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
9:15 in the first episode, he pulls his gun out of the glove box after stealing that box out of a safe. Can't tell what it is though

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Up to episode 6 now. No spoilers. Still good. And I like the new Tech Guy!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I like her character but I agree with you. She is physically out or depth in that job. On a side note, I’m enjoying the new changes & enjoy seeing past colleagues popping up from time to time. Very good show
quote:

I personally know LAPD officers that are even shorter/more petite than Maddie Bosch.
Some can handle business, others not so much. My buddies ex girlfriend came from Spain, she was pretty small but model hot. She got hired finally, passed the academy, and got sent to Vice to be an undercover hooker. She ended up marrying some rich doctor and quitting the force.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post