SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Usually if I log on. Seems no one is on. So I usually just go buy a rifle. Then join some random squad for killing. Let them keep the loot.

In about a hour one day. I shot down 2 Apaches & TOW missle'ed 2 tanks from some crew that was attacking the guys I was rolling with.

Knowing I cost them a solid $2 Mil in vehicles made me feel complete.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Usually if I log on. Seems no one is on. So I usually just go buy a rifle. Then join some random squad for killing. Let them keep the loot.

In about a hour one day. I shot down 2 Apaches & TOW missle'ed 2 tanks from some crew that was attacking the guys I was rolling with.

Don't forget to look in the admin channel for us and if we're on message us. I don't check who's on TS that often so I never have any idea when you're on.

We hit some A3 Epoch last night and had a ton of fun. I went to put my dog to bed and when I came back, Shogun and Arc were unconscious and Ron and Zach were pinned down in Shoguns base.

I logged back in (to a pine tree) and they had a visual on the 2 attackers. Turned and smoked the guy hiding behind our chopper, ran over and revived Shogun...opened my bag, equipped my M107, throw a scope on it, blasted the other guy right in the fucking melon...so much blood...it was glorious.

Then I ran to where Arc was and got him revived.

So much fun.

Think I might try my hand at recording here and there...only problems is that I have FRAPS and while the quality is amazing...a 2 minute video is like 5 gigs.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
quote:

Don't forget to look in the admin channel for us and if we're on message us. I don't check who's on TS that often so I never have any idea when you're on.

We hit some A3 Epoch last night and had a ton of fun. I went to put my dog to bed and when I came back, Shogun and Arc were unconscious and Ron and Zach were pinned down in Shoguns base.

I logged back in (to a pine tree) and they had a visual on the 2 attackers. Turned and smoked the guy hiding behind our chopper, ran over and revived Shogun...opened my bag, equipped my M107, throw a scope on it, blasted the other guy right in the fucking melon...so much blood...it was glorious.

So much fun.

Think I might try my hand at recording here and there...only problems is that I have FRAPS and while the quality is amazing...a 2 minute video is like 5 gigs.

Throberella has started recording with Shadowplay, I just upgraded my videocard so I could do the same thing. Need a GeForce 600 series or higher. Don't ask me any questions about it because I just made my first recording last night, but here's a video of Throb and I playing some Chivalry: Medieval Warfare . Be aware, it is an hour and a half long and filled with naughty language.

Shadowplay cuts off the recording at around 3.8GB, on medium quality that's a good 27 minutes of footage, then automatically starts recording a new file. As long as you've got the HD space it'll keep recording. Anyhow, if you want to record, I'd look into that ifin I was you.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
You guys are gonna sucks me back in aren't you. OK where do I get Arma iii?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Steam?

So what is this Arma 3 Epoch? Is it basically just you guys building tree houses and blowing up LAVs, only without the zombies of DayZ?

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
quote:

So much fun.

I want to join up on ARMA III. But it's at $60 on steam right now. Bit rich for my blood with I only play once or twice a week. I'll keep my eyes open for any deals.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
What damned DayZ and ARMA version should I be running.

I found the new server IPs, but it's saying I need to remove a bunch of files.

Let Steam auto-update Arma II and OA, if you haven't. You'll need up to date Epoch, and Overwatch. Let DayZ Commander update those, and join using the batch files available on the website.

Ok, I'm in using the batch files!!

I logged into Grave's base, and I might be trapped but I didn't try any doors yet, so I don't know. I still have my money, but my safes are gone.

When are you guys usually on?

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm on anytime between 6-11pm eastern, sometimes later. I rebuilt and added doors to Graves server 1 base, so whenever we can hook up I can get you codes.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Steam?

So what is this Arma 3 Epoch? Is it basically just you guys building tree houses and blowing up LAVs, only without the zombies of DayZ?

A3 epoch won't ever have zombies unless server owners code them and add them in manually. Right now the only "zombie" is a creature named a sapper, which will spawn when you are looting and run around like a madman, then blow up next to you.

Also there are cultists at night, and they do some creepy shit where they turn your screen all fuzzy until you kill them or you can't see and die.

Reason for the no zeds is because anything related to Day-z is now owned by the standalone, and Arma had a competition to create a mod for them...prize is like 500 grand or some shit, so the epoch team is making epoch for arma 3. A direct port of the day-z mod to a3 would have been preferable, but the standalone guys still think they're going to be able to make a product that is going to live up to the hype (it won't).

