SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I like the looks of it so far.

Don't know why the rear spoiler has to look like a memory foam pillow.

Supposedly the wing designs are all about airflow management & cleaning up the dirty air for the following car.
Curious to see how they implement DRS.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I like the looks of it so far.

Don't know why the rear spoiler has to look like a memory foam pillow.

Supposedly the wing designs are all about airflow management & cleaning up the dirty air for the following car.
Curious to see how they implement DRS.

The Airflow is supposed to go up and over the following car so downforce is not robbed. Supposed to increase the chance of passing. The design is simplified with a simpler floor, front wing, etc. Weight is actually up, heavier than today’s cars due to increased safety structures and bigger heavier tires. Supposed to be part of keeping budget down, go down a similar path they did for the Indy Cars. I’m torn - I understand the need to manage costs and improve the racing spectacle. But…F1 has always been about pushing the technology and being the fastest road racers on the planet. I’m willing to see/give it a shot, but this should not be IndyCar -which I enjoy but is a different class of road racing.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Well damn.

That is one way to make up some points.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
No harm, no foul.
Oh wait, uh, a mostly peaceful pass. Roll Eyes

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Well, that was disappointing

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
what a huge kick in the balls

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not the best result, but an impressive recovery drive by LH.
Impressed with DR, held off the Ferrari for something like 10 laps.
A good result for VB, and he was continuing to gap LN, and slowly reeling in CL, after he let Lewis by.

Glad Max is ok, that was a hell of a shunt.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I didn’t like that race much

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Should be interesting to see how much room they give each other going forward.
The second driver situation looked a lot different this race too. Bottas mostly filled his roll bringing home solid points and cooperating with Lewis when it counted, Perez not so much.
Red Bull really hasn't found what they have been looking for in my opinion, in spite of his one race win. He's still a half second off Max on pure pace at his best and usually more than that.
Sorry to see Leclerc loose it at the end but he should have started pushing a few laps earlier. That's a race they could have won and they need to take advantage anytime they can right now.
The reporters compared the pass on Leclerc to the one on Max and said it was different because Leclerc gave more room (he did). The truth is that Lewis was up against the apex curbing on the right too, not in the middle of the track, like earlier.

Posts: 9454 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Saw earlier this morning that Bottas had no drinks system (failed), so was suffering a bit (30*C in the car) in that sense.
The early stop also probably limited his ability to fight toward the end.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Most put Hamilton at fault for the collision, the stewards agreed by penalizing him. Something is horribly wrong when one can create a red flag situation, incur damage in the process and fix that damage while waiting for racing to resume.

Merc admits it probably saved his day --

Mercedes: British GP red flag saved Hamilton from retirement

It was another desperate, red-mist Hamilton moment but once again, all the pieces fall his way. From entering the pits - "Is Max ok?" to his guilt ridden face waiting for the red flag to end, he knew he was wrong. Cause a red flag, fix your car up and soldier on? No. Mad

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Louie just thought that Max was aggressive......wait until the next few races!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I think I'm right in saying that in IndyCar, you cause a yellow during qualifying, you lose your top two times. I read that as screw other drivers, pay a considerable price. F1 cars are so safe today, we see chances being taken that are over the top and unacceptable.

I DVR'd the mess and after they got back to racing, I toggled ahead in five minute increments. I kept seeing LeClerc on top, on top, on top, then little Lew Lew parading around with a big flag. I so wanted to ram it up his ass.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
in IndyCar, you cause a yellow during qualifying, you lose your top two times. I read that as screw other drivers, pay a considerable price.

In F1, in Qualifying, if you impede another driver, you'll usually lose 3 grid spots...a bit more serious than IndyCar

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Should be interesting to see how much room they give each other going forward.

I believe they both thought the other would back off...and neither did. They've never previously raced together that tightly and both are used to other drivers backing off.

quote:
Sorry to see Leclerc loose it at the end but he should have started pushing a few laps earlier.

The Ferrari didn't handle as well on the Hard tires as they did on the Mediums...plus Leclerc had the engine cutting out problem

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:

In F1, in Qualifying, if you impede another driver, you'll usually lose 3 grid spots...a bit more serious than IndyCar

Maybe. And yet a race infraction in F!, particularly one as significant as the Lew/Max get together turned out to be, ten seconds?! Well, it took about an hour to come to that decision so it has to be right, huh?

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I'm right in saying that in IndyCar, you cause a yellow during qualifying, you lose your top two times. I read that as screw other drivers, pay a considerable price. F1 cars are so safe today, we see chances being taken that are over the top and unacceptable.

I DVR'd the mess and after they got back to racing, I toggled ahead in five minute increments. I kept seeing LeClerc on top, on top, on top, then little Lew Lew parading around with a big flag. I so wanted to ram it up his ass.

Is it Mercedes you hate or Hamilton, or both?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Is it Mercedes you hate or Hamilton, or both?

Are you ever not this way jhe888?

Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Maybe. And yet a race infraction in F!, particularly one as significant as the Lew/Max get together turned out to be, ten seconds?

By Rule, agreed to by all the teams at previous meetings, the Race Stewards are not the consider the results of a violation when accessing penalties.

There were two things they could have issued,a 5sec or a 10sec penalty...they issued the more severe of the two

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe. And yet a race infraction in F!, particularly one as significant as the Lew/Max get together turned out to be, ten seconds?

By Rule, agreed to by all the teams at previous meetings, the Race Stewards are not the consider the results of a violation when accessing penalties.

There were two things they could have issued,a 5sec or a 10sec penalty...they issued the more severe of the two

Based on what the race commentators said, there were other possible penalties, including a 10 second stop-and-go. What he got was the second least severe penalty.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post