Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2021 Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Zeros and Ones via electronics and aerodynamics. You change aero you also have to have your laptop jockeys recode the fucker. That’s exactly what they did.

Bags got robbed today, and I mean robbed blind. No way for him to see a yellow LED sign on the right when he’s flicked over left, looking left. Bags set the fastest ever lap around Portimao, busted Miguel’s lap record from last year, and qualified P1. But they robbed him and he had 4/10ths on second place. Gutted for him. Vinales also got fucked over by the new sensors, stating he touched the green. This tricky tacky shit is bullshit. I knew the yellow flag rule would come back to haunt people and it did today.

Marc is still an absolute prick. His whole strategy today was to be a bitch and clack on to a Suzuki for a tow. He did it to Mir to get through Q1 then tried to do the same on Rins and Q2 but Rins was smart, didn’t go for it, and just idled. Rins and Marquez were going so slow from pit lane exit they could have been on foot pushing the bikes around the track. Marc finally got frustrated with 6 minutes left in the session and left. I fucking hate Marc Marquez. He’s pulled so much shit going all the way through his career, especially from Moto2 on. Banging into people, barging his way through, 2015 coworking with Lorenzo to fuck Valentino out of this 10th. Can’t stand the mother fucker. Hopefully with a season off, Fabio, Mir, and a few others are no longer intimidated by the guy and they send it.

Fabio has the pace tomorrow, nobody can touch him. It’s his race to lose. FP4 he busted everyone’s ass and then some. Zarco, Bags, Franco, and the Suzukis also have some pace, as well as Vinales. But on race pace, it’s a race for 2nd tomorrow. Miguel crashed and I was expecting the home town boy to do something but in the end Fabio’s pace is just crushing.

Valentino. This breaks my heart to watch. When I think about Valentino leaving GP’s, I almost cry because my man Simoncelli no longer walks the Earth. Marco was the only rider in 20+ years I latched onto to follow once Vale retires. Maybe Bags can do something tomorrow. This kid could be the next Italian great, along with Franco if he gets a better bike, and I hope I get to hear the Italian national anthem this season. I loathe the Spanish riders with gusto. And don’t get me started on the French. Italy, USA, and Australia!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Rins dammit! This is looking like 2020 all over again. I love his aggression and trying to push his machine past the limit to catch Fabio BUT he has to be smarter. He has to realize crashing out while in 2nd and with a huge gap between him and the 3rd place rider is not going to get him a championship. He threw away a podium because he wanted to fight with Fabio whose pace was just unbeatable today.

Mir once again comes off looking like the Suzuki rider who is more disciplined and better able to manage the Suzuki’s advantage in corner speed without pushing it too far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That battle for 2nd, 3rd and 4th on the final lap of the Moto2 race was just great! I would like to have seen Joe come out on top of the battle instead of where he placed but it was exciting to watch.

I wish I had gotten into this sport years ago. I missed an amazing era but I can’t help feeling like I am watching the young talent begin to write a new chapter in the greatest show on earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Marc is still an absolute prick. His whole strategy today was to be a bitch and clack on to a Suzuki for a tow. He did it to Mir to get through Q1 then tried to do the same on Rins and Q2 but Rins was smart, didn’t go for it, and just idled. Rins and Marquez were going so slow from pit lane exit they could have been on foot pushing the bikes around the track. Marc finally got frustrated with 6 minutes left in the session and left. I fucking hate Marc Marquez. He’s pulled so much shit going all the way through his career, especially from Moto2 on. Banging into people, barging his way through, 2015 coworking with Lorenzo to fuck Valentino out of this 10th. Can’t stand the mother fucker. Hopefully with a season off, Fabio, Mir, and a few others are no longer intimidated by the guy and they send it.

So much hate for a 7th place finish. I hate to see the comments when Marquez makes the Podium. Smile
LOL... I fully expect a contract to be put out on him if he wins the Championship. Big Grin

Reminds me of Pete Rose of the Cincinnati Reds back in the day. I hated that guy. He was always doing something to fuck up my teams chances of winning.
I would see that Cocky MF'er running on and off the field even when they were loosing 9 - 0 at the top of the 9th.
It wasn't until I was older that I learned to appreciate the guy. He fucking never quit. If I had to start a ball club from the ground up, his Ass would be my first pick.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Marquez is clearly not 100% healthy. Those crashes add up and take a toll on your body. He cannot be too upset with that finish considering how long it’s been since he has raced a MotoGP bike. I actually got a hell of a kick out of watching Marquez attempt to follow Rins in qualifying. I was laughing when that transpired...Suzuki has come a long damn way since 2015 when they rejoined the fight at the top level.