A3 epoch is almost entirely focused on pvp. There are no real trader cities, and there are wandering traders. The items that they have are ONLY items sold to them by other players. You cannot go to a specific trader for let's say cinder blocks, you have to run around until you find one that has had blocks sold to it by another player.

Vehicles are fairly hard to drive, no more 350z's doing 300mph offroad with perfect handling. Heli's are harder to fly but technically you have more control than in A2.

Everything is made out of paper it seems like, which makes for really good shootin' matches. I think things like the plate carrier rigs and helmets you can find help a tiny bit with damage, but if you're getting shot with anything bigger than a 5.56 you're still probably a goner.

It is DIFFICULT to snipe in A3. The scope sway is real...god damn. Lot's of people are switching over to machine guns or other weapons with 1-4x optics because it just takes too much god damn time to get settled and take a long range shot. I am glad this is a thing, A2 is eaten alive with everyone using sniper rifles.

A3 epoch building is actually REALLY fun. At present time, there are only wood floors, wood frame walls (you can cover in metal) and cinder block walls.

Every building piece is affected by physics. If you try to place a floor up in the air, it will fall until it collides with something, acting like a real piece of wood you just dropped in real life. So if you want your base to be nice and flat, you have to put down a foundation first then build off of that.

Complete the first level, throw up frame walls inside, THEN you can set floors on top for the next level.

Once you put an item down it is not permanently stuck there. You can move every item you placed that is inside your plot pole.

YOU CAN ALSO MOVE ITEMS OTHER PLAYERS HAVE BUILT IF YOU DESTROY THEIR PLOT POLE.

Bases are not indestructible, which for the moment kind of sucks dick because you can satchel charge that shit...granted they are pretty damn rare. But right now base maintenance is 1 "krypto" per 1 base piece...instead of how A2 epoch is with it's insane prices.

Shit you find and sell in this game isn't going to make you rich overnight either...a big ass transport truck is like 900 krypto to sell. Heli's are about 1800 to buy from a trader (assuming another player has sold one to them)

Oh, and vehicles only lock for 30 minutes. No keys.

It's like the fuckin wild west man, you can literally log in, find a base, fucking destroy it, and take all of their shit...then spell "FUCK YOU" on the ground with their floors.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add:

No LAV's, no tanks, no shit with grenade launchers. I have yet to see an armed heli, but I know there is one or two that can spawn...mg's and miniguns obviously, no rockets.

I spawned one with rockets the other day for shits and giggles to fly around in...accidentally hit fire with rockets selected and instantly got kicked by the anti-hack.

Satchel charges, AP mines, claymores...all those things vanish on restart, but they are very effective otherwise. Grenades aren't bad either.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I was told there is a Insurrection Gaming Arma 3 Epoch server on the Altis map. Is that right? I haven't been successful in getting the All In Arma Map pack. What is the server info for the Altis server?

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I was told there is a Insurrection Gaming Arma 3 Epoch server on the Altis map. Is that right? I haven't been successful in getting the All In Arma Map pack. What is the server info for the Altis server?

Altis
http://www.gametracker.com/ser.../23.250.24.194:2362/

Chernarus
http://www.gametracker.com/ser.../23.250.24.194:2372/

I had some trouble downloading the All in Arma Map Pack as well...had to try a few times until I was finally able to get it off Armaholic.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26682

It will show 6.5gb but it unpacks to 8...all you should have to do after you follow those steps in then run A3 launcher and do the install from there, I guess there's a few other minor files the launcher has to download for you to make it run.

If you're gonna be on tonight I'll fuck around in Altis with you if you can't get Chernarus working Smile

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
We'll see. Having internet issues at home.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Any of you guys see me or Arc on teamspeak in the admin channel don't hesitate to message us. We stay in there because if we hang out in the regular channels kids come in and bug the shit out of us...well, me at least.

posted Hide Post
Been trying to get back into Day Z after I had to reformat my comp a few months back.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to log on to ANY servers...constant error messages about either password not matching (on unlocked servers) or BattlEye not initializing...

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Do you have the most recent version of battle eye?

Password not matching is really odd as well. Which flavor of Day-Z are you playing? Vanilla? Epoch? Overwatch? Overpoch?

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Still here.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
I will be playing most of the day on the ArmaII INS OVERPOCH 162.248.89.7 and will be on Teamspeak.

Would love to run a couple of things with the old boys today.

http://insurrectiongaming.net/insurrectionservers

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Sorry, guys. I fucked up. Don't know what else to say.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Sorry, guys. I fucked up. Don't know what else to say.

Well, you could tell us all the story. That's what this thread is for.

quote: