SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by P250UA5:

Putting Mick with Bottas checks off some boxes. Ferrari driver, smokes out Schumacher's abilities real quick against a known quantity, and brings an additional pay driver to Haas to help with the finances.

I like this idea. Bottas can mentor Mick, and get him out and away from Mazapin.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
And as long as Haas finds another German driver, they can keep the money they get from 1&1.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Not surprised to see Kubica getting another chance.
I think Kimi has mentally checked out at this point, nursing the Covid excuse for all he can until the season's over.
I'm sure he would like to get one more surprise top finish but even in the fluke type situations, that's looking less likely.
Alfa is too far off and there are too many mid-field cars before them, likely to pick up any scraps.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
I get why Bottas would leave for a multi-year contract, extra cash and security. I get why drivers want to be #1 on their team as these are some of the most competitive guys on the planet.

But Bottas has how many podiums this year? Going to Alfa Romeo, he will be lucky to score points on any given weekend. And a podium? Only if all the stars align perfectly.

We saw this with Riccardo. He was not happy at Red Bull, he left, and what has he done since?

I wonder how much these guys are are able to look in the mirror and admit to them themselves; OK, I am leaving Mercedes / Red Bull, I know I will no longer be competitive, I will not win a championship, but that's OK cause I'll make an extra $10M. Or do they truly believe they are so skilled as a driver that they can jump to a different (lower tier) team and overcome their former team?

Yeah, but who wants to be second banana at a big team, and being asked/told to sacrifice for the number 1 driver? As you said, these guys are hyper competitive and don't want to be relegated to second place.

And, with the rule changes, drivers may think they will be more competitive at the smaller teams next year.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Glad to see Bottas bounce back today. Sucks he'll have to start from the back on Sunday after that quali performance today (ICE replacement penalties to add another to the group).

Giovinazzi put in a good run too, as did the McLarens. RBR struggling for pace, even with the paper thin wings.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Not many truly good races at Monza, less so this date with the crowd limited by 50%. On the upside, it's usually a very fast race from start to finish.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It’s a good start with Hamilton starting 4th behind Verstappen and both McLarens. Hopefully, they can both keep Hamilton behind them and deny him a podium.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Glad Ric is on the dirty side of the track and a couple steps back, he's feeling his oats and could be overly enthusiastic going into the first chicane off the start. I have no reason to trust where his head is at this season. Max, Lando and Hammy, consider yourself warned.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
If Ricciardo starts on red's again, he could get the jump he needs.
I'm not worried about him doing something stupid. He's made a lot of bold moves and I can't remember him taking someone out due to the red mist.
They will be carrying a lot more fuel tomorrow so unless its's cooler, making the tires last will be the challenge.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Well I never saw that coming!

How do you double park a Formula 1 car again?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It seems you need a large curb...

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Max must have had a great out lap after that pit stop to end up right with Lewis.
I know Lewis had a slow one too but Max was there about 7 extra seconds, Lewis about 2 extra.
Great to see the McLaren's win again and Ricciardo too.
Norris was a great teammate too but Danny did seem to have an edge all weekend. Surprised to see them pull off the fastest lap on the last lap, both one and two there also.
Both Lewis and Max didn't go all in on the blame so I guess it's just a racing incident.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I think what saved Max from a penalty was the same thing that caused the accident: the absurdly large curb. I would think you could dump a transponder down there and enforce track limits the electronic way.

Either way, that was a dangerous freak accident that could have gone badly.

(In French because FOM sucks)

I’d also like to invite you over to NBC at 3PM EST for IndyCar at Portland. We have a tight championship fight and an underrated track.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Max got a 3 place grid penalty.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Max got a 3 place grid penalty.

Max had a hard out lap's heat in his tires, Hammy not so much. Lew Lew couldn't keep to his side into the chicane as a result. At worst a racing incident, surely Max was far enough along side not to be penalized. But of course not the case, huh?

Kind of artificially exciting as Ric basically had the field backed up. I liked Lando before, much more so today after he diplomatically led the team to tell him to hold position. He let Ric get some gap and finish with no pressure.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
The absolute very best part of this is Ricciardo now gets to drive Dale Earnhardt‘s car from the Zak Brown collection!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
If the FIA really wanted to be fair and not look at the consequences like they said, Max should receive a 10 second time penalty. Just like Lew Lew...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
If the FIA really wanted to be fair and not look at the consequences like they said, Max should receive a 10 second time penalty. Just like Lew Lew...

You can’t carry over a time penalty to the next race. They only give time penalties to cars that are running during the race, or that completed the race.

Here are the sporting regulations.

https://www.fia.com/sites/defa...s_11-_2021-07-12.pdf

Section 47.3 says that if a competitor cannot serve the penalty during the race due to retirement, the steward can impose a grid penalty at the next race.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dwill104,

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not hear but why no medical car and even red flag when you have a car on top?

Max should get 3 points on his license for not seeing if Hamilton was ok. That was beyond rivalry

Next race Max will now take a new power unit. So penalty not too much impact.

Love Lando. Do you think it is most beneficial to the team that Danny wins.

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post