SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Andor (September 21 on Disney+):
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Andor (September 21 on Disney+): Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
My take on the first episode killing is that he killed the first guy accidentally. They were fighting and he hit his head on the wall, or something like that. For the second guy, I think he just panicked. After that, he was going on about how he screwed up, which doesn’t track with him just being a cold blooded killer from the get go. For not killing the rent-a-cop, could be just story reasons, or maybe he was worried about the sound of blaster fire drawing the other cops in the area.
 
Posts: 2967 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I guess I was watching a talk on she-hulk and they were talking about "why do they (superheroes) not care that they are hurting bystanders anymore?"

my thoughts are that I think they are just using lazy writing to create the character. But if you accidently kill someone do you murder the next guy to immediately cover it up? Maybe, if you were already a murderous sociopath. Seems to me most people would be like "someone call for help . . ."

I just dont like the guy.



This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson
 
Posts: 3340 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
It is war for the freedom of the GALAXY. Some sacrifice themselves. Surely they are willing to sacrifice others just the same.
 
Posts: 10936 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Straight up. This might be the very best piece of Star Wars content yet. IMO

Love

It

!
 
Posts: 10936 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
"Lieutenant Gorn" ... shouldn't he be more... reptilian?




_________________________
NRA Endowment Member
_________________________
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis
 
Posts: 5535 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
"Lieutenant Gorn" ... shouldn't he be more... reptilian?


Begone Trekkie!!!

This episode was good. Not any action, but better than the first two episodes of the series.


Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!
 
Posts: 24829 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
The heist is on. Good episode today.


Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!
 
Posts: 24829 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
The heist is on. Good episode today.


I hope so. The last two episodes have just been boring exposition. Between the bunch of rebels who put the rag in ragtag, watching fired rent-a-cop being shamed by his mother for being a failure, Mon Mothra’s unhappy home life, and tight-ass ice queen back at Imperial HQ trying to figure it out, I’m about done. The worst episodes of Clone Wars or Rebels are more interesting than the last two episodes. The first three episodes were good, but the show has really taken a step down IMHO.
 
Posts: 2967 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere the whole season is supposed to be in 3 episode cycles, build build boom. That seems to be aligning so far. Either way I’ve been loving it since the start. The Eye was a pretty spectacular event, I might have to go to Aldhani for vacation in three years. Big Grin
 
Posts: 561 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
The heist is on. Good episode today.


I hope so. The last two episodes have just been boring exposition. Between the bunch of rebels who put the rag in ragtag, watching fired rent-a-cop being shamed by his mother for being a failure, Mon Mothra’s unhappy home life, and tight-ass ice queen back at Imperial HQ trying to figure it out, I’m about done. The worst episodes of Clone Wars or Rebels are more interesting than the last two episodes. The first three episodes were good, but the show has really taken a step down IMHO.


They're building characters that I believe (hope) will live on for years to come. I love this series, because it's not just a lot of zoom-zoom zany action, one liners and cameos by future children's toys.
 
Posts: 10936 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone still watching? I watched episode 6 with the heist, but it didn’t do anything for me. I didn’t see last week’s show. Was it worthwhile? Just find it too boring and don’t really care about any of the characters.
 
Posts: 2967 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Anyone still watching? I watched episode 6 with the heist, but it didn’t do anything for me. I didn’t see last week’s show. Was it worthwhile? Just find it too boring and don’t really care about any of the characters.


I couldn't feel more differently about it than you. Though I will say that last weeks was (in your words) slower than the Heist episode. So you probably won't like it. I on the other hand, am very much enjoying the pacing, which is allowing the introduction of the beginning of the rebellion. A story well worth telling IMO.

"How the rebellion started" requires us to learn enough to believe that disparate peoples across the galaxy would be willing to stand shoulder to shoulder against a seemingly unstoppable evil. So, it takes a minute. Or, a series.

I'm so pleased this isn't a children's zoom-zoom shoot 'em up and with three new Christmas toys introduced just in time for retail gluttony season. In my opinion (and in the opinion of many others), Rogue One was the finest moment in the Star Wars franchise. And here is Casian, and how he got to that moment on the beach. I'll take ever frame a film they're willing to give me of this flavor of Star Wars.

It's of interest to me that there's been no mention of the Force yet. This is thus far a story of human beings. Able to be stopped (spoiler alert) by merely being grabbed be a robot and hung onto. They're risking everything for the dream, the spark, of the rebellion. And the rebellion at this moment is just the notion that there could ever again be a time without the Empire.

I'm seeing a touch of the reality of humanity in those working to start this rebellion too, in that they can edge over the razor thin precipice to being evil themselves. A necessary evil as they see it. To do what must be done.

And a special shout out to the building of the backstory for these very interesting, driven, demented, willingly-evil Empire goons. I really like those threads too. Hell, the Empire (Director?) who leads the intelligence teams is downright a pleasure to watch.
 
Posts: 10936 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I couldn't feel more differently about it than you.


I completely agree with everything you said, rogue. It's an amazing series so far. Very well done. The portrayal of the building of the Rebellion and risks they are all taking is great. I'm especially enjoying the scenes with Mon Mothma and the role she's playing.



