SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Clarkson's Farm (Amazon Prime)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clarkson's Farm (Amazon Prime) Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Season 2 has dropped.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Excited.
Enjoyed S1 & hope Amazon doesn't give him his walking papers, as is rumored, once this & The Grand Tour's next episode(s) are finished.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feb 10, TODAY!

Looking forward to seeing the insanity of governmental busy-bodies dictating what people can do and can't on their own property.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I watched all of season 2 last night.

Very well done, even funnier than the first. A lot of emotion and frustration. My sister lives in the UK and after watching Clarkson it just reinforces why I constantly tell her I could never live there.

And I also hope Amazon does not cave to the woke mob and cancel Clarkson. I hope this show pulls in huge numbers.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
This season was excellent

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
...I also hope Amazon does not cave to the woke mob and cancel Clarkson. I hope this show pulls in huge numbers.

Make sure you leave a 5-star positive review

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy this show. Right now it's my get in bed and watch with my little dog snuggling. He likes the lambs Smile

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My wife and I finished watching Season 2 last night. We both think this is the funniest, most entertaining, and most educational show one can watch.

Among its other pluses (Top Gear-level cinematography for example), it demonstrates that farmers and those who work to support farming communities are decent, hard-working, intelligent people in a fight for their lives not just against natural calamitous events, but even more against stupid government regulation. It's not just national government either, but local people jealous of Clarkson's fame and success. Of course Clarkson often shows himself to be an arrogant prick, but he also allows himself to be shown as a "muppet" when it comes to all things farming. He keeps referring to cattle as "cows" including males.

Clarkson and Kaleb clearly deserved their award for being the best ambassadors for the British agricultural industry.

I am happy that this show is a huge success around the world (see end credits: versions dubbed in German, French, Spanish, I think Japanese, and Polish as I recall).

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
It's kinda hard to explain but this really is a fantastic show. But the presentation of the plight of the farmer and the red tape insanity, without ever going to full-blown pity is really well-done. It makes you appreciate the people without feeling sorry for them, knowing that they most likely would still choose to be a farmer everyday despite the challenges.

And obviously, Jeremy is a great TV personality and has a distinct brand of humor. But his self-deprecation and the way he is able to be egotistical and at the same time let the light shine bright on the other people on the show is really great.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
My wife and I finished Season Two a few days ago. While much of it is funny, the illustrations of how horribly the government and "woke" politics are treating family farmers is extremely aggravating. Their ability to simply earn a living and provide products to consumers is clearly at risk by over-regulation and the heavy handed ability of bureaucrats to simply outspend those targeted is a threat to all of us. Jeremy isn't just funny, he's extremely informative.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Jeremy Clarkson is the Elon Musk of British TV.

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve really enjoyed it so far. Though way to close and personal with cows in one of the episodes.

Posts: 993 | Location: Northwest NJ | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Good grief the red tape. Board needs to vote on whether or not you can make a gravel parking area on your legally owned land a 1/4 mile from the nearest road and not visible. They want you to dedicate 1/2 of your 1000 acre farm to support it. BS.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just about done with the season...I think s.2 is better than the first season. Obviously they figured how what topics and issues to highlight, continue to show farming's unique challenges but most importantly, the level of legal authorizations and bureaucratic obstacles that the UK has created for its citizens is remarkable. I know here in the US, there's a variety of farming regs on water collecting, how much animal waste can flow into water run-off and various other things most non-farmers hadn't even considered but, what s.2 is showing is pretty staggering.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Went to watch, and inadvertently rewatched the finale of S1.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Midway through season 2. Great show. We’re watching the episode where badgers are a problem. I know how American ranchers handle ‘protected’ critters.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Started S2 finally.
Laughed a bit when he said the shop was more popular than expected.
20 years of TG & TGT, I'm not surprised at all.

posted Hide Post
Good grief....just needs to admit he didn't turn-on the spell-check when he typed up his legal statement Roll Eyes
Shit heads like this are going to run with their perceived grievance and the tabloids will fan the flames.

Lawyer Jeremy Clarkson told to 'learn to spell' on his Amazon TV show reveals he's dyslexic - as he slams the presenter for the jibe
quote:
A lawyer who was mocked on screen by Jeremy Clarkson over his poor spelling has gone public to reveal that he is dyslexic - and revealed how the jibes reawakened memories of his traumatic school days.

Barrister Charles Streeten appeared in the second series of Amazon Prime reality show Clarkson's Farm when the remarks that stung him were made.

Streeten - now revealed as having experienced a lifetime of social anxiety around spelling - was representing the local authority in a dispute with Clarkson over planning permission to expand parts of his Diddly Squat farm enterprise that the show is based on.

Today Mr Streeten published a powerful open letter addressed to Clarkson which opens: 'Learn to spell.' Well, I've certainly tried. When you muttered those words to me you couldn't have known how many times I've heard them. But to a dyslexic, it's a familiar phrase.'

posted Hide Post
Some good commentary from a UK farmer

posted Hide Post
Victory for Diddly Squat? Rishi Sunak vows to free farmers from planning red tape when converting barns to farm shops (after Jeremy Clarkson's huge rows with his local council) as PM welcomes TV star Kaleb Cooper to No10
quote:
Rishi Sunak today vowed to slash red tape for farmers looking to turn old barns into shops as he welcomed Clarkson's Farm star Kaleb Cooper to Downing Street.

The Prime Minister set out plans to make it easier for British farmers to diversify their incomes, such as through setting up farm shops on their land.

Under the Government's proposals, farmers would no longer need to seek permission from local councils to repurpose farm buildings.

The move comes after the much-publicised travails of Jeremy Clarkson, documented in the Amazon Prime show Clarkson's Farm, to turn a profit on his Diddly Squat Farm.

The series has revealed the ex-Top Gear host's many planning battles over his Diddly Squat Farm Shop, as well as his bid to set up a restaurant on his Oxfordshire farm.

Two of the show's stars - Cooper and 'Cheerful' Charlie Ireland, who is Clarkson's land agent - were pictured arriving at No10 today as the PM hosted a farming summit.

As part of a package of support for UK farmers - announced to coincide with the 'Farm to Fork' summit - Downing Street revealed plans to 'increase the resilience' of Britain's farming industry and 'support its growth'.

This includes proposals to 'cut the red tape currently holding farmers back from delivering projects on their land to diversify their incomes, such as repurposing farm buildings to use as shops', No10 added.

A consultation on the proposals will be launched later this year.