SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Andor (September 21 on Disney+):
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Andor (September 21 on Disney+): Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
The two women who were with Andor on the heist were confirmed to be in a relationship. But it was subtle in show. And Andor was in a brothel/red light district in the first five minutes on episode 1 of the series. But is this a woke manifesto being shoved down our throats? Not even close.

Looking forward to the next episode. Also there is a mid-season trailer floating around. It contains a big spoiler or two, and I wish the youtuber I saw it through had mentioned spoilers prior to showing the video. Mad

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
The two women who were with Andor on the heist were confirmed to be in a relationship. But it was subtle in show. And Andor was in a brothel/red light district in the first five minutes on episode 1 of the series. But is this a woke manifesto being shoved down our throats? Not even close.

Looking forward to the next episode. Also there is a mid-season trailer floating around. It contains a big spoiler or two, and I wish the youtuber I saw it through had mentioned spoilers prior to showing the video. Mad

Gotta link? Thanks for the spoiler warning.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Wish I did. But it was one of those YouTube recommends sites. Normally I stick with The Nerdist and one or two others that wait to do their reviews with spoilers after the episode is out.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I watched this garbage to prove a point to my daughter. There is zero disney content made within the last 5 years without it being made to push pedophile agenda. To preface this, I consider all alphabet people pedophiles.
1. Gay and lesbian characters.
2. Civilization is bad, nature good.
3. Don’t eat meat, drink tree milk and food from a tube.
4. Trannys - “I don’t care if you wear a ball gown.”
5. Kept husbands and weak men abound.
6. Only women are competent.
7. Prostitution via the brothel.
F this show and it’s agenda

He’s right. It’s just subtle.
All of the examples are just one liners, or not specifically spelled out.
I just binged it and Disney has hit every one of xd’s points.

I liked it-had no expectations going in. I began suspecting the blonde rebel girl lesbian thing the second time she showed up…but again it’s all subtle…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11239 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It's not really that subtle.

Five guys and two lesbians steal a ship and money from the Empire. The guy the show is named after survives and guess who else?

The women on Ferrix; the prostitute, the mother figure, and Brix, survive as does the guy the show is named after. The other guys on Ferrix might as well have been wearing red shirts.

Of the 32 deaths so far: 28 males shown, 1 female shown, 2 females deaths mentioned, but not shown, 1 unknown gender shown.

Taking a look at the characters that are still alive, how many of them are strong male characters vs weak male characters vs strong female characters vs weak female characters? Two maybe three strong male characters, the rest weak, five strong female characters and who am I kidding, there are no weak female characters.

Besides that, I'm not a fan of the pacing. Maybe next week's episode will change my mind, but really, what character development has taken place in episodes 8 and 9? It's all filler and no meat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10813 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It may not matter that much since no one seems to be watching the show:

Posts: 4125 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
As many have pointed out, this isn't Jedi/Sith, space battles, simple plot lines. But this guy has a good arguement why this is one of the better Star Wars titles out there:

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

Well I am. And I'm frankly loving it.

Today's episode was great. A good bit of intrigue. Not action packed, but I actually like the speed of the show right now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Just finished up episode 7 and I give it a MEH!!

I picked up on all the things XD pointed out prior to reading this thread but not as detailed as Trapper.

I am only watching now because I started it guess I should finish.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25344 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

Well I am. And I'm frankly loving it.

Today's episode was great. A good bit of intrigue. Not action packed, but I actually like the speed of the show right now.

100% agree. It's a serial folks. Each episode is not to be judged as a stand alone. It's metering out to the end revelation of how a galaxy stood up against an evil. And frankly, it's revealing how unspeakably evil the Empire really was. How evil the people of the Empire,.. the beings themselves, not the Sith, were. I say MOAR!!!! Love it.

Posts: 11343 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm digging it so far. I like that they're showing the enormous risks that are being taken by the rebels and how ruthless the empire is. I hope they eventually show how the imperial droid K-2SO gets reprogrammed and becomes Andor's sidekick.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3501 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I'm digging it so far. I like that they're showing the enormous risks that are being taken by the rebels and how ruthless the empire is. I hope they eventually show how the imperial droid K-2SO gets reprogrammed and becomes Andor's sidekick.

I think there are plans for this to have another series or two to follow up. No need to rush events for fan service/check boxes. That was one of the sins of Solo was to get all the boxes checked, and that movie didn't get interesting until the last act when they started showing what was going on to drive the story.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

It didn't connect with me that the K2S0 droid was from the Rogue One. I mean, I recognized it from prior films, but didn't get that angle when it grabbed him.

Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

It didn't connect with me that the K2S0 droid was from the Rogue One. I mean, I recognized it from prior films, but didn't get that angle when it grabbed him.

There were a few other of K2SO's type in Rogue One on Scarif, and it is supposed to be another common droid type that we never saw until then. Or now again...

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Still watching, and still absolutely loving it. We should definitely see him reprogram K-2 at some point because it was announced at the start of the project that Alan Tudyk was signed on for the series for, I “think”, season 2 which it already guaranteed. So we are 5 years before Rogue One in season 1, and season 2 will cover the next 4 years leading up to the events of R1. I just read a few days ago that show creator Tony Gilroy just brought on three directors this week to direct a three episode arc each for next season.

I’m with you on the ruthlessness. Sure the dark force wielders were always evil but when it came to officers for the most part they were always comically aloof. Watching the fucked up lengths the ISB are going to to get what they want has been interesting. Also seeing Andy Serkis rejoin Star Wars (albeit as a different character) was a treat. Don’t know how long he’ll be around as their prison team leader but I love watching the guy act. Something as simple as the scene on the bridge where he’s yelling at the prisoners to fall in line, and reassuring them any bad news rumors was just that, rumors and that it was just another day just another shift, but watching his face and realizing he’s really talking to himself and trying convince himself of the matter. Dude’s just awesome.

Posts: 587 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

It's a "K2" droid.

K2SO is a specific droid.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Gotcha. Makes sense.

Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
Shit today’s was a great episode.

“I’ve made my mind a sunless space, I share my dreams with ghosts… I burn my decency for someone else’s future. I burn my LIFE to make a sunrise I know I’ll never see. So what do I sacrifice? EVERYTHING!!”

That entire speech by Luthen (Stellan Skarsgard) was epic. That line about burning his life to make a sunrise he knows he’ll never see is very thematic and fitting with what we know of the ending of Rogue One.

Posts: 587 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Today's was really good.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just wrapped up today's episode. Yup, so good. They really knocked it out of the park with their casting choices for this series. The last scene with Skarsgard's speech was perfect.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post