SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Yes. First time ive seen one on the shelf. It was 1 bottle only but managed to go back and grab the second the next morning. Will make a nice fathers day gift.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Picked up a High West Double Rye. Very tasty and smooth!

Eyeing a Makers Cask Strength as well, at $55 for a cask (albeit only 112 proof) seems like a good drink....

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rekstrom:
Picked up a High West Double Rye. Very tasty and smooth!

Eyeing a Makers Cask Strength as well, at $55 for a cask (albeit only 112 proof) seems like a good drink....

Makers cask is delish. It went up in price at the start of the year. They had it down to 32 around here.

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Yes. First time ive seen one on the shelf. It was 1 bottle only but managed to go back and grab the second the next morning. Will make a nice fathers day gift.

Nice find, buddy. Just remember to give it some air before you start slurping it down - you will thank me . . . . Big Grin

HTH,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I usually shake my mine vigourously than pop the top several times! Get the nitros out.

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
I usually shake my mine vigourously than pop the top several times! Get the nitros out.

Now I don't care WHO you are - that there is really funny! Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I was in a liquor store this past weekend that had a nice selection of bourbons, but they were over-priced.

My two favorites right now are Russell's Reserve Single Barrel and Jefferson's Reserve. Both were at least $5 more than I usually pay.

I thought I would see what Fred Noe is doing in his spare time, and picked up a bottle of Jim Beam Single Barrel. At $32 it was relatively inexpensive for a premium. I think it's really good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know when 1792 sweet wheat will be out?

posted Hide Post
quote:

You mean restocked? It's been on and off shelves for a year and a half. After the initial madness over the release it started to sit for a while. I don't know if it's released throughout the year or on a more limited basis but it's around.

Here's the distro in Kansas. Don't know if they'll be of any help but it's worth a shot.

http://www.standardbeverage.co...ry/american-whiskey/

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
quote:

You mean restocked? It's been on and off shelves for a year and a half. After the initial madness over the release it started to sit for a while. I don't know if it's released throughout the year or on a more limited basis but it's around.

Here's the distro in Kansas. Don't know if they'll be of any help but it's worth a shot.

http://www.standardbeverage.co...ry/american-whiskey/

thanks berto, yes restocked. really liked their port finish and the 1792 tour was pretty awesome.

Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Just opened my lottery find here in VA: ECBP small batch. Damn fine bourbon! One of my favorites and I didn't even let it air out or add water. Much less burn and much more flavor than I expected for a 66% bottling. I highly recommend it, easily worth more than the 45$ I paid for it.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Yeah, ECBP is damn fine bourbon at a good price. We managed 4 bottles in the lottery, surprising given there were 507 bottles in the state up for grabs. I guess there's less demand in the spring.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ I'm no fan of state run stores much less lotteries, but you seem to do pretty well overall.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
^ I'm no fan of state run stores much less lotteries, but you seem to do pretty well overall.

The Virginia ABC stores are really great for stuff like John J. Bowman, Belle Meade and 375ml bottles of Blanton's (among others). Please check out the picture in my post of Mar. 21 on the previous page, above. Big Grin

Too bad they wouldn't take a Massachusetts address for their lottery entries, tho'. . . . Frown

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeeTen:
quote:

The Virginia ABC stores are really great for stuff like John J. Bowman, Belle Meade and 375ml bottles of Blanton's (among others). Please check out the picture in my post of Mar. 21 on the previous page, above. Big Grin

Too bad they wouldn't take a Massachusetts address for their lottery entries, tho'. . . . Frown

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

try a PO box or a REGIS lol

Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:

It runs in cycles, I won't win anything for 3 months then win a bunch, but I suppose you're right, I do okay. Either way requires work, but more time on line filling out forms and less time in the half dozen stores where I cultivated my contacts and gathered intel. I kind of enjoyed the chase a bit, and now I miss out on some stuff they don't put out in the lottery because I'm not in the stores as regularly.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
I kind of enjoyed the chase a bit, and now I miss out on some stuff they don't put out in the lottery because I'm not in the stores as regularly.

Awww, poor baby - my heart breaks for you! But I did leave a small amount of change in the Virginia system on stuff I can't get up North. Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

posted Hide Post
Has anybody seen any Weller's Reserve recently?

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Yes by the metric ton. Im surprised actually but it looks here to stay

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes by the metric ton. Im surprised actually but it looks here to stay

Can you buy some and ship it to me? It's been 5 years and 9 states since I last saw a bottle.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post