Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2021 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
At first glance it does look like a kickstand. Big Grin

It’s looking like Rins will be back for zee German Grand Prix! I hope they put him in his leathers and activate the airbags next time he goes for a bicycle ride. Big Grin

Or just take his phone away so he’s not texting and riding. That way he won’t miss the giant dorna truck parked on the side of the track Wink

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Looking good for the Ducati fans next year. Gresini Racing signed a two year contract with Ducati.

Now we’re just waiting for Sky Racing to announce the same. Frown

I’d like to go ahead and congratulate Ducati for winning the constructors championship next year. Well done lads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
"Paddock reports suggest that Marini will get a GP22, while the second rider will be offered a GP21." snipped from article below.

Gresini Switch To Ducati For 2022

Part of Sky/VR46 is the ALL ITALIAN aspect if it. Ducati just makes sense, especially since he's likely not going to be on the other bike. Foolish of Yamaha not to throw everything they have at retaining the Rossi connection but we'll likely never know where the disconnect is, Rossi or Yamaha.

8 bikes on the grid is gonna give LOTS of data for Ducati. If they can't figure out a setup and win with it, that's on them.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
There is a debate to be had as to wether too much data with so many riders could be a disadvantage but nah I’d say they are sitting damn pretty for 2022.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Let’s go Suzuki and KTM!!! It’s a race week!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Sure there will be a lot of telemetry data to sift through, but it will likely get them turning in a little better and even a bit better will be devastating for the rest of the grid. I think we will see an inked deal for Rossi/SkyVR46 and Ducati this weekend.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I believe you are right. The announcement will be coming very soon.

Ive been reading about the Sachsenring and its speed. It’s not going to break any top speed records but this is a track that rewards teams that have hard accelerating and hard braking bikes. Not a lot of turns so it’s going to be interesting to see what Yamaha and Suzuki do to take advantage of a bike that by design sacrifices top speed and horsepower for agility and corner speed.

Barring a bout of bad luck Ducati and KTM should fare well this weekend. Honda could surprise everyone this weekend. I’m interested to see how the Yamaha and Suzuki bikes perform.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That track layout looks just like Roebling Road, except the curves and straights are in different places. Smile

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It's looking like Marc's domination of the Sausagering may come to an end. Miguel looked stunning in FP2.

Vale is no where again. This is painful to watch. He was competitive last year and even led races before crashes. He looks like a different rider this year. Body language on the bike does not look correct and he is consistently 1 second off the pace. Strange to think one season only had such a drop off. I know the M1 is still Lorenzo style developed but I don't understand. Finishing 5th-8th, sure. But 20th? Crazy. The next few races I expect him to announce retirement. With no Marco Simoncelli this will be sad as I have no rider to follow and this has been a 23 year journey for me eating and breathing this sport.

The bikes spend most of the time leaned over at this track but I still prefer Oschersleben.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12557 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I hope he doesn’t retire. I can’t wrap my head around it. Sure I’ve given Rossi fans absolute hell with memes (and even gotten banned from MotoGP groups for the super spicy memes) but in all honestly he is one of the best things ever to happen to the sport and when he hangs up his leathers it’s going to suck.

It’s truly remarkable he is able to go out there at 42 (I believe) years of age and still be close. This sport is beyond brutal. The times and competition is insanely close. Even the slightest mistake can have HUGE consequences. Rossi has had one hell of a run. I hope it isn’t over and I mean this 100%. Whatever the hell is different this year I hope he and Petronas Yamaha can figure it out. Fabio is no replacement for the Doctor and he will never be in my eyes.

To witness thousands of fans cheer him on, some even popping neon smoke to show solidarity. That’s amazing to see. I am glad I have been able to see him race. I do wonder if things would have been any different now if Brivio had convinced him to join Suzuki. I say this because Maverick seems to regret his decision to leave Suzuki...and he has had a taste of both teams so they have to be doing something different for him to say that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I can’t be the only one trying to win that Tissot. Anyone else feel like rain might be an issue tomorrow?

What are you guys thinking?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can’t be the only one trying to win that Tissot. Anyone else feel like rain might be an issue tomorrow?

What are you guys thinking?

Weather Forecast

Looks like they’ll make it without rain and damn straight I’m trying to get that Tissot

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Holy shit!!!! I picked The EXACT POLE POSITION QUALIFYING TIME!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Holy shit!!!! I picked The EXACT POLE POSITION QUALIFYING TIME!

Awesome shit stick. I went 1:20:185 so I'll get my points but I haven't had a dead nuts on prediction yet.

After waking up this morning, I realized that it's only Saturday and not race day Confused I should've linked today's weather not Sundays...

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
And now the waiting game begins!

This is the screen you see when you get a perfect prediction.

Jack Miller had me nervous there for a minute. Big Grin

I just started two races ago so realistically getting a pole perfect was the only shot I had at a Tissot. What a rush! Wonder how long I gotta wait to see how many people picked the same time?

I’m glad I woke up early and looked at the conditions at Sachsenring. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thats a nice looking watch, nice pick.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15133 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It looks like a few people successfully picked the pole time. I see a few people who were awarded 120 points rather than 100 like me. I wonder what that is all about? An error? Did they pick the pole correctly back to back?!

I guess I still have an ok chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
***** spoilers **** don’t look at the meme if you have not seen the race yet

Wow! Way to play mind games Honda. Downplay your strength and then go out there an wallop everyone. They took a page from the Sun Tzu’s masterful work,
“Appear weak when you are strong”. Bravo HRC and Marquez!!! That was masterful. The king has returned and is still undefeated at Sachsenring! Unbelievable.

After all the jabs, all the memes and not having much to smile about for a long time HRC is back to its old form in Germany. What a run at this track!!!!!! Not gonna lie I was pulling hard for Miguel to catch him. Brad Binder whoa dude! Amazing. Suzuki ugh that was a hard fight.

I made a meme for the HRC fans. Bravo lads!! I’m happy for you guys. Not often you see HRC guys with tears in their eyes. What a race!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
With a lot of races left in the season.

Thanks for being so gracious Stick. I know he's not Mr. Popular around here.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
MotoGP just got REALLY interesting didn’t it!?!? I was explaining the significance of what Marquez did today rather passionately to my son and I had goosebumps on my arm. Even if you don’t like the team or rider you have to respect that level of absolute dominance in Germany.
The race shocked me today. I’ll never stop saying it.

This is the greatest show on earth!!!!

*** edit to add***

Other than Fabio the inline fours of Yamaha and Suzuki seemed to struggle a bit. It’s wild that Fabio can do so well while Maverick struggled mightily on essentially the same bike.

There are a lot of people who would love to start 5th on the grid. Marquez called that bad then backpedaled a bit. There is a unique drive and refusal to settle for anything but 1st place that I noticed in MM in some of the interviews this week. Lots of riders would be happy to start 5th. I’m not saying they are any less motivated but Marquez’s mentality and hyper competitive nature (for better or worse) is interesting to observe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~