SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm still on now and again. Haven't seen much of anyone but Gravebone.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of outright PvP left, people either camp a mission, or sit in their tower base and shoot you when you're close enough.

What was the "deathmatch" area in Balota is now gone, replaced by a town in the northwest that has both the gem and weed dealer. I've yet to find another soul there.

People are relentless in their pursuit of cheating/exploiting, so the rules just get tighter. Now it's people who just run and hide in trader safe zones if they get a whif of combat.

The only time I encounter other players lately, is after I've killed the AI at a mission, and I'm examining crates. When they snipe me from the treeline.

Playing with a group of folks is the best part of the game, right now most players are camper/sniper types, so the combat isn't there. Base raids are pointless if noone is home, and they hide when they're home.

Certainly anyone is welcome to come and play, we've got bases on both good ole' cherno, and the "fully militarized" cherno.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I miss playing with you guys... my schedule got a bit hectic in the real world with some health issues and the obvious work issues I've been posting about.

Health is squared away now and hopefully so will the "civil unrest."

Then i may have some time to get back on and play.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I still get on once or twice a week. It's usually super late on Friday or Saturday night.

I usually just beg in side chat for someone to let me roll with them. Tell them they can keep the loot. Just looking for someone to burn some time with.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
I get on probably once or twice a week for a few hours. Burned myself out playing a shitload and doing admin stuff. Also it's wow time again and that takes precedence over Day-z.

No idea where the hell Skull Leader or Godsmoke went. They both just vanished into thin air.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
It's no fun running around on your own. So I've taken a break from gaming. Burnt out as well.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Yeah, running around alone sucks. We should all find a game we can play together...

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Godsmoke and I were talking about DayZ last night, he said he hopped on at some point and found that Shogun had removed the ability to use 3rd person mode, so he said, "done" and hasn't looked back. So him and I are playing Titanfall, occasionally Throbbert joins us, sometimes Nala when she isn't sucked in by the Korean MMO that has a hold of her.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I can't get Shogun's servers to show up in DayZ Commander anymore, and it seems the link I had to his website is borked also.

What gives?

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
I can't get Shogun's servers to show up in DayZ Commander anymore, and it seems the link I had to his website is borked also.

What gives?

They still show up on mine. But just don't show a ping or number of people. Still lets me join though if I click.

Website URL: http://insurrectiongaming.net/

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Shogun still got that picture of the dude shooting a bat while his friend points out the atomic tornadoes coming to rip them into screaming, glowing, meat bits? Because that picture was dumb.

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
What damned DayZ and ARMA version should I be running.

I found the new server IPs, but it's saying I need to remove a bunch of files.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Shogun had removed the ability to use 3rd person mode

....what?

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Miss some of you bastards. It's just me, Arc, and Rotty when his kid isn't screaming like a banshee.

We now have an Arma 3 Epoch server...two actually. Altis and Chernarus.

Pretty fuckin' fun. Arma 3 is pretty refreshing.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
What damned DayZ and ARMA version should I be running.

I found the new server IPs, but it's saying I need to remove a bunch of files.

Let Steam auto-update Arma II and OA, if you haven't. You'll need up to date Epoch, and Overwatch. Let DayZ Commander update those, and join using the batch files available on the website.

quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
Miss some of you bastards. It's just me, Arc, and Rotty when his kid isn't screaming like a banshee.

We now have an Arma 3 Epoch server...two actually. Altis and Chernarus.

Pretty fuckin' fun. Arma 3 is pretty refreshing.

Arma 3 is really good looking. The map pack takes forever to download, You'll need Epoch, the MAS weapons pack, and the All In map pack.

quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Shogun still got that picture of the dude shooting a bat while his friend points out the atomic tornadoes coming to rip them into screaming, glowing, meat bits? Because that picture was dumb.

It's still up, but there were rumblings of changing it. I don't get it either.