 
Posts: 2220 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
r0gue is correct. Andor is a slower paced show that has a planned sequence of slow-slow-action in the episodes. Have yet to see today's release, but expecting a slow one and next weeks to be the action episode. Edit: just saw it. It is good, even if it is only building to next weeks episode. Seeing the different factions operate. Some over dinner parties on Corusant City, others in cold caves.

I binged Rebels recently, and it covers the same time period. It is more 'Star Wars' with Jedi's, Sith, space chases, faster pacing. But it's arc is a small group trying to fight the Empire and help people becoming part of the Rebellion and it growing from small cells into a larger group. And they manage to introduce canon while at the same time not doing a retcon of existing work.

Another plus is I haven't seen Kathleen Kennedy's influence that made Book of Boba Fett a hot mess.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: IrishWind,


Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!
 
Posts: 24829 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Anyone still watching? I watched episode 6 with the heist, but it didn’t do anything for me. I didn’t see last week’s show. Was it worthwhile? Just find it too boring and don’t really care about any of the characters.


I couldn't feel more differently about it than you. Though I will say that last weeks was (in your words) slower than the Heist episode. So you probably won't like it. I on the other hand, am very much enjoying the pacing, which is allowing the introduction of the beginning of the rebellion. A story well worth telling IMO.

"How the rebellion started" requires us to learn enough to believe that disparate peoples across the galaxy would be willing to stand shoulder to shoulder against a seemingly unstoppable evil. So, it takes a minute. Or, a series.

I'm so pleased this isn't a children's zoom-zoom shoot 'em up and with three new Christmas toys introduced just in time for retail gluttony season. In my opinion (and in the opinion of many others), Rogue One was the finest moment in the Star Wars franchise. And here is Casian, and how he got to that moment on the beach. I'll take ever frame a film they're willing to give me of this flavor of Star Wars.

It's of interest to me that there's been no mention of the Force yet. This is thus far a story of human beings. Able to be stopped (spoiler alert) by merely being grabbed be a robot and hung onto. They're risking everything for the dream, the spark, of the rebellion. And the rebellion at this moment is just the notion that there could ever again be a time without the Empire.

I'm seeing a touch of the reality of humanity in those working to start this rebellion too, in that they can edge over the razor thin precipice to being evil themselves. A necessary evil as they see it. To do what must be done.

And a special shout out to the building of the backstory for these very interesting, driven, demented, willingly-evil Empire goons. I really like those threads too. Hell, the Empire (Director?) who leads the intelligence teams is downright a pleasure to watch.


I agree 100%

I went into this with trepidation... I HATED the first 4 episodes of the Obi Wan series (but loved the last 2), HATED the "new" trilogy with Rey and the other lame-o's, and was thought "The Book of Boba Fett" was just phoned in by the staff. "The Mandalorian" is just ok, has good moments but the episodes are way too short and lacking substance IMO.

This seems like they actually tried to write a story and make it make sense.

It might be a fluke and I still say Kathleen Kennedy needs to be fired, and Disney should refund everyone the money they spend on everything since their takeover except for "Rogue One"





Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
 
Posts: 33282 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm still watching and just got caught up on the last two episodes.

I'm still very much enjoying the show so far.


~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else.
~Andrew Klavan
 
Posts: 29034 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I watched this garbage to prove a point to my daughter. There is zero disney content made within the last 5 years without it being made to push pedophile agenda. To preface this, I consider all alphabet people pedophiles.
1. Gay and lesbian characters.
2. Civilization is bad, nature good.
3. Don’t eat meat, drink tree milk and food from a tube.
4. Trannys - “I don’t care if you wear a ball gown.”
5. Kept husbands and weak men abound.
6. Only women are competent.
7. Prostitution via the brothel.
F this show and it’s agenda


** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone
 
Posts: 301 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I watched this garbage to prove a point to my daughter. There is zero disney content made within the last 5 years without it being made to push pedophile agenda. To preface this, I consider all alphabet people pedophiles.
1. Gay and lesbian characters.
2. Civilization is bad, nature good.
3. Don’t eat meat, drink tree milk and food from a tube.
4. Trannys - “I don’t care if you wear a ball gown.”
5. Kept husbands and weak men abound.
6. Only women are competent.
7. Prostitution via the brothel.
F this show and it’s agenda


I don't think we're watching the same show.
 
Posts: 10936 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm no longer watching, but enjoy the rest of the season.


** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone
 
Posts: 301 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I watched this garbage to prove a point to my daughter. There is zero disney content made within the last 5 years without it being made to push pedophile agenda. To preface this, I consider all alphabet people pedophiles.
1. Gay and lesbian characters.
2. Civilization is bad, nature good.
3. Don’t eat meat, drink tree milk and food from a tube.
4. Trannys - “I don’t care if you wear a ball gown.”
5. Kept husbands and weak men abound.
6. Only women are competent.
7. Prostitution via the brothel.
F this show and it’s agenda


I don't think we're watching the same show.


Me either. I didn't see any of that stuff in the show, IF any of it was, it was so small that it didn't even register.





Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
 
Posts: 33282 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Andor (September 21 on Disney+):

© SIGforum 2023