SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 102

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
OK, berto, you and Deq have worn me out. I can't even play Devil's advocate any more.

Besides, I fell into a bottle of Lot B today due to the generosity of forum member Biggsig. So I'm feeling a bit humbled by it.




"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman
 
Posts: 10297 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Enjoy that Lot B. I lucked into a bottle this week and should have it Tuesday. I think I'm gonna trade it for some old Turkey if I can.
 
Posts: 3859 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Enjoy that Lot B. I lucked into a bottle this week and should have it Tuesday. I think I'm gonna trade it for some old Turkey if I can.


Anybody seen WT12???? Roll Eyes

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)


I miss Erhardt!
 
Posts: 2829 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeeTen:
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Enjoy that Lot B. I lucked into a bottle this week and should have it Tuesday. I think I'm gonna trade it for some old Turkey if I can.


Anybody seen WT12???? Roll Eyes

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)


Is that the purple unicorn Japanese export only stuff that 46and2 raves about?




"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman
 
Posts: 10297 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Nah, my fave WT is the Japanese-only WT 101 that's all 15yo with an age statement. It used to be available here in the states, but not in years now. It's fantastic, imo.

Is there a 12yo one now? I'm not familiar with it.
 
Posts: 25099 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeeTen:

Anybody seen WT12???? Roll Eyes

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)


Haha. Can't decide between the split label and the gold foil. I like the foil better but the split is less and almost as good.
 
Posts: 3859 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Hows it compare vs masters keep?



What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke
 
Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Gents,
Black Maple Hill Oregon bourbon: anyone tried it? Thoughts? Worth $80? I appreciate any opinions.
 
Posts: 2174 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Gents,
Black Maple Hill Oregon bourbon: anyone tried it? Thoughts? Worth $80? I appreciate any opinions.


Absofuckinglutely not. Lighting $80 on fire would be more enjoyable. BMH made its name as sourced juice. The age stated releases from years ago are sought after. The non age stated stuff from a few years back is sought after by some. Now it's swill sourced from Oregon and priced based on its past glory. Avoid it and anybody who recommends the new stuff.
 
Posts: 3859 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Gents,
Black Maple Hill Oregon bourbon: anyone tried it? Thoughts? Worth $80? I appreciate any opinions.


Absofuckinglutely not. Lighting $80 on fire would be more enjoyable. BMH made its name as sourced juice. The age stated releases from years ago are sought after. The non age stated stuff from a few years back is sought after by some. Now it's swill sourced from Oregon and priced based on its past glory. Avoid it and anybody who recommends the new stuff.


Awesome review, thanks for the candor.
 
Posts: 2174 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Agree on BMH. Dogshit. If you find one in the pappy esque bottle i believe red label ur good to go. Thise go for quite bit now though.



What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke
 
Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Gents,
Black Maple Hill Oregon bourbon: anyone tried it? Thoughts? Worth $80? I appreciate any opinions.


Absofuckinglutely not. Lighting $80 on fire would be more enjoyable. BMH made its name as sourced juice. The age stated releases from years ago are sought after. The non age stated stuff from a few years back is sought after by some. Now it's swill sourced from Oregon and priced based on its past glory. Avoid it and anybody who recommends the new stuff.


Awesome review, thanks for the candor.


I dunno. Sounds like berto's on the fence on this one. Wink




"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman
 
Posts: 10297 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Well I'll be drinking my WLW 2016 sample tonight in celebration of our new president. Wish I had a whole bottle, but I'm excited to try at least a single pour.

EDITED TO ADD: A toast to President Trump! This is the best burboun I've ever tasted. Even my daughter likes the way it smells.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arabiancowboy,
 
Posts: 2174 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Last night I opened the four roses OBSQ barrel strength. First impression is meh+. Neat it was dominated by ethanol Ive had Stagg Jr and ECBP neat and they have flavor neat. With room temperature water the flavors came out subtly, fruity, definitely high rye. The flavors just didn't pop. I had two glasses it is good whiskey and I'll drink it up, hopefully after it aerates the flavors will become more bold.

I would like to add I had some old Forrester prohibition (barrel proof) this is good solid bourbon with flavor (Carmel and tart apple). I can't believe I am saying this but at $60 I think it's a good value. Which is crazy cause I remember when $25 got a good bottle.


------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo
 
Posts: 4747 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
How old is the prohibitiin bourbon?



What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke
 
Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Longshot, but anybody want to trade something fun and hard to get for a btac er17?



What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke
 
Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
How about a 4 Roses OBSQ with a few glasses missing Wink


------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo
 
Posts: 4747 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
How about a 4 Roses OBSQ with a few glasses missing Wink


Ha! Id tray that for yellowstone. Yellowstone is awful! Doesnt even taste like bourbon.



What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke
 
Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Any opinions on Hancock's Reserve?
 
Posts: 279 | Registered: December 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Longshot, but anybody want to trade something fun and hard to get for a btac er17?


2016 release?




"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman
 
Posts: 10297 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 102 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...

© SIGforum 2021