Hats off to Taka. It was looking like that horrific crash ruined any chance he had of a salvaging a good finish and yet he still managed a 10th place finish. He finished ahead of Maverick! I wasn’t expecting that considering the pain he had to fight through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

So much hate for a 7th place finish. I hate to see the comments when Marquez makes the Podium. Smile
LOL... I fully expect a contract to be put out on him if he wins the Championship. Big Grin

Reminds me of Pete Rose of the Cincinnati Reds back in the day. I hated that guy. He was always doing something to fuck up my teams chances of winning.
I would see that Cocky MF'er running on and off the field even when they were loosing 9 - 0 at the top of the 9th.
It wasn't until I was older that I learned to appreciate the guy. He fucking never quit. If I had to start a ball club from the ground up, his Ass would be my first pick.

The guy is an ass hole. I’ve been watching him since day 1. Go look up his crash in Moto2. Checkered flag is out and he rams it right into the back of another rider at full speed. His shenanigans in 2015 at PI. Him barging into people at Argentina. His bullshit games in qualifying this weekend with Rins and Mir. He’s dirty, always has been. If he wins anything, he wins. I just don’t like the guy at all. I’ve met him, I’ve been in the Repsol garage when he thought nobody was in there but him and Pedrosa. I heard what he was saying. He’s an ass hole. Had it not been for all the crashes Marc would have been 10-12th. I liked it in the race when multiple riders, especially Mir, weren’t having any of his bullshit. Mir touched him and went past. I think 9 months off the other riders just aren’t intimidated anymore and not going for Marc’s on track mind games. Mir and Rins both had choice words for Marquez’s typical, historical, bullshit this weekend.

Fabio as I predicated ran away with it. Mir rode an incredible race, over-riding that Suzuki to get the final podium spot. Just a true master class ride as the Factory Yamahas and the Ducati’s of Bags and Zarco had the pace. And so happy for Bags. Had they not robbed him in qualifying he could have fought for the win.

This is one of the great tracks with all the turns and elevation changes. It’s a brutal track for the tires and the riders. Kind of makes up for the hacking up at Assen they did, the removal of Donington Park, etc.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Definitely a brutal track that produced some nasty crashes as well as some spectacular racing this weekend. That final lap of Moto2 was a blast!

Marquez was pretty emotional in that interview. I wasn’t expecting that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

The guy is an ass hole. I’ve been watching him since day 1. Go look up his crash in Moto2. Checkered flag is out and he rams it right into the back of another rider at full speed. His shenanigans in 2015 at PI. Him barging into people at Argentina. His bullshit games in qualifying this weekend with Rins and Mir. He’s dirty, always has been. If he wins anything, he wins. I just don’t like the guy at all. I’ve met him, I’ve been in the Repsol garage when he thought nobody was in there but him and Pedrosa. I heard what he was saying. He’s an ass hole. Had it not been for all the crashes Marc would have been 10-12th. I liked it in the race when multiple riders, especially Mir, weren’t having any of his bullshit. Mir touched him and went past. I think 9 months off the other riders just aren’t intimidated anymore and not going for Marc’s on track mind games. Mir and Rins both had choice words for Marquez’s typical, historical, bullshit this weekend.

I definitely can't comment on his personality. For most of us, we only see what they want us to see. He may be the biggest jerk around.

I was not watching MotoGP racing back when he was in Moto2. Too much going on back then.
Do you think he intentionally rammed into the back of another rider at full speed? As someone who's spent a lot of time on 1000cc sport bikes, ramming into other riders usually doesn't go well for either rider and will quickly end careers.

One thing I can say about motorcycle racing in general since I raced motocross a time or two back in the day. All the best riders are aggressive. To a point where they would take you down if you don't back off when both of you were headed for the same space. That is just racing. In the time I've watched Marquez since he's been in MotoGP, I have not seen too much that I would call dirty. Aggressive Yes.
Mind games are also part of it. Every sport, from Basketball to Racing. To be a winner, you have to be able to handle all of it.

One thing we can all agree on. I'm glad they are back to racing. Let the best rider win, regardless of who it is. Smile

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Definitely a brutal track that produced some nasty crashes as well as some spectacular racing this weekend. That final lap of Moto2 was a blast!

Marquez was pretty emotional in that interview. I wasn’t expecting that.

Looks like the guy is human after all.
That crash may have had more of an impact than any of us know.
It's going to get interesting.

