SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Clarkson's Farm (Amazon Prime)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clarkson's Farm (Amazon Prime) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Interesting series, I enjoyed it.

While he didn’t earn much, he also spent a ton upfront on equipment for the year. Had he not dropped ~150k pounds his profits would have been greater.

Also in the final episode, it took me a few minutes to recognize his tribute to the movie Goodfella’s.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I can’t make out anything Gerald says. I wonder if Kaleb can.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I usually put the closed captioning on when watching British shows.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I usually put the closed captioning on when watching British shows.

We do the same. Hard to follow sometimes without the captioning.

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I can’t make out anything Gerald says. I wonder if Kaleb can.

I can’t understand anything he is saying either. I don’t feel bad though because I don’t think Jezza can understand much if anything that Gerald is saying either.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5575 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Gerald seems to be the Brit version of Louisianan Coon Ass.

Tabitha's cousin that stayed with us for a year or so as he was getting his CDL is 100% Coon Ass.

It took me months to learn what the hell he was talking about.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2 episodes in & enjoying it so far. Not surprisingly, as I was a huge TG:UK fan.

Laughed at his reasoning on the tractor: Its a Lamborghini.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15257 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched 2 episodes this morning. Great stuff. Stunning production so far and yes, IT's A LAMBORGHINI!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
It's been my go-to-sleep watch for a week or so, and I've enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Just wondering where Clarkson gets all of the money to run this farm as he's clearly not making much money.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
wondering where Clarkson gets all of the money to run this farm as he's clearly not making much money.

I bet Jeff Bezos pays Jeremy, James and Richard pretty well.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Internets says he's worth 60mil. I'm sure he could fund this production on his own dime easily, even if Bezos wasn't pitching in.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
It's been my go-to-sleep watch for a week or so, and I've enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Just wondering where Clarkson gets all of the money to run this farm as he's clearly not making much money.

On top of his Amazon contract (Grand Tour and this show), he's the current host of the UK's version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire. He used write commentary columns for various print media as he's originally a journalist, not sure if he's still doing it. He's not hurting for funds though.

Would be interesting if they show his car collection in s2. All the TG/GT guys have their own collections of exotics and favorites, wonder if they keep them at off-site storage or, on their own properties.

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Well, there's his personal RR which is shown regularly.
An Alfa made a brief appearance & a lifter R129 SL has been seen a few times. Prop cars from the show, would be interesting to see his others, but doubt they're kept at the farm.

Posts: 15257 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Finished watching the other day and it was great, start to finish. His Bentley from Madagascar also made an appearance Wink .

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
While I never put much stock in them thangs, the internet has his net worth at about $60 million.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just finished watching the series

all in all it was well done (typical Clarkson)

Not surprised he didn't make any money the first year given all the first time costs

willing to bet it he did year 2 and didn't repeat mistakes and go down a bunch of rabbit holes he would do quite well

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Season 2 Confirmed!

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up!
I thoroughly enjoyed the series 1 episodes.

Posts: 5027 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great show, fun and yet a peek behind the curtain. I agree startup costs are rough and he broke even this year but would likely be good in the next.

I hope they keep making the show, I've really enjoyed it.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendation! Mrs Puli and I started watching this on Saturday night and thoroughly enjoy it. Love that droll, English humor!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10193 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post