I'm still on it most nights, getting sniped at missions mostly. DayZ is definitely best played with multiple people.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I just picked up the standalone during the winter sale. Started it up to make sure it worked, got in a fistfight with a zombie in the middle of the night. Died.

Got into another server and I was checking out a house, come outside as two guys in ghillie suits run up. I start screaming at them, saying they're going to murder me and stick my flashlight up my ass. They said they were nice guys and wouldn't kill me, but if I wanted they could stick my flashlight up my ass for me. They gave me canned peaches and then left.

Later I found some cool stuff like a motorcycle helmet and a hacksaw. During this time I saw another survivor, so I decided to chase him while making that Putty Patrol sound, from Power Rangers. You know, that babbling "blooblebloobleblooble" sound they make. He kept saying "Hello?" in a foreign accent while I kept hitting him with my hacksaw. Eventually another guy ran up and was shouting, "Why are you guys fighting!?" To which I shouted back, "IT'S THE HUMAN CONDITION!" and started swinging at him too. Eventually, I lost enough blood and passed out, at that point I can only assume I was curbstomped because I died shortly thereafter.

Respawn elsewhere and just went wandering about. Found some stuff, looked like a cholo gangbanger with my blue plaid shirt, leather gloves, sunglasses and ballcap. At some point I found myself in a city somewhere and heard gunshots, so I moved away from them. Met a guy and he asked if I had seen anyone, told him about the gunshots and he said he'd go check them out. Okay buddy, whatever you say.

Kept on like that for a little bit, explored a warehouse and when I came out I saw a dude run by with a rifle, chasing him was the guy I talked to before, so I went after them but I lost them. As I'm walking along the edge of this town, I come around a building and hear something behind me, I turn and there's a man standing there with a rifle. I'm fucked. He fires and breaks my leg. So I'm laying there, looking at this guy, resigned to my fate of losing my sweet newsboy hat and hiking boots when there's a burst of automatic gunfire and blood sprays from various points on this guy's body. He crumbles to the ground.

From around the corner saunters my friend from earlier. He asks if I'm okay, I tell him I got a broken leg and he says, "I'll help you with that, just let me make sure this guy's dead first though," then he goes around the corner because that's how my attacker's body fell, and proceeds to brain him with an axe. Comes back and gives me all the fixins I need to make a splint, then hands me all of his stuff saying, "I'm gonna go kill myself so I can respawn and try to find my friends, so you can have my gear." I got a Mosin, ammo, pack, food, clothes out of it. The guy had to have been Canadian. I've been afraid to log back in since then, knowing if I do within five minutes I'll be shot and all that stuff stolen off me.

quote:

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I played the standalone a bit, it didn't grab me. The idea that you can only open a can with a can opener, sort of breaks the immersion. Frankly, if I find a can of food and it's the apocalypse, since I'm a smart ape, you can bet I will get the can open without a specific tool.

By the time they're actually done with standalone DayZ, noone will care because Epoch for Arma 3 is already better looking and more functional. Really by the time DayZ is done it'll be ArmA V.

Arc.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I played the standalone a bit, it didn't grab me. The idea that you can only open a can with a can opener, sort of breaks the immersion. Frankly, if I find a can of food and it's the apocalypse, since I'm a smart ape, you can bet I will get the can open without a specific tool.

By the time they're actually done with standalone DayZ, noone will care because Epoch for Arma 3 is already better looking and more functional. Really by the time DayZ is done it'll be ArmA V.

Pretty much this. I played the standalone for a bit and didn't run into another soul the whole time on a maxed out server. The game itself just didn't feel right either...wasted my money Frown

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

These days you can open it with other tools. I used a collapsible baton to open a can of tactical bacon, when you use something other than a can opener you spill some of the food though.

quote:

posted Hide Post
I've never played this, I'm still sort of convinced reading some of the recaps here is more entertaining then the game would ever be.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Any of you plan to try Dying Light or H1Z1?

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post