SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The shitheads at Diageo have bought Balcones Texas Whiskey. I am conidering buying a few bottles of the Texas Bourbon, Texas Rye, and Single Malt before the Diageo shit-finger ruins the product.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Just checking to tell you that my wife is AWESOME!!! Big Grin This years Flaviar whiskey Advent Calendar.

Todays whiskey was a Rye from Ron Colon Salvadoreno. Slightly sweet and very smooth

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is awesome!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried the Buffalo Trace Cream liqueur? I picked up a bottle at Costco on a whim. Fan of BT and thought I might like it in coffee or cocoa. Any other ideas?

Also, a new Costco opened today in my area and they had Larceny Barrel Proof. Hadn’t seen it before, quick internet search and it seems to get good reviews so grabbed a bottle. A little concerned about the proof (126.6) so will most likely use mixed as the high proof stuff tends to burn for me. I’ll give it a shot just to see but much stronger than what I am used to (BT, Four Roses, Elijah Craig)

It’s the most recent batch, C922 and the reviews I read seem to think it is the best release so far.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
The shitheads at Diageo have bought Balcones Texas Whiskey. I am conidering buying a few bottles of the Texas Bourbon, Texas Rye, and Single Malt before the Diageo shit-finger ruins the product.

Hopefully they can get some quality control with Balcones. The last couple of bottles I bought tasted like rotted oak.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
BT Bourbon Cream is a nice treat around the holidays for me. Others make similar product and I won’t pretend to say the BT is any better than the next.

If you go to the distillery and take their tour you can sample it and they also provide some jdeas as to how you can prepare it. There are some tasty options.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
The BT Cream is delicious. You can mix it with so many things, including root beer.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
The BT Cream is delicious. You can mix it with so many things, including root beer.

Oooh, never would have thought of that! We always have RB on hand, I’ll have to give it a try

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I like the BT bourbon cream but I also love Bailey's and they are not different enough to tell much difference, honestly.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
What’s a great $100 bourbon that isn’t too hard to find? This would be a gift.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

1. Bookers would probably be my first choice. It's always good and comes in a wood box which is nice for a gift.
2. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof
3. Something from Barrel bourbons. Vantage or even better, New Year.
4. Willett Pot Still. Nothing terribly special from a whiskey standpoint but it comes in the best bottle.

In that order with #1 being the most experienced bourbon drinker who keeps multiple bottles open. #4
being someone who doesn't drink a whole lot but recognized the unique bottle.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to pick up a bottle of Blanton's and a Midwinter Night's Dram from the county ABS special drop this morning.

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:

In SE. Michigan, I would not recommend paying the secondary pricing for any of the Buffalo Trace products. I love them, but refuse to pay secondary pricing.

My children both bought me store picks of Caribou Crossing, a Canadian Whiskey. Both bottles came from SE MI. I believe these were in the 70-80 dollar range. Cool bottle, a relatively lower proof, with simple, not too complex flavors.

I would recommend Old Forester 1902 or Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Both should be in the 70-90 dollar range.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

posted Hide Post
quote:

Col E. H. Taylor about $75 for a 750ml bottle.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

Found a couple EHT barrel proof.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Just checking to tell you that my wife is AWESOME!!! Big Grin This years Flaviar whiskey Advent Calendar.

Todays whiskey was a Rye from Ron Colon Salvadoreno. Slightly sweet and very smooth

The last 2 years my beloved wife has gotten me a Bourbon / Whiskey Advent Calendar! She's pretty awesome!!!!!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
quote:

Col E. H. Taylor about $75 for a 750ml bottle.

And you can thanks the bastards at Forbes Magazine for that huge price increase! Those assholes put "Col E.H. Taylor" (small batch) on their "Top 10 Bourbons" list a few years ago. Granted, Col EHT is a phenomenal bourbon, and probably does deserve to be on that list, but DAMN.... The price for Small Batch here went from $35-$40 a bottle to $75+, and rarer than hens teeth. I've seen bottles at $100+.

It's one of my favorites, but I'm not paying that much.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
EH Taylor, in most parts of FL that I frequent, is in the $150 range when you can find it. That's for small batch. Single barrel is $450+.

I scored a few bottles of it last year for $65 from a honey hole down in SFL, but he's over $100 now, and that's too rich for my blood for small batch, and that's saying a lot because it's one of my favorite bourbons. I also picked one up at BT in October for $45, so my dollar cost average on my stash of EHT is in good shape. Big Grin

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

GREAT FIND!!!

Posts: 283 | Registered: December 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

Wow.

I just got my bottle of Weller Antique after the damn ABC Vault debacle. Woopty Doo.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post