Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2021 Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Arm Pump Surgery

I have experienced arm pump before and it wasn't pleasant but I also wasn't trying to hold onto a 250+ HP machine doing upwards of 200 MPH either. Here's to a quick recovery and his next podium Cool

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The current bikes are pushing 300HP. Fabio's issue was with the right arm. I do not think he trains with the MX bikes and that may be his issue. None of the Italians in the VR46 academy have this issue and they state it's because they train so heavily with MX bikes.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Pretty rough free practice session today. Lots of crashes. Suzuki’s Mir sounded almost pessimistic when talking about Suzuki’s chances at Le Mans. And this was before the lackluster free practice session today. They seem to love to dig themselves into a hole when it comes to qualifying. Mad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
They seem to love to dig themselves into a hole when it comes to qualifying. Mad

14th and 15th on the grid for Suzuki Eek

Gonna be a wet race so anything is possible.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That was a WILD race.

Heartbreaking day for Suzuki and Aprilia. I wasn’t expecting to see Rins get up onto 2nd place. What a shame he couldn’t fight with Marquez for a bit.

Ducati is looking pretty damn strong with back to back wins and back to back 1 & 2 finishes....aaaand now they get to head home to a track where they are quite dominant. Ducati’s odds of winning three in a row are good.

Is this Ducati’s year to win it all?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Wild is an understatement. Crazy would be better. I would have preferred a dry race but it was fun nonetheless. Suzuki and Aprilia suffered for sure. I still look for Yamaha to win the constructors cup but it’s still early in the season.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few tracks back to back to back coming up that are MUCH more favorable to Suzuki’s GSX-RR so they are not out of the fight yet. Don’t expect to see Suzuki dazzle you at Mugello. Not with the straight line speed that Ducati has harnessed this year and their home track coming up next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Finally watched France. Eek insanity.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
That was a WILD race.

Heartbreaking day for Suzuki and Aprilia. I wasn’t expecting to see Rins get up onto 2nd place. What a shame he couldn’t fight with Marquez for a bit.

Ducati is looking pretty damn strong with back to back wins and back to back 1 & 2 finishes....aaaand now they get to head home to a track where they are quite dominant. Ducati’s odds of winning three in a row are good.

Is this Ducati’s year to win it all?

Rins problem on the 2nd crash was the bike was setup for the dry but using rain tires. Team just didn’t have time to reconfigure the bike. These types of races are a complete cluster fuck.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Marquez is back to his old self. That pass on Rins when it really started pouring was just mental. I thought to myself F$&K he is going to crash or he is going to win this race.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motorsport.com/mot...togp-season/6515398/

quote:

The Italian marque signed Bagnaia to a two-year deal with its works squad beginning in 2021, but Miller only had a firm one-season contract with an option for a second.

Miller – who has been part of the Ducati family since 2018 when he joined Pramac – came under pressure at the start of 2021 after a lacklustre opening to his campaign, with various issues in the Qatar double-header leaving him with just two ninth-place results, while a crash in Portugal only added to his woes.

However, Miller has shot back into championship contention after taking a first victory in five years at the Spanish Grand Prix before backing it up with a win in the flag-to-flag French GP.

Ahead of Ducati's home round at Mugello, it has announced it has taken up the option on Miller's contract for 2022.

"We are delighted to be able to announce that we will continue with Miller also in 2022," Ducati general manager Gigi Dall'Igna said.

"In this first season, Jack has shown great talent, professionalism, and strong determination.

"He was able to secure two important victories in different conditions after a tough start to the season.

"For sure, he is one of the riders that better knows how to understand our Desmosedici GP to fully take advantage of its potential in any condition, as the recent success in Le Mans has demonstrated.

"As always, our goal remains the championship title, and we believe that with Jack and Pecco, we will be among the main protagonists of the 2022 title charge."

As well as Miller and Bagnaia, Ducati also currently has Pramac rookie Jorge Martin firmed up for 2022.

Martin is currently out with injury following a nasty crash during the Portuguese GP weekend but is expected to return for the Catalan GP next week.

​​​​​​​His Pramac teammate Johann Zarco only has a one-year deal at present, but his place for 2022 with Pramac and Ducati is set to be firmed up soon.

Ducati is also expected to announce the continuing of its relationship with Pramac from 2022 in the coming days.

The Italian marque's other satellite squad Avintia – currently fielding Luca Marini and Enea Bastianini – is set to quite MotoGP at the end of the season, with Ducati linked to a deal with Valentino Rossi's incoming VR46 squad for 2022.

Ahead of this weekend's Mugello round, Bagnaia, Zarco and Miller currently sit second, third and fourth in the championship and within 16 points of leader Fabio Quartararo.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Bags, Rins and Franco had some great pace in FP2! The way Franco is putting in hot laps on the slowest Yamaha makes me think Mugello just might be a hell of a race.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
First four rows on the grid tomorrow :

1. Yamaha
2. Ducati
3. Ducati

4. Aprilia Eek
5. Ducati
6. KTM

7. KTM
8. Suzuki
9. Suzuki

10. Yamaha
11. Honda
12. Honda

This could be one hell of a race!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
If you haven't watched Q2 for Moto 3, I'd skip the end. I am hopeful that Jason Dupasquier is okay after that. Not much in the way of an update.

Gonna be a good show tomorrow I am sure. Supposed to be dry so none of that goofiness like Le Mans. I think Bagnaia will blast out of the gate hard with his holeshot device and stay out front with Fabulous hot on his ass. Not discounting Jack either. He's on a hot streak. Hat trick???

Marc is back to being the douche canoe he's always been. Sure didn't miss his nonsense while he was gone. I'm sure given a chance, Mav will throw an elbow out.

Felt bad for Aleix. He was sitting pretty until those Ducati's wound themselves up. Still gonna have a shot tomorrow and I hope he can pull off a podium. He's my dark horse in the race.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Terrible crash. Jason Dupasquier Passed away.

You see them crash so many times and jump back up that you start to forget how fast they are going and just how dangerous the sport can be.

I was hoping this season MotoGP and its lower racing levels wouldn’t lose any riders. Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Terrible news.
What happened? Reports only say multi rider crash.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The camera angle makes it difficult to tell but it looks like he got punted off his bike then hit by the rider behind him.

Today’s Italian GP saw a crash on the warm up lap!!! Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Red Face
DVR isn't picking it up until 7pm

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It was a GREAT race!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Great race and almost a catastrophe on the warm up.

Woke up to the news of Dupasquier. I watched it happen during the final lap of qualifying. Very sad. In the back of my mind, I already knew.

So, does Rins keep his ride?

Fairly certain Rossi is done at the end of the season, if not before. He’s just not as sharp as he needs to be.

Lastly: ha ha Marc.