SIGforum
Clarkson's Farm (Amazon Prime)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4430017284

July 06, 2021, 08:21 AM
MattW
Clarkson's Farm (Amazon Prime)
Interesting series, I enjoyed it.

While he didn’t earn much, he also spent a ton upfront on equipment for the year. Had he not dropped ~150k pounds his profits would have been greater.

Also in the final episode, it took me a few minutes to recognize his tribute to the movie Goodfella’s.
July 09, 2021, 06:04 AM
Oz_Shadow
I can’t make out anything Gerald says. I wonder if Kaleb can.
July 10, 2021, 01:34 AM
sjtill
I usually put the closed captioning on when watching British shows.

July 10, 2021, 08:34 AM
k5blazer
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I usually put the closed captioning on when watching British shows.

We do the same. Hard to follow sometimes without the captioning.
July 10, 2021, 09:26 AM
Lt CHEG
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I can’t make out anything Gerald says. I wonder if Kaleb can.

I can’t understand anything he is saying either. I don’t feel bad though because I don’t think Jezza can understand much if anything that Gerald is saying either.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
July 10, 2021, 09:37 AM
Mars_Attacks
Gerald seems to be the Brit version of Louisianan Coon Ass.

Tabitha's cousin that stayed with us for a year or so as he was getting his CDL is 100% Coon Ass.

It took me months to learn what the hell he was talking about.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
July 11, 2021, 01:07 PM
P250UA5
2 episodes in & enjoying it so far. Not surprisingly, as I was a huge TG:UK fan.

Laughed at his reasoning on the tractor: Its a Lamborghini.

The Enemy's gate is down.
July 11, 2021, 02:17 PM
mutedblade
Wife and I watched 2 episodes this morning. Great stuff. Stunning production so far and yes, IT's A LAMBORGHINI!!!! Big Grin

July 14, 2021, 06:27 PM
NavyGuy
It's been my go-to-sleep watch for a week or so, and I've enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Just wondering where Clarkson gets all of the money to run this farm as he's clearly not making much money.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
July 14, 2021, 07:25 PM
M1Garandy
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
wondering where Clarkson gets all of the money to run this farm as he's clearly not making much money.

I bet Jeff Bezos pays Jeremy, James and Richard pretty well.
July 14, 2021, 08:32 PM
shiftyvtec
Internets says he's worth 60mil. I'm sure he could fund this production on his own dime easily, even if Bezos wasn't pitching in.
July 14, 2021, 10:15 PM
corsair
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
It's been my go-to-sleep watch for a week or so, and I've enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Just wondering where Clarkson gets all of the money to run this farm as he's clearly not making much money.

On top of his Amazon contract (Grand Tour and this show), he's the current host of the UK's version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire. He used write commentary columns for various print media as he's originally a journalist, not sure if he's still doing it. He's not hurting for funds though.

Would be interesting if they show his car collection in s2. All the TG/GT guys have their own collections of exotics and favorites, wonder if they keep them at off-site storage or, on their own properties.
July 15, 2021, 06:37 AM
P250UA5
Well, there's his personal RR which is shown regularly.
An Alfa made a brief appearance & a lifter R129 SL has been seen a few times. Prop cars from the show, would be interesting to see his others, but doubt they're kept at the farm.

July 15, 2021, 10:03 AM
mutedblade
Finished watching the other day and it was great, start to finish. His Bentley from Madagascar also made an appearance Wink .

July 15, 2021, 10:10 AM
cas
While I never put much stock in them thangs, the internet has his net worth at about $60 million.

July 18, 2021, 07:30 PM
nhtagmember
just finished watching the series

all in all it was well done (typical Clarkson)

Not surprised he didn't make any money the first year given all the first time costs

willing to bet it he did year 2 and didn't repeat mistakes and go down a bunch of rabbit holes he would do quite well
July 21, 2021, 11:20 AM
P250UA5
Season 2 Confirmed!

July 23, 2021, 09:29 AM
rainman64
Thanks for the heads up!
I thoroughly enjoyed the series 1 episodes.

August 08, 2021, 11:30 AM
Anubismp
What a great show, fun and yet a peek behind the curtain. I agree startup costs are rough and he broke even this year but would likely be good in the next.

I hope they keep making the show, I've really enjoyed it.
September 13, 2021, 11:32 AM
pulicords
Thanks for the recommendation! Mrs Puli and I started watching this on Saturday night and thoroughly enjoy it. Love that droll, English humor!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."