SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Officially started my (re)introduction to bourbon tonight.

Bulleit on ice, a few sips to get a taste of it, then added some Pepsi to finish.

I like it, definitely better than the Jack and Jim I drank years ago.

Next up, Knob Creek tomorrow night...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scored a Blanton's and a 4 year Smooth Ambler Old Scout cask strength rye today. I have not had a Smooth Ambler rye before, hope it's good.

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Blanton’s for $62.99

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

Still $57.99 OTD here! Big Grin

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nice score.

If I was out, let's face it, up to $100-$125, I am probably not leaving Blanton's on the shelf.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

Saw my first bottle on Blanton's in the wild yesterday....$159.99....had to pass that up.

Posts: 1340 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Bump! Been a while, let’s update, today was very good for me, finally scored a Booker’s, and even got my hands on a Larceny Barrel Proof. Passed on Elijah Craig Barrel Proof(B521) and Ezra Brooks 7 year.

Will have to try and update this with my finds for the past month.

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlbailey1:
Passed on Elijah Craig Barrel Proof(B521)

Eek What? That’s good stuff

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
I’ve had the A121, but not the B521, might see how much is hanging around.

So as luck would have it, I did very well for myself on Friday after my eye appointment.

Weller 107, E.H. Taylor small batch BiB, Blanton’s and Eagle Rare followed me home. Add the Booker’s and Larceny BP and it was a dandy week!

In the past 30 days I’ve also managed to get the following:

1792 Full Proof
1792 Bottled in Bond
Four Roses Small Batch Select
Blade & Bow
Old Grand Dad 114
Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve

Some of these I bought while on vacation in Bend, as we don’t normally get the OGD114.

Also tried and snagged some new to me, rather impressive budget bourbons, Early Times Bottled in Bond and Evan Williams green label Bottled in Bond. Of the two, I liked the early times better. 1000ml for only $21.95?!%#

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Damn, you had a great haul. Things must be picking up everywhere because we're starting to see more Eagle Rare and Blanton's popping up here in VA. Weller 107 is pretty hard to come by still though.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The PappyGate episode of the Heist show on Netflix is good...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Down to my last bottle of Weller Antique 107. Can't find it anywhere right now. (I bought a case last summer when my nephew was still employed with a local Distributor)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Come to Cincinnati for Weller Special Reserve and Antique 107. It is regularly available, sometimes with a limit of one per person.

If you check the Ohio Liquor control site, you can see who has what and when. It is not 100% accurate, but it will give you a good barometer. If stores with Monday ad Tuesday deliveries are getting particular bottles, it is likely those who get Wed-Fri deliveries will be getting some of the same.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a low threshold
for bullshit
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Come to Cincinnati for Weller Special Reserve and Antique 107. It is regularly available, sometimes with a limit of one per person.

If you check the Ohio Liquor control site, you can see who has what and when. It is not 100% accurate, but it will give you a good barometer. If stores with Monday ad Tuesday deliveries are getting particular bottles, it is likely those who get Wed-Fri deliveries will be getting some of the same.

I'm a former Ohioan and just found that site! I'll be stopping to find a few bottles on my next visit.

Posts: 1687 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Does anyone see Heaven Hill 7yr, Old Fitzgerald BiB, or McKenna 10yr? The first two haven’t been in Idaho yet, the third is a unicorn.

Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlbailey1:
Does anyone see Heaven Hill 7yr, Old Fitzgerald BiB, or McKenna 10yr? The first two haven’t been in Idaho yet, the third is a unicorn.

Henry McKenna is allocated, but available several times a year in Ohio. It cost $59.99 here. In Michigan a few weeks ago and there was a lot of McKenna in the Ann Arbor area, it is $70.00 in most places. I asked one store owner about it, as it seemed to be everywhere. He told me for every three cases of Larceny they buy, they can buy a case of McKenna. in the $20's, the Larceny is an easy sell, so they take advantage of the opportunity to buy the McKenna which sells, just a little slower.

My Son bought a bottle of McKenna in Charlotte recently, for $70.

I have visited a few Distilleries in KY, but have not made it to Heaven Hill yet. There is a FB page for What Does Heaven Hill Have Today. It will blow your mind. Last week, they had EC 18, Birthday and a couple of different OF's. You have to get there early, like 4-5 hours before it opens. And, you never know what they will have. However, I have yet to hear from anyone who got there early, leaving disappointed.

I have been wanting to hit the HH Distillery. if you are ever in the area, holler. If I am available, I may join you for a trip to HH.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the offer and info Steve! Someday I hope to make it to Kentucky and hit the Bourbon Trail. I've only ever been to the airport in Cincinnati before, as I don't really travel as much anymore.

My nephew was able to secure me a Henry McKenna 10yr Single barrel over in Oregon this morning, so I'm excited to try it. Being a state controlled liquor like we are in Idaho, it was $49.95.

I also picked up an Old Ezra 7 year barrel strength today, they've been in the stores here for a few weeks and supply is drying up.

Unless my sister can find one of my wishlist bottles next week while on vacation back east, I'll try to snag the 2nd release ECBP 521.

Looking forward to some blind testing with my nephew and some buddies here next month!

Happy hunting, gentlemen!

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Picked up some 4yr 110proof Willett Rye again lately.

So good, especially for such a young Rye.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I like the Ezra 7, I thought it was pretty good. I also like the Ezra 99 it sits on the shelf here and I think it’s as good as BT.

I have been enjoying a lot of Rye lately. WT rare breed barrel proof rye has been available here for the past few months. When I also have a Saz open that’s one of my favorites.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Anyone see Stagg Jr. batch 16 in the wild yet?