SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
^^^

But that one point was what it was all about, no?

Ferrari's drivers don't have a lock on feeling the pressure, the team has a pretty good history of dropping the ball. Didn't Vettel's first WDC come as a result of Ferrari pulling the rug out from under Alonso?

Pretty much. Ferrari countered Weber’s pitstop which stuck Alonso behind Vitali Petrov’s Lotus for the rest of the race while Vettel won Abu Dhabi and the championship by 1 point. In 2008, Ferrari screwed over Felipe Massa multiple times at Singapore. Not only didn’t they give him enough fuel for Q2 which stuck him midfield, they also released him from the pits with the fuel hose still on, spraying fuel all down pitlane.

I must say I love this story where Toto is apologizing to Hamilton for not giving him a car he could drive while George Russel took the same car to 4th place and 20 points higher the Lewie.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-n...essage-to-the-world/

Posts: 4165 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Just one of those things. Happens that the way the car was designed suite GR more than LH.

Reminds me of when Schumi came back to drive for MB, it was set up the opposite of what he preferred & more suited to Rosberg, IIRC.
I think Schu preferred a bit more oversteer & the MB was a more neutral/understeer prone.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Big Grin

Just one of those things. Happens that the way the car was designed suite GR more than LH.

Reminds me of when Schumi came back to drive for MB, it was set up the opposite of what he preferred & more suited to Rosberg, IIRC.
I think Schu preferred a bit more oversteer & the MB was a more neutral/understeer prone.

More likely that GR is used to, and knows how to drive, a bad car. LH doesn’t.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Big Grin

More likely that GR is used to, and knows how to drive, a bad car. LH doesn’t.

That could be, too. The Williams was good prep for the current MB.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Or George Russell is REALLY happy he's not driving a Williams. There is a news report out there where Russell says he's starting to have more head and chest pain as the races go on. Mercedes has a big upgrade planned for Miami in two weeks, but who knows if it will fix anything since no one knows how this track will behave.

Posts: 4165 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be surprised to be reading reports of pain, strained muscles & such.

They do a lot of core & neck strength workouts, but the headbanging porpoising has to be taking a toll on some drivers.
Maybe they just need to attend a few metal concerts Cool

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Or some fluffy straps. It kind of reminds me of this crash with Sebastien Bourdais:

All of his injuries in that crash were caused by him slamming into his harness at a high G load. I know without it, he would have been ejected, but there’s got to be some middle ground between being locked in and some comfort.

Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
All of his injuries in that crash were caused by him slamming into his harness at a high G load. I know without it, he would have been ejected, but there’s got to be some middle ground between being locked in and some comfort.

wow, that was a vicious impact

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Anyone headed to Miami this weekend?

Posts: 9507 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

No, what channel will it be on?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

ESPN is the norm, but sometimes gets carried on one of the major networks for US races. Can't remember if that's ABC or NBC.

Edit: Race is on ABC for me, according to my YouTubeTV guide/schedule

posted Hide Post
I will be there- Going to go all three days- wife demanded it- First F1 race in person - looking forward to it.

Posts: 341 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looks like everything will be on the usual ESPN channels until the race and that's on ABC. No early morning times, mostly mid to late afternoon starting times for the practices through race.

This event seems to be getting a lot more attention from the public than COTA.

They also announced that Drive to Survive is signed for two more seasons. No matter what you think of the show, it's brought in a lot more fans that never paid any attention to racing. Hopefully the track design makes for a good race.

Posts: 9507 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alyron:
I will be there- Going to go all three days- wife demanded it- First F1 race in person - looking forward to it.

We've done COTA twice, and it's a blast. The crowds were heavy when we went (2017/18) & it's only gotten busier.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Looks like Mercedes has made some progress and it's a long season.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Freaking Sainz…

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bottas outqualifies both Mercs Big Grin

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks like their best driver finished ahead of the other one again.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Good race, and better than Imola. Lando Norris got the shaft, Vettel shows he a better whiner than a race car driver, and Max jumped both Ferraris for the win.

It’s also great seeing George Russell overtake the Hamster on track. Red Bull is 6 points away from Ferrari in the Constructor’s Title even with the RBPT V6 blowing up multiple times. It’s also great seeing Mr. T. Ribbs doing the interviews at the end.

Two weeks until Spain and on the Monaco to finish up the month.