SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
In the Niki Lauda and Michael Schumacher era replacing much of the Italian management with competent outsiders was the key. They then built the team around excellence, not birthplace.

Alpine is another team that are going through the same issues. They were a failure (as Renault) with the fastest car and a great driver (Prost) being run by French management. The only time they've won the championship is when they hired Flavio and Alonso and surrounded them with the best, regardless of national origin.

Posts: 9850 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Certainly the best race we've had in a long time even with Max winning again. I really do like Zandvoort as well. It gets boring with F1 either running crampt street circuits or tracks like Silverstone where you have 12 miles of runoff.

Posts: 4457 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
This looks fantastic, IMO. Hope they can keep this for more than just Monza.

Alfa Livery for Monza

quote:

Alf Romeo are set to run a special one-off livery for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix from the Autodromo Nazionale Monza. Gone is their usual red and black configuration, with the dazzling tricolore of the Italian flag in its place.

While they usually run the Italian flag colours on their rear wing, that design is now much more prominent across the main sidepod and engine cover, with the traditional red only glimpsed on the top of the car’s nose. This is in tribute to Alfa Romeo’s latest road car, the 33 Stradale, with gold accents to match.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A beautiful livery, one that I’d like to see on track for the rest of the season. Too bad it’s on such a lousy car.

Posts: 3421 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
A beautiful livery, one that I’d like to see on track for the rest of the season. Too bad it’s on such a lousy car.

The AR definitely dropped quite a bit compared to last year, especially in the high speed handling dept.
They looked strong in practice at Zandvoort, but that had disappeared in quali & the race.

Not expecting a strong showing at Monza, probably the least suited track for them.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
So Spectrum and ESPN (Disney?) are playing chicken and no F1 here until someone blinks.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8585 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
So Spectrum and ESPN (Disney?) are playing chicken and no F1 here until someone blinks.

2nd time I've heard this.
Glad I have YTTV
Hoping all the trackside Paramount promo doesn't mean ESPN could lose their broadcast.

That could push me to drop YTTV & pick up F1TV (and save a bit of $/yr)

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4457 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I’ve been watching F1TV this year and it’s good and reasonable.
Different broadcast team to get used to but they have everything I want plus.

Posts: 9850 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Nice qualy for Ferrari. I doubt they'll lead after Lap 1, but it's still nice not to see Max on pole.

And how much of a massive pussy is Toto Wolf? Every other team principal can talk to the announcers, but that cocksucker needs a "Director of Communications" to do it for him? There's another reason why I can't stand the Mercedes team.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I signed up for a one month subscription to F1 TV, we'll see how that goes.

Spectrum claims to be partnering with FUBU streaming with all lost Disney properties available. Not a trial deal but a discount. I guess this will be the final straw that gets me dumping cable for streaming. It looks like there are more than enough streaming services available, some homework upcoming.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8585 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Thankfully I was at work otherwise I'd be asleep during this race. Max is now 10 in a row and Red Bull is 16 in a row.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I signed up for a one month subscription to F1 TV, we'll see how that goes.

Spectrum claims to be partnering with FUBU streaming with all lost Disney properties available. Not a trial deal but a discount. I guess this will be the final straw that gets me dumping cable for streaming. It looks like there are more than enough streaming services available, some homework upcoming.

YTTV has had a few proce increases over the year, but I still like it.
No worries about dvr failure due to power outage is a plus as well, and it does a pretty good job of finding set recordings on all channels vs having to set it on each channel potential.

posted Hide Post
The outcome was perhaps inevitable, but nonetheless Monza was an entertaining race.

Posts: 2536 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not a boring race, IMO
Some good scraps & some records broken.
Glad to see Alfa in the points, even if it was at Piastri's expense. I'd say Lewis & Oscar were both lucky to come out of that one still able to continue.

They were so focused on the Perez/Ferrari scrap that we missed a couple other overtakes. Ferrari was lucky to have both cars across the line too. A few close calls there.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The Ferrari and McLaren teams were both lucky there races weren't ended by teammate crashes.
Hamilton's incident with Piastri was actually the most clumsy of the bunch but he did apologize immediately after the race.
Lots of action and overall a pretty good race.

posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the race. Ferrari FINALLY had a fairly competitive car, and both drivers made the most of it. The RB car is just superior, no two ways about it.

Posts: 6732 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Is Lance Stroll worth $18 million, because that’s what he’s cost Aston Martin so far this season in the Constructors’ Championship (*salary and crash damage not included)

While pretty harsh, that's a big number. Of course if any team was decent behind RBR you'd be able to do the same math for Perez. You know, the South American Mexican whose brain works different than us Germans..... Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12741 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
At least Perez isn't costing Red Bull in the Constructors and is doing what he should by being 2nd in the Drivers, but I also don't know his salary compared to other drivers that cost less and do the same.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Alfa Extends Zhou's Contract to 2024