SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic Country Music
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Country Music Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5290 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-NuX79Ud8zI" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Every song on this Marty Robbins album is great. This is western music at its finest.

HK Ag

Posts: 3488 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I grew up in the Alabama, George Strait 80s era but I love Waylon, Cash, etc. Huge fan of Travis Tritt and Marty Stuart. Each era has some great music but lately you’ve gotta dig to find it. The hidden gem that so many seem to forget is Vern Gosdin. The Voice.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The greatest song Kenny Rogers ever did IMO. He wrote it for Jessi about Waylon.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

The legendary Ralph Mooney on pedal steel

My favorite from Barbara Mandrell. A favorite, period

Posts: 13154 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Junior Brown
Classic sound, modern video.

Posts: 1538 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
now Country is basically easy listening,

I find modern country music like a bad parody. A bunch of guys sounding like they think they're supposed to sound, or doing what corporate tells them. I've always said country singers were fake. lol The twang, the affect. Now days when I hear it it's so bad I cringe. Linguistically speaking a British accent and a southern accent are very close to being the same thing. Yet when Brits sing, really no accent. Country? Tons of accent. It's a put on. Big Grin

Give me some Hanks. Williams, Snow, Locklin, Penny, Thompson.

Jr. Hanks? No thanks.

(I only know one Hank Garland song and nothing really of Hank Cochran)

I grew up on Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash and Don Williams through my dad.

to side bar a bit, as a Virginian, with a mild southern accent, I was in England years ago,
stopped in a store while at Canterbury Cathedral to get a pair of gloves for the wife, she was cold, it was March,
clerk asked where I was from, due to my accent, and I told her USA, she said it sounded like I was from up north,
I replied, in a joking way, that would be an insult where I came from, and she did not get it,

and yes, Appalachian accents are direct descendants from Scotch Irish (and Northern England)

I was fortunate as a kid, my parents generally listened to top 40, but Dad had a liking of Jazz, so I had a well rounded musical portfolio of sorts in the background as a kid,

I prefer Jazz over any Country, any day of the week, (which is why I like Grisman and McCoury so much)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10407 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Junior Brown

JR Brown is freaking awesome

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10407 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
This is NOT a classic. Well at least not to most people. I have this sound track (Any which way you can) as a kid so it's burned into my brain and it's one of those songs I sing to myself often.

I stumbled across this video a few days ago, usually clip/montage videos can be pretty bad, but I enjoyed most of this one.

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
A little fun for the morning:

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Junior Brown

I love Jr. Brown. I'm not sure he is classic country, but he is a great player and a lot of fun to see live.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Haven’t heard “The Corvette Song” in a long time.

Posts: 13154 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Emmylou Harris is my favorite female vocalist of all. Some may argue that she’s not “pure Country,” more Americana, and I guess she’s not Tammy Wynette or Loretta Lynn, however; she’s been a member of the Grand Ol’ Opry since ‘92 and was nominated at the CMAs for “Female Vocalist of the Year” every year from 1976 - 1986 and won in 1980.

and this is my favorite of all, undoubtedly I’ve posted it elsewhere during the nearly 15 years I’ve been here.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My favorite Willie album.

The World's Most Famous Unknown Band.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16596 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
How can we not mention Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16596 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Oddball, I have the Phases and Stages album, and I absolutely agree with you that it’s his best. Earlier this summer, I listened to it in its entirety; it had been a long time.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post