SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Everyone Hates Star Wars: The Acolyte and That's a Good Thing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everyone Hates Star Wars: The Acolyte and That's a Good Thing Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Yeah...not looking forward to another POS. The trailer was super MEH.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17593 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I wish I could find a reasonably sized Acolyte poster with the tampon lightsaber and the blood smear, but all of them are huge. I would not be surprised if Disney spent another $250 million of something that looks like a YouTube fan film.

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Apparently, they put a chick in it and made her gay.

Posts: 11590 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Andor was great.

But Star Wars is largely dead now. And I am ... Was a hardcore life long fan. Now I just don't care anymore. Haven't even seen a bunch of the new shows and dont give a shit to. And if you could see my office at home and the money I've spent on Star Wars stuff, that's saying something.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a galaxy far, far away and a long time ago all heroes were gay, black and female.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3629 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is what people who pay to see this disgusting shit are supporting.

Overt, gleeful racism.

https://x.com/DogRightGirl/status/1798496196203593785

Posts: 108990 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I have seen a couple Yoututbe reviews of people I trust and they are brutal and completely justified. I can't wait until Critical Drinker's review drops.

Star Wars is DEAD. It has been dead for a long time. Andor was the only good thing that has kept it on life support. Mando was good the first two seasons but when you are replacing characters like the one Bill Burr portrayed with Jack Black and Lezo........yeah not good at all. One reviewer said the Acolyte makes Kenobi look great and Ashoka look okay. At this point, Star Wars is a corpse and Disney is engaging necrophilia.

Disney didn't care that their movies were bombing as they had a crap load of monthly subscribers to their streaming channel. Once those subscribers started cancelling, Disney has began to sweat. I am done with Star Wars, Marvel, and anything DEI that they and Hollywood want to put out.

Posts: 4052 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
It took disney just 13 minutes to inject the first bit of lgbtq/wokeism into the first episode.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2872 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34514 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, not touching it.
Didn't bite with Ashoka and not going near this disaster either.

Posts: 15053 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
YAY, it's Star Wars - Bud Lite saber.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34381 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post

The Critical Drinker did not disappoint! From what I see in his video, someone needs a deep dive in Forensic Accounting, as there has to be lots and lots of money stolen due to the cheap looking outfits, cheap looking sets, fight choreography, CG effects, etc. Seriously, a High School drama club could have reached this level, if not exceed it. Supposedly, the total cost of the series is $149 million......someone has a really nice off shore account.

BEST Comment from Critial Drinker YouTube review (not in the video but from the comments below it):

Andor: Chases the disappearing audience.
Ahsoka: Chases away what remains of the audience.
Acolyte: Salts the earth, burns the fields, and desecrates the smoldering corpses of Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen, so that nothing can grow there again and no one will dare return for hundreds of years.

Posts: 4052 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I never liked any of the Star Wars films after the first three and stopped watching any of them after the second three films. When you get right down to it, the original first film was the best.

Posts: 5232 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

Star Wars is DEAD. It has been dead for a long time.

The original trilogy was brilliant, yes even ROTJ. The knife wound came with Lucas’s prequels. Bad casting (Hayden was a complete joke, whining like a bitch the entire 3 films), full on green screen crap. But at least it was Lucas. It was like 50%.

As soon as Disney bought the IP, it just started snowballing. The first film, most Star Wars fans were fine with the female protagonist, fine putting up with JJ, as it was the first thing since Disney bought it. You watched it and said “well JJ sucks but if this is just to get things going, OK”. The subsequent films were shit. Rogue was good enough to be absolved from this bullshit. Rogue and the original trilogy. The rest of it is bullshit. All the rest of the films, series, etc, just trash. Quality is not even in the back seat, not even in the trailer.

This is the same for the Marvel stuff. In the beginning, first Iron Man, first Thor, etc, pretty good films, then snowballed to the point now, it’s about DEI, female empowerment, and good writing, directing, and acting is all out the window. The last high quality Disney backed film was Tron Legacy. AFAIAC, if it’s Disney I’ve got better things to do with my life. They were at the forefront of laying of American IT workers, and replacing them with H1B Visas as well. One of the first. It’s just a shit hole company. Most businesses want to make money, lots of it, and increase their stock price forever. Disney seems hell bent on going under. Even the intended audience, is tired of it. I’m talking the woke idiots, LBGwhatever, etc. People are sick and tired of being lectured to. These companies and media in general seems to want to fuel the fire for race wars, sex wars, anything and everything.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12920 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I love how Disney just keeps doubling down with this bullshit, it’s so hilarious to watch them drive this franchise into the ground.

They’re so smug yet SO stupid.

Posts: 34514 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
George Lucas was mostly/semi-independent for the first Star Wars movies.

Then he, himself got big and corporat-ized, making the later ones lamer than the first ones.

Once Disney, which is as big/bland/corporate as you can get, got into the act there was no chance.

Giant, bureaucratic organizations that must answer to shareholders can't make good art, or even good movies than don't aspire to be art. Disney may be worse than most, but it is true when any big studio is heavily involved in a movie.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53235 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Once Disney, which is as big/bland/corporate as you can get, got into the act there was no chance.

It's more Kathleen Kennedy proving how worthless she was to the success of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg along with the other movies she helped produce. Disney Marvel was able to keep the bar reasonably high with 20ish movies in a row building up to Avengers: Endgame before falling apart so it is possible.

Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Since the original Star Wars was about decent but lovable rogues fighting the ruthless and evil authoritarian regime it has morphed into : insufferable wokie, racist scolds supporting the forces of an even more evil authoritarianism. That franchise cannot die a more ignominious death.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine: The subsequent films were shit. Rogue was good enough to be absolved from this bullshit. Rogue and the original trilogy. The rest of it is bullshit. All the rest of the films, series, etc, just trash. Quality is not even in the back seat, not even in the trailer.

I would argue Andor is far and away the best of the Story Series', so much so that it has a completely separate feel & quality from the rest of the Series, not to mention its for an older audience. You could watch I-VI, Rogue One and Andor and you'd be fine...everything else, didn't happen; just hit ignore. Perhaps its fortuitous that only 2-seasons was made, as we saw what happened to Mandalorian leading up and into s.3

Posts: 15053 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post