-- George Orwell

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I don’t think he hit Mir on purpose. It was more likely MM would lose the front and crash himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
So many times over the years, i've seen these guys take chances that are mind blowing. I have to give all of these guys a ton of respect.

-- George Orwell

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I've been saying it since MM93 was put out last year. He won't be the same again. It's easy to bounce back when you're young....we're made of rubber...but the older you get, the less flexible we get and shit begins to break.

He finally found out that he's human and it hurts!

The race was fun to watch. I hope they keep this track when shit gets back to normal. It's fun to watch.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Jupiter... I’ll try to be short. I’ve watched this sport for almost 25 years straight now. yeah the guys are all super competitive. Many guys will trade paint in a duel for a win, especially the last corner. That’s as old as the sport itself, since 1949. Marc does the shit in practice. He has this mentality like everyone should just get out of his way. You can look up that crash in Moto2, hell a string of incidents in Moto2, that he did. You can also look up his MotoGP race in Argentina in the rain, smashing multiple riders along the way. I mean way over the line. Should have been black flagged for the very first one but he has a Spanish passport. He routinely fucks with guys in practice, trying to intimidate, game. I mean if you only see the races and none of the practices you are missing a lot. I knew yesterday Fabio would check out at some point from watching practice. MotoGP practices, I’ve seen 99% of them since GP.com had a subscription, and that was around 2005. I’ve never seen another rider pull this bullshit in practice, race yes, on occasion, but never consistently in practice like this prick. And I still believe Vale that Lorenzo and Marquez both worked together to screw Rossi out of his 10th in 2015. Proof was not just the Sepang mess where Marquez was just being an ass hole all race, it was PI the race before. You can read Mir’s and Rins’ statements or interviews about Marc right now on multiple sites.

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
A few things here.

I have "Zero" tolerance for any riders that work together to Sabotage another. I have heard enough of that kind of B.S. in NASCAR. I would hope that is not the case with Marc. Since we don't know that as fact, I will leave it there.

I don't really have a problem with someone riding in practice the way they would in a race or playing the mental game. If a rider is being intimidated, they will never win. I'm sure MM knows who is and who will give it back to him if he goes too far.

If a rider is crossing the line and not being called on it, that is a huge issue. If you're saying MM is crossing the line more than other riders, I'll have to check into that. I just have not personally seen that as the significant talking point of his Career. The governing body of MotoGP is responsible for nipping that kind of stuff in the bud. I would be sorely disappointed in MotoGP if they are letting this kind of B.S. happen. After all, we are talking about some of the fastest motorcycles in the world... high speeds and asphalt.

Anyone who's watched Lebron James on the Basketball court knows the kind of stuff he gets away with. I blame the NBA officials that allow it.

-- George Orwell

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The 2018 Argentine GP is one good example of him (Marquez) riding outside of what I would consider to be acceptable behavior. It made for some amazing meme material when he hit Rossi....people were PISSED.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It was just brutal for the Yamaha & Rossi fans. But hey I try to be positive when I can... Crutchlow & Rins got a podium in that race so there’s that. It’s a crazy race and definitely one worth going back and watching if you don’t remember it or if you missed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was just brutal for the Yamaha & Rossi fans. But hey I try to be positive when I can... Crutchlow & Rins got a podium in that race so there’s that. It’s a crazy race and definitely one worth going back and watching if you don’t remember it or if you missed it.

Rossi wasn't the only rider he ran into in that race. He was out of his mind.

And Jupiter, your analogy is accurate. Marc is akin to LeQuit. I mentioned the Spanish passport earlier. If had a different passport it would have been a multi-race ban.

Marques vs Wila. Checkered flag was out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm13IbseA74

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:

I remember that now. I guess it didn't stand out as much since I was a Repsol Honda fan. Smile

-- George Orwell

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
In the Argentine GP Marc got a ride thru penalty and had to drop a place but dropped two out of confusion and still finished 5th by beating Maverick on the final lap. His pace was just mental as was his behavior. He was out of line for sure, the hit on Espargaró, the even worse contact on Rossi. Hell, he ignored it when he was told at the beginning of the race to start from the back after he stalled it on the grid. Even the announcers were shocked that he ignored the order to start from the back.

I believe it was Simon who called it very early on in the race when he said Marquez having blistering pace and being mad that he stalled it on the grid would likely take many risks and probably crash trying to make up ground. He was light years ahead of everyone else on pace there was no need for him to force it and make so many mistakes or ride so dangerously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~