SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

After running the engine last weekend in practice they discovered some things that seemed suspect and had replaced the engine with their last "free" change before the race.

Hadn't heard that but so, yeah, Lew Lew gets a two-fer out of his Silverstone transgression. Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Schumacher documentary drops on Netflix next month.
German trailer came out today.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
And we’re getting ready for the best track in the world, Spa…

Also no word on the 2nd Mercedes seat, and Alonso got a contract extension at Alpine.

Posts: 4165 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Spa is definitely one of my favorites. Tough to pick a #1.
Best I could do would be a top 5, in no particular order.

Spa
Suzuka
Silverstone
Monaco
COTA (for its close proximity to Houston & I enjoy the track)

Monza is probably a tie for COTA in the top 5, for me.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Schumacher documentary drops on Netflix next month.
German trailer came out today.

Not seeing a Netflix official trailer in English, German below:

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Spa is worth watching just for the scenery, the site of the Battle of the Bulge and a beautiful place.

Then there's Eau Rouge-the sounds of the V-10's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf60PzHrntk

Eau Rouge in car, through the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myy4K9B9zT0&t=5s

Some still photos.
https://drivetribe.com/p/21-br...xonXH2Szq7WvUcBvBlGQ

Posts: 9507 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
English Schumacher Trailer:

Posts: 4165 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dan!

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Going to be a messy race.

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that was a tremendous waste of time. The start times are rough enough on the left coast. I don't like the giving of points and victories for not actually racing.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
That was a massive shit show. I’m pissed and I didn’t even spend money to go to Belgium. I have to agree with Lewis and hope people get a refund since the FIA Cowards aren’t going to reschedule the race.

Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
As I was fast forwarding through the 2 1/2 hour ESPN recording on my system there was a special clip of Mick Schumacher talking to several individuals (Michael's race engineer among others) standing around the Eddie Jordan F1 car Michael got his start in. Then Mick drove it out of the pits and onto the race track. Not sure if that'll be part of the Netflis special or not. Hard to compare from a wobbly in camera shot but it sure looked like it accelerated with more oomph than todays cars.

I also thought it was interesting the Michael had basically lied to Jordan as to the extent of his former prior experience in an F1 car.

Posts: 274 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radinski:
As I was fast forwarding through the 2 1/2 hour ESPN recording on my system there was a special clip of Mick Schumacher talking to several individuals (Michael's race engineer among others) standing around the Eddie Jordan F1 car Michael got his start in. Then Mick drove it out of the pits and onto the race track. Not sure if that'll be part of the Netflis special or not. Hard to compare from a wobbly in camera shot but it sure looked like it accelerated with more oomph than todays cars.

I also thought it was interesting the Michael had basically lied to Jordan as to the extent of his former prior experience in an F1 car.

My DVR (YouTubeTV) glitches & was running a 45 second audio loop during that spot.
I'm sure F1 or Sky will have it on YouTube later this week.

Bummer we didn't get any racing today. Spa is easily a top 5 track for me.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Michael also helped Eddie Jordan pay the bills to get on the track, so it’s not like there wasn’t BSing from both sides.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
That was a massive shit show. I’m pissed and I didn’t even spend money to go to Belgium. I have to agree with Lewis and hope people get a refund since the FIA Cowards aren’t going to reschedule the race.

Agree, and I feel equally aggrieved about the $600 I paid for tickets to the 2020 Canada GP that have still yet to be refunded despite being cancelled twice.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Is F1 not able to postpone a race for a day like other race series?

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I think the issue was with getting the cars & equipment to Zandvoort with sufficient time.
Had there been a 'bye' week, that may have been more likely to run the race on Monday.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, that was a complete Charlie Foxtrot. Awarding ANY points without an actual run of even an inch of the race itself...how stupid of a farce is that?

quote:
I think the issue was with getting the cars & equipment to Zandvoort with sufficient time.
Had there been a 'bye' week, that may have been more likely to run the race on Monday.

Another sign that F1 is too complicated and complex for its own good. It's a frickin' 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive between Spa and Zandvoort. If modern F1 teams are that tight on their race week schedule that they simply can't adjust for a lost day, then that tells me that Formula 1 needs to learn the concept of having contingency plans, and recognize that for as high stupid-ass expensive the cars and tech are in their sport, the designers are powerless to engineer the weather.

Hell, having the teams lose a day during the lead-up week could make the subsequent race even more interesting. It's supposed to be about the show, right? Make 'em suffer, throw in the monkey wrench and see how they cope.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I think the greater issue is Spa not being able to support an additional day of racing with less than 24 hours notice. I think that a lot of the Marshalls are just regular people trained and there for the weekend, but go back to work on Monday. Probably similar for other suppliers and support staff. They may have other commitments and may simply not be able to work an additional day. Also, a lot of the fans likely wouldn’t be able to come. Finally, they were saying that rain was forecast for Monday too.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Never did I think I'd say NASCAR handles something better than F1, but here you are. The lack of planning for sufficient staff/marshalls to run the race on Monday is silly, and something they could easily change in their agreements with those folks, everyone needed to make it happen.

This was indeed a shitshow rivaling the Tiregate episode at Indy. I still have the Michelin spoofed t-shirt someone was selling the next year mocking it. I need to find that....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12416 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post