Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bosch Login/Join 
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
At the end of the first episode. I'm liking it overall but...

Out of place foul language for characters that didn't used to use foul language feels weird. An f bomb here or there, especially after what happened at the end of last season, makes some sense, but it feels like more than that and feels out of place.

Maddie had to have said fuck 6-10 times in the first episode and I don't think I ever heard her curse before.

And this is coming from a guy that LOVES foul language.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Same as the old Bosch?

Pretty much, but the new theme song blows.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree on the theme song. Stinkeroo.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the new theme is great - better than the original.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I watched the first five episodes. It was a little slow at first, but still interesting. The story arc of the daughter seems a bit superfluous, but maybe it will tie in more directly with the main theme.

Side note: Earlier in this thread I reported I was unable to watch Freevee on a Samsung smart TV. It still gives the same message (this device not supported) but the Samsung TV in the bedroom (maybe a year or two newer) plays Freevee. Go figure. BTW, I updated the other TV but still no joy.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm still a bit confused about the whole Freevee thing and think it sucks I have to watch commercials even though I'm a prime member....oh well.

But regarding the above post, I'm watching on my old Sony screen which is about 2008 vintage. No issues.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:

That’s a pretty low bar for sure.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Just finished the latest segment of episodes. Gotta say that was really a cliff hanger!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Just finished the latest segment of episodes. Gotta say that was really a cliff hanger!

Great couple of episodes!!! I was very surprised to see Bosch deciding to utilize a S&W revolver (looked like a .45 ACP/AR Nightguard) when he's been such a consistent 1911 fan. No spoilers intended, but H&Ks certainly had their place in these last two episodes!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The female assassin was played by Tetiana Gaidar. Ukrainian. Shame to see her in only one episode. Never did get to see the holster she was stuffing that HK into!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:

I like the old one better.

So I guess we're tied. Smile

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The female assassin was played by Tetiana Gaidar.

Apparently with a gun, she's "all that and a bag of chips". Shoots at the "Bad Ass With a Gun" school of shooting with Taran Butler of which John Wick (Keanu Reeves) is an alumni.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
It's crazy that the Reagan Library is just behind that hill in the background of Taran's shooting range

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You’re using an old man’s gun Bosch!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I always loved how Bosch was into Jazz and old school 2 channel audio.
Loved seeing the Ohm speakers.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

You shoulda counted guns!

Like YooperSigs said about Tetiana, "Shame to see her in only one episode".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig Marine,

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Amen Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

You shoulda counted guns!

Like YooperSigs said about Tetiana, "Shame to see her in only one episode".

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
New season starts Oct 20th.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I always loved how Bosch was into Jazz and old school 2 channel audio.
Loved seeing the Ohm speakers.

Definitely makes for a good soundtrack.
I'm rewatching S1 of Loki then S2.
Hopefully S2 of the new Bosch is all up by then.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I dislike having to wait a week between episodes & would rather binge it after the season is fully released.

You make a good point. We may wait a little bit as well.

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post