SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Everyone Hates Star Wars: The Acolyte and That's a Good Thing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everyone Hates Star Wars: The Acolyte and That's a Good Thing Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Um...it appears that someone didn't get the digital joke. Ones and zeros...

-MG

Posts: 2203 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Yep, a droid is about as binary as one could get.

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
If you ever cared about Star Wars you have to watch this. He goes over all the drama at Disney over this dumpster fire. Leslie, who is behind this show, is fucked. Ol’ Kathleen Kennedy is trying to keep this lady around and it’s not working. Listening to this, I mean the drama is hilarious. Pronouns will be introduced on the next episode Big Grin

https://youtu.be/Q679z5-JTFs?si=u5EZf5f7fFBDIDTI

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12920 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
How the HELL does Kathleen Kennedy still have a job? Does she have the goods on multiple Disney execs and they are terrified of her?

Posts: 34514 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
How the HELL does Kathleen Kennedy still have a job? Does she have the goods on multiple Disney execs and they are terrified of her?

Honestly she has to have some Harvey Weinstein type bs on some execs, some sort of MeToo bs that would bring the whole company down. If she was even half way sane she’d take the millions and ride off into the sunset. But that is not how these people work. They’d rather stick around and try to change culture, and America. I mean it’s failing, like falling out of a fucking tree and hitting every branch on the way down. Doesn’t matter with this sort of human. She thinks she is one million times more important than reality. Blame the fans, blame men, blame the whites, to them it has to be everyone else and not the person in the mirror. You cannot reason with anyone that has this mentality.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
This one lost me at the campfire in space put out with a fire extinguisher.
Just fooking stupid.

Holy shit. Did that really happen?? A friend sent me a meme about it and I figured it was just a joke.

And here is the shit they're trying to pass as normal.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
This one lost me at the campfire in space put out with a fire extinguisher.
Just fooking stupid.

Holy shit. Did that really happen?? A friend sent me a meme about it and I figured it was just a joke.

And here is the shit they're trying to pass as normal.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r8qnyjx_q54?si=G5YUGxv2fVXE1tBq" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I mean, this IS coming from the same people that had ACTUAL FUCKING GRAVITY STARSHIP BOMBERS WITH THE ACTUAL FUCKING BOMBS ACTUALLY BOMB ANOTHER STASHIP IN ACTUAL FUCKING SPACE in The Last Jedi . So . . . no real rocket scientists, or anyone who, you know, knows a single fucking thing about the physics of the universe in the writers room over at Disney.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2069 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Um...it appears that someone didn't get the digital joke. Ones and zeros...

Hmmmm…or maybe you didn’t pick up on my sarcasm?

I checked out the first few episodes. I had a hard time staying awake. It was awful. Even Ahsoka was better than this.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17593 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sarcasm? No I didn't pick up on it then, and I don't see it now. But then it's the internet, notorious for its failing in translating the craft of sarcasm.

-MG

Posts: 2203 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Pronoun episode dropped. The nerds have their tiki torches loaded up. I’ve never seen Star Wars people this pissed off. So many canceling Disney+ subscriptions. Glad to see it. People should have done this years ago. Should be videos from Drinker, Robot Head, etc, today.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34514 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I am not posting another review about the current JeDEI Order in the HIGH Republic. I decided to post a couple pretty good fan films (just imagine that these crews could have done with 180 million):

and another one:

Posts: 4052 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its real bad so far...

Sig 556
Sig M400
P226 Tacops
P229 Legion
P320 X compact

Posts: 467 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You expect it to get better?

Posts: 108990 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
What’s funny is that they could have used pre-Disney lore from the books, some pre-millennial writing, and they could have made 90% the same story, but good.

Posts: 10040 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It’s literally the product that is going to break Disney’s back. Several channels on YT are doing daily updates on this. Bob Eiger, CEO, is losing his shit over this. This series is costing them millions. One, they spent 10 million more on this show, than what Dune 2 cost to make. People are finally cancelling their subscriptions over this show. They had already planned a season 2, and that’s cancelled. They had made soundstages, etc, to the tune of tens of millions of dollars, and Disney decided this is so bad, to just remove and trash those stages. Hedlund, former assistant to Harvey Weinstein, whose show this is, all her shit is cancelled. They were going to give her movies, Star Wars movies, that’s burnt up in the ether.

A Disney executive, didn’t memorize his name, did an interview at a restaurant. He said (you can find the interview on YT also), they are actively promoting and practicing racial discrimination at Disney. He said, if you are a straight white male, this and that job is not available. When asked if they hinted about this, he said no they straight up told you x and y position is not available for white males. Disney got so pissed at this, they put him on administrative leave. He even removed his linked in profile and he has gone MIA, into hiding. Eiger and Kennedy had all these series and films planned, and that’s all been scrapped. Disney is in upheaval. They are using their corporate might and getting reviews deleted. They are also going after Critical Drinker and 2-3 other YT channels who have been critical. They are having daily meetings on how to manage this Titanic. Disney is fucked. All you have to do is go to YT and search for Acoloyte reviews. Multiple channels doing daily updates and it’s hilarious.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:
Its real bad so far...

I can't believe anyone here is actually watching this shit.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17146 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/JamesOKeefeIII/s...le_they_all_are.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17146 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Who would have guessed that Woke Lesbian Space Witches aren't that popular a thing? LOL

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
“Rebellions are built on hope!”

“There is no hope!”

Posts: 11590 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post