Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dune Login/Join 
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I love you guys. I needed that totally unexpected belly laugh today.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
I love you guys. I needed that totally unexpected belly laugh today.

As it is written.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Eek I just popped into the Lair to ask a simple question on Dune. I hope you all forgive me for not reading the 12 pages thus far. I haven't seen it and don't want to find spoilers. Preface, I haven't read the book/books nor seen the films.

Simple and quick question.

Should I watch the old Sting version first, or is that unnecessary? I.E. Are the modern ones sequels to the old one, building on it?

And how many modern ones are there currently? Just two I think?

The old Sting version does a much better job with the inner dialogue found in the book which is a feature that the new version of the movie nearly ignores.

Watch them both. But READ the book as neither movie dynamically captures the detail and nuance of the characters and story as is often the case when a book is “reimagined” into film.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
If you want the most faithful adaptation, ignore the Lynch version and find the 2000 Sci-Fi Miniseries. Despite it's low budget, it's still the most faithful adaptation of Dune out there and the follow up Children of Dune is even better and gives you a peek at what follows Paul's rise to Emperor.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post