SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
How is the team Davide Brivio joined doing? Suzuki is missing him mightily, his departure screwed team Suzuki Ecstar. Davide is an interesting person, his interviews on technical specs and differences between the MotoGP machines are fascinating. I hope he does the same thing as he becomes more familiar with Formula 1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
How is the team Davide Brivio joined doing? Suzuki is missing him mightily, his departure screwed team Suzuki Ecstar. Davide is an interesting person, his interviews on technical specs and differences between the MotoGP machines are fascinating. I hope he does the same thing as he becomes more familiar with Formula 1.

Alpine is a middle midfield team, IMO.
They have Alonso, a 2 time champion & Ocon, an, IMO, solid midfield driver.

Results so far:
Bahrain: 13/Ret
Imola: 9/10
Portimao: 7/8
Spain: 9/17
Monaco: 9/13
Baku: 6/Ret

Currently 7th in the constructor's, out of 10.
Drivers are 11/12 out of 20.

Points in F1 are for the top 10

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15254 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Any word from Pirelli on the tires? Also heard that Pirelli also recommended a pressure change.

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Any word from Pirelli on the tires? Also heard that Pirelli also recommended a pressure change.

Last I saw, they were claiming debris induced. Said LH had some cuts on his tire too.
I'm skeptical. Bottas a couple years ago, you could see the debris on the track.

Posts: 15254 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They mandate minimum pressures and had bumped it up a pound the second day from 19 to 20. Still looks low compared to the pressures required last time they were concerned about load induced tire failure.
Right now they are trying to say it was punctures.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
They mandate minimum pressures and had bumped it up a pound the second day from 19 to 20. Still looks low compared to the pressures required last time they were concerned about load induced tire failure.
Right now they are trying to say it was punctures.

They also momentarily increased rear pressures during the red flag, then reversed & left it as is.
Watched a brief Schumacher onboard that had a lot of the communication with his engineer & it was mentioned during the red flag wait.
Also, not shown on the TV broadcast, that I saw, but Mazepin made a really, really, late defensive move on Schumacher on the main straight on the last lap. Just a bit more & it could've been another bad crash.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not a bad French GP.

Feel bad for Bottas, screwed by strategy & he sounded pissed.

Max made it work & drove pretty flawlessly.

If I saw it correctly, I believe McLaren took 3rd in the WCC from Ferrari. Leclerc seemed to struggle a lot today.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
**French GP spoiler **

Smile
Eek
Mad
-
-
-
Big Grin
Big Grin Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ripley,

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8326 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
What’s an apoiler?

Anyone but Chinstrap is good with me.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
What’s an apoiler?

Anyone but Chinstrap is good with me.

oops, fixed.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8326 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Mercedes couldn't make the two stop work for Hamilton once Red Bull pitted first but Bottas had a huge gap behind and nothing to loose so that really didn't make much sense.
The race was pretty good but that track shouldn't be allowed on the calendar. The place looks like a large parking lot with the track painted on. The Austrian track is such a contrast as one of the more scenic on the schedule and a classic road racing track.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's a tough call for which is worse: Paul Ricard or Sochi.

posted Hide Post
All in all, I enjoyed the French GP. The Ferraris were so slow. Alonso is beginning to show his skill, as is Checko. Max drove an excellent race and never quit hustling that car.....I think he was tired when it was over. All of the cars finished the race, and the Williams driver did himself proud!!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
moderately boring race except for the start and the excitement at lap 51-1/2

nice to see Chinstrap lose

wish Ferrari did better but they're hobbled for the entire season

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
On to Austria. Seems like Ferrari has issues with mid to high speed tire management that accelerates wear - and Binnotto says they won’t fix until next year. Hate to hear that - enjoying the McLaren and Ferrari back and forth and would like to see that throughout the season. Props to McLaren - they keep finding a way. Norris continues to impress but makes a few too many mistakes here and there, and Riciardo looks to be coming alive.

I’m not a hater of Hamilton, but I’m glad they now need to earn their paychecks - and RedBull team is pushing them.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Saw this posted on another site.
If true, that's a huge change.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Depending on how much downforce it takes off, it should lead to better racing. There might be a pass at Monaco.

Posts: 4153 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I guess we'll see how much they're able to exploit the new ground effect allowance.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Even so, cars should be able to follow closer since ground effects produce less turbulence than wings, winglets, and winglets on wings. It’s worked gangbusters for IndyCar.

Posts: 4153 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Definitely looking forward to seeing how each team interprets the new ruleset. Car debuts & winter testing for '22 should be exciting.