SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Andor (September 21 on Disney+):
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Andor (September 21 on Disney+): Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Concur with swampdog. Very satisfying ending. Rogue One is on the short list for movies to watch this weekend.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swampdog:
Make sure to stay around for a post credit scene.

Called it. Big Grin

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Needs more climbing.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I know I'm beating a dead horse, but they keep teeing it up so I'm gonna keep hitting it. A guy headbutts a stormtrooper and knocks him unconscious. Like, what? Stop wearing the armor if you aren't getting any benefit from it!

After watching the first two episodes, I had to wait until the season ended to be able to see it again. After reading the back and forth about the pacing of the show, it seems to me that binge-watching the show would have been better for some. It keeps the pacing up instead of making you wait a week for the next piece of the story. Because I binged it, I was able to fully enjoy every moment, including the slow ones.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree with Orguss that binge watching is probably a better way to see the series. I was watching week to week, and checked out after episode 6, the credit heist. It was pretty slow in places. I caught up with the series over the last couple of days, watching the next 5 episodes in the same day, and the finale the next day. Enjoyed it a lot more this way.

The dynamic between Syril and Dedra is interesting. He’s gone into full on creepy stalker mode, but in that scene in the last episode after he saves her, it seems like maybe she’s into it a little. Odds of a hookup in Season 2?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there supposed to be a season 2? I guess they could do somemore before killing the DeathStar.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Yes, season two is in the works. Filming now in the UK. From LINK

Moving on to season 2, we know that each block of three episodes will be covering each year in between the events of season 1 and the beginning of Rogue One. Gilroy confirmed that each block will be contained, covering just a handful of days from each of those years, before jumping forward another year:

“They are actually super condensed. They’re like three days, four days, two weeks, four days. They’re really tight. It’s cool that way. "

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:
Is there supposed to be a season 2? I guess they could do somemore before killing the DeathStar.

Yep.

The show is set 5 years before Rogue 1. So there's lots of room to play with the story.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:

Yep.

The show is set 5 years before Rogue 1. So there's lots of room to play with the story.

That's actually the disappointing part of the announcement. It seems like they're going to burn the whole 5 years in one season, and that'll be it for Andor. But at least it should move fast enough to please all of the too-slow crowd.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Andor, "You came here to kill me, didn't you?"

Luthen, "Yes, until I met your mother!"

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Hopefully there is enough unused footage etc that the crew that made this TV show can redo the sequels entirely and make the ones that KK produced non-canon and, unaired again any more often than the Christmas special has been.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Hopefully there is enough unused footage etc that the crew that made this TV show can redo the sequels entirely and make the ones that KK produced non-canon and, unaired again any more often than the Christmas special has been.

I don’t see how this would even be possible. Assuming you’re talking about episodes 7, 8, and 9, this show deals with a time period at least 40 years before those sequels. Virtually nothing they could have shot would be usable for any of those later movies. Like it or not, those movies are out there, aren’t going away, and aren’t going to be redone.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

That's actually the disappointing part of the announcement. It seems like they're going to burn the whole 5 years in one season, and that'll be it for Andor. But at least it should move fast enough to please all of the too-slow crowd.

How can it be five years until the events of Rogue One, when they *SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS* the Death Star 99% completed in the post-credits scene of the final episode?

They ended the season showing the Death Beam thing (whatever it's called) being assembled. In Rogue One, they showed this assembly being inserted into the completed Death Star. In both cases, the entire Death Star looked to be 100% complete, with the exception of the gun.

In Jedi, the Death Star was not nearly complete, and it looked like it. It was skeletal in many sections, with vast sections physically missing.

I concede this is a minor nit pick, and I did enjoy the show. There are parts of it that still seem boring and slow, but the balance of the show was really good.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

How can it be five years until the events of Rogue One, when they *SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS* the Death Star 99% completed in the post-credits scene of the final episode?

They ended the season showing the Death Beam thing (whatever it's called) being assembled. In Rogue One, they showed this assembly being inserted into the completed Death Star. In both cases, the entire Death Star looked to be 100% complete, with the exception of the gun.

In Jedi, the Death Star was not nearly complete, and it looked like it. It was skeletal in many sections, with vast sections physically missing.

I concede this is a minor nit pick, and I did enjoy the show. There are parts of it that still seem boring and slow, but the balance of the show was really good.

Are you forgetting that in Return of The Jedi, that was a SECOND Death Star? Luke blowed the first one up at the end of A New Hope.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:

Nice thought but, that's not happening. The best that can happen is Mandalorian and Andor continue to be so much better that the contrast between them is impossible to ignore to any fan.

One nit to pick, stun-setting is available on Stormtrooper's blasters and other guns that the Empire has, if Dedra was looking to take Andor alive, why didn't she order the detachment to set their weapons?

Anybody know why Syril and the eager Scottish Sergeant swapped hats on the bus ride in?

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Anybody know why Syril and the eager Scottish Sergeant swapped hats on the bus ride in?

I think it was to make Syril fit in better. Syril was a bit white collar, and becoming an Imperial bureaucrat didn't help.

As for the spoiler scene at the end, they could have shown the Death Star at 25-40% done, and people would have got what it was.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The hat the Sergeant gives him is fairly similar in style to the short-brimmed caps they wore as Corpo guards, and has the same dark orange color.

Notice that he also wore a high-collared shirt in the same dark blue color as his old Corpo uniform.

The outfit was symbolic of Syril resuming that unfinished business, by donning that (quasi)uniform.

Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
WooHoo! I got Luthern!
Quiz: Which Andor Character Are You?

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Are you forgetting that in Return of The Jedi, that was a SECOND Death Star? Luke blowed the first one up at the end of A New Hope.

I know. I was comparing the construction methods of the first Death Star to the second. This (first) one looked complete with the sole exception of the laser assembly. In Jedi, the second Death Star was incomplete, and it was obvious looking at it. It seems that if they really wanted to show the first Death Star to be incomplete, it would have at least somewhat resembled the one in Jedi (unless people would have gotten confused and thought we were seeing the second Death Star when the first one was being built). . .

Now, for the first one we saw here, they could have built the shell, installed the laser unit, and THEN finished the interior (like bricking and roofing a house and then putting in the floors, carpet, appliances, lights, etc). That could have taken 5 years. I am no expert on Imperial construction methods. However, for the sake of the show, it would have been much better to simply show that the first Death Star was nowhere near complete, instead of making it look like all they needed to do was put in the laser unit when we know there are 5 more years to go until the events of Rogue One. . .

(Look at my C.U.T. - I'm a Space Nerd)

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
This is assuming that the post-credit scene is contemporary to the events of Season 1.

Maybe they were stockpiling those pieces until they had constructed a sufficient quantity of them, and then eventually built and installed the laser 5 years after the events of Season 1, with this scene being a glimpse ahead at that.