SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Andor (September 21 on Disney+):
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Andor (September 21 on Disney+): Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Coworker keeps up with this stuff & has said that what he's reading is generally positive, and these are from sources that largely called out Boba & Obi for their issues.

Based on what I'd read here & his comments, I've not started Boba nor Obi, but might give this one a try once some more reviews come in.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15148 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of the character, Andor, and the first episode was about him screwing up and immediately being on the run from the law. Also involves a corporate middle-management type whose ambition overrides what his superior instructed him not to do.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They need to feature Andor's twin brother- Eitheror

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They need to feature Andor's twin brother- Eitheror

Gold.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I can't wait! I LOVE Andor! I hope he gets a part on the Mandelorian. I mean, I only watched 98% of Rogue One, but he was by far the best part so I'm sure that he goes far in this new Star Wars era, especially with the effort put in this prequel that will be totally devoid of suspense because I know he survives no matter what. I mean, I'm 98% into Game of Thrones first season and I'm sure that Ned Stark is going to be my favorite throughout the series, no way can something happen to him with a mainstream actor like Sean Bean playing him right?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:

I mean, I only watched 98% of Rogue One

Thank you for FINALLY spelling ROGUE One correctly in this thread

Rouge is a color

Posts: 33595 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I just watched all three. So far it is really good, even if at a slow pace in Episode 1&2. I don't feel K. Kennedy's tendrils infecting this series yet.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is that AK doing against blasters and armor designed to stop blaster fire?

I am glad you like it; however I am done with Disney.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like Mikhail Kalashnikov didn't invent the AK after all. It was already in use a long time ago in some other galaxy far away from us.
Could it be that Kalashnikov found the rifle among the remains of an ancient alien crash site?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Decided to give it a try. So far not bad. No Jedis, Vader, Skywalkers, Yoda, or anyone from the Skywalker saga movies. I hope they keep it like that. After the Obi-Wan series, I’m done with them retconning the movies. One of the good things about The Mandalorian is for the most part, they stayed away from the movies, although they couldn’t resist doing the stunt casting of Luke and Ashoka for a couple of episodes.

Kind of a gritty story so far, with a relatively unlikable hero. If the first 10 minutes, he straight up murders a guy on his knees begging for his life just to cover up him accidentally killing another guy in a fight.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

Kind of a gritty story so far, with a relatively unlikable hero. If the first 10 minutes, he straight up murders a guy on his knees begging for his life just to cover up him accidentally killing another guy in a fight.

Point blank laser blast right to the face. Dang.

I'm only one episode in and so far, yeah, not bad.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30295 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Watched 10 minutes. We realized we couldn’t remember a single thing about the Rogue One movie so we quit until we watch it. I’m sure we tried once.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I thought Rogue One was one of the better movies along with Empire so was really interested to see this play out. So far, so good.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Watched 10 minutes. We realized we couldn’t remember a single thing about the Rogue One movie so we quit until we watch it. I’m sure we tried once.

I watched the first 2 episodes tonight. I really liked Rogue One and though it was one of the only things Disney DIDN"T fuck up...

But I'm just finding myself unable to really get into it.

It isn't bad, it just doesn't really entertain me. I found myself looking at my phone and then looking up when the sound was loud and not knowing what was going on.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Things pick up in episode 3.
Only funny item is the corporate rent a cops thinking they are the Empire's first line of defense. I've seen the type in my travels,and yeah, just needed a few more that looked like they struggle with a PT test, but got the attitude right.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I watched (sort of) the first 3 episodes with my wife and adult nephew.

A) I was impressed with the writing, and the overall quality of the show.
B) I didn't really care, got bored with it, and quickly lost interest.

It's a LOT better than Boba Fett and Obi Wan, and I'll probably watch it more. But, if it suddenly dropped and never re-aired, I wouldn't really mind, either. . .

I just feel like this (once again) is a story that DID NOT need to be told. I didn't care how Han got his last name or where he got his blaster. I didn't want to know what Darth Vader was like as a whiny 10-yr old child or angsty whiny teen, I definitely didn't need to see Obi Wan working for minimum wage while stalking Luke.

Disney needs to ditch the freeking prequel series and MAKE NEW STORIES!!!!!!!!!

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well here we go with the lazy writing, the leader of the rent a cops isn't killed, he just gets tied up. How convenient, now he can come back later on. We're supposed to believe that the guy who shot someone in the face, suddenly can't kill someone who's trying to kill him. Pretty good writing until then.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Well here we go with the lazy writing, the leader of the rent a cops isn't killed, he just gets tied up. How convenient, now he can come back later on. We're supposed to believe that the guy who shot someone in the face, suddenly can't kill someone who's trying to kill him. Pretty good writing until then.

Admittedly a slight problem. But aside from this, I am stoked by it. Grit. Fear (he acts controlled fear well, doesn't he?) Determination. They despise the Empire.

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:

Well, killing the man in episode one made some kind of practical sense. He didn't want to leave anyone around who could identify him. No witnesses. In episode three, they already know who he is so why kill the deputy inspector just for the sake of killing him?

I'll admit, so far I am enjoying the show when I at first didn't have very high hopes for it. This is a pleasant surprise since Rogue One is my favorite Star Wars movie.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30295 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I think I am the only person who did not like Rogue one.

It opened with him killing the guy who just got him the data at great personal sacrifice . . . because . . . reasons. "Thanks for the data bitch, now here is a literal stab in the back"

It just went downhill for me from there. (Personally, why not write the scene where the guy realizes he cant escape, and that it endangers everything, takes the weapon goes down in a blaze of glory) But todays world wants 'character development', so stabbing your own guy so he doesnt slow you down wins the day.

finally got to watch Andor, and I was a few minutes in and he murders two guys because . . . he was being picked on?

I got an email from work so I decided to just do that with my time. I dunno, maybe I will watch it, but I just really do not like the guy.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3572 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post