SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Andor (September 21 on Disney+):
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Andor (September 21 on Disney+): Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
The are revealing the answer to the question most had never thought to ask. The backstory has become far more interesting than marquee story line. I love it.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
This latest episode was excellent! Agree the recent comments. What do we think happened to Kino Loy? Did he jump and drown, or stay in the prison?

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Kino’s dead. He said so himself. Hope kept him going until he realized he was never going to be released, then sacrificed himself for the greater good. I feel like I’ve seen this before. At least we now we know where Andor got his climbing skills from.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
"Calm. Kindness, kinship. Love. I’ve given up all chance at inner peace, I’ve made my mind a sunless space. I share my dreams with ghosts. I wake up every day to an equation I wrote 15 years ago from which there’s only one conclusion: I’m damned for what I do. My anger, my ego, my unwillingness to yield, my eagerness to fight, they’ve set me on a path from which there is no escape. I yearned to be a savior against injustice without contemplating the cost, and by the time I looked down, there was no longer any ground beneath my feet.

What is... what is my sacrifice? I’m condemned to use the tools of my enemy to defeat them. I burn my decency for someone else’s future. I burn my life, to make a sunrise that I know I’ll never see. No, the ego that started this fight will never have a mirror, or an audience, or the light of gratitude. So what do I sacrifice?

Everything." - Luthen Rael (as played by the excellent Stellan Skarsgård), in Star Wars "Andor"

I put this right up there with Rutger Hauer's "Tears in the Rain" speech in Bladerunner

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The speech was almost a soliloquy because the ISB guy was completely lost. I was half expecting him to mention Tannhauser Gate.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
Star Wars dialogue went from - "I don't like Sand" to "THEY FLY NOW?" to "I burn my life to make a sunrise I'll never see..."

Good job.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I put this right up there with Rutger Hauer's "Tears in the Rain" speech in Bladerunner
Totally agree, really well presented.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Loved the most recent episode.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Man, this is going to run out in two weeks, and then what? Will need a replacement to look forward to each week.

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
And for something off topic: Zen - Grogu and the Dust Bunnies dropped onto Disney+. It is a short from Studio Ghibli. Very cute.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I havent seen the newest episode, my wife and I plan to watch it tonight I think.

But you guys were right, it really is a great well written series. I still do not care for the first three episodes, so much wasted time. BUT it has really come along and I am begrudgingly enjoying it.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
... I still do not care for the first three episodes, so much wasted time. BUT it has really come along and I am begrudgingly enjoying it.

I expect the time invested in the early episodes will be redeemed as they tie it together in the last two. Or perhaps not until next season. Again, it's a serial. None of this stands on it's own, and thus it can't be judged in that way.

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
One unexpected result is it is making me want to watch Rogue1 again. I only saw it the one time, and it just didnt sync with me.

But since my original opinions on this series was so wrong, it has made me doubt rogue 1 as well.

frick me, " . . . a sunrise I shall never see . . " incredible writing. I am really looking forward to the last two episodes.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The escape reminded me of Papillon.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm about 2/3rds of the way through, I held-off given the the disaster of Obi Wan and the mishandling of Boba Fett so, low expectations.

Was very encouraged to see Tony Gilroy involved, as the writer for Rogue One, which I believe is one of the finest of the Star Wars creations. This production has very much a smiler feel, little exposition, scenes aren't stuffed with unnecessary dialogue and action..its as if an adult is involved.

While this series' pacing is much, much slower than all the other SW Series shows, its also the most dramatic and adult in content. Seeing how the rebellion was formed is a nice departure from the constant action; anybody that's studied insurgencies and revolutions, never does such an event start from a single-organic source but, from multiple, seemingly opposite social groups that find common cause and leverage their positions. Looking forward to more binge nights.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Today's episode does have some action. And that ending was amazing.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
The Fondor Haulcraft, splitting ass and spitting flames, but for the discerning gentlemen. That was an intensely great piece of action with the ISB Arrestor ship. Looks like we’re on track for a feisty finale as it seems everyone is headed to the same place. I can’t wait.

Once again Luthen’s dedication to the cause on full display. It stuck with me, even though he seems cold and indifferent to Kreegor’s crew in plain speak, each time Saw says “30 men” to impress on the significance of that many lives would be lost, Luthen immediately responds “plus Kreegor”. It’s not lost on him for a second exactly how many lives are on the line at all times. So good.

Posts: 587 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Ok, it is official now........Slave 1 is now the second coolest ship in Star Wars. Also, IG11 is now the second saddest droid story arc.......so far.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Some of you may have missed this in the heat of the action. -- If you get a chance, watch the escape sequence again. At the end, after he's gotten free and bolted, destroying the ties and decimating the tractor array on the ISB Arrestor, they cut to the ISB commander staring out the window. In that view, you can simultaneously see in the reflection, the wreckage of the array and the pom-pom puffs that used to be his air-wing. OMG, what a visual!

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
They've reviewed this often enough, that I've been forced to contemplate it over and over. I'm going to have to say that the "You can't stay and I can't go scene is the best dramatic acting in all of Star Wars thus far".