SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Batman - Anyone going to go see this? ETA: Watched it tonight. Review pg 3. Not bad at all.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Batman - Anyone going to go see this? ETA: Watched it tonight. Review pg 3. Not bad at all. Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted
Yeah, I thought the same thing when I found out Robert Pattinson was cast as Batman...

But, after seeing a trailer for it, it actually looks pretty good. He has been in some films that make him more than the crap he started in.

I'm probably going to check it out this weekend, cause I've been dying for a good Batman film, since the Nolan trilogy was really good, but left me wanting after the Marvel franchise did so well and DC hasn't ever gotten it's act together.

Anyone else?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KevinCW,

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’ve been so disappointed by DC that I think I’m done with them. The only two half-way decent movies were Shazam! and Joker (the Joaquin Phoenix one). Everything else was dull.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother hit me up out of the blue to see if I wanted to go watch it with him Saturday. So yep, going tomorrow. I most likely would have waited for it to hit HBO otherwise.

Posts: 979 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Probably nope, due more to I dont trust the theaters to provide a good experience for my $40 for my wife and I (including popcorn, etc).

But I'd suggest anyone who hasnt seen Zack Snyder's re-do of "Justice League" go ahead and do so. Not high cinema, but 1000x better than the first version.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I will not be seeing the “Batman” film. Even if it’s great, I don’t think them throwing an occasional bone justifies the garbage the studios have produced. I would not want to subsidize their behavior. But I hope it’s good for the people who spend their money to see it.

Considering how much they change to fit the message, does it really need to be called a Batman film? Or are they just using the name to use/abuse the built in audience? I’m simply not interested in finding out.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It's hard to imagine that a sparkly vampire can play Batman convincingly

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Twilight was a horrible role but Pattinson can act.

quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I liked him in "The Rover" w Guy Pearce

quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:

quote:

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5 Batmen were enough for me.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I’ll wait until I can stream it. I probably won’t remember.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
If I do see it, it won’t be at AMC. The broke Chinese owned theater chain is intentionally pricing tickets higher for The Batman because it’s a blockbuster movie compared to other films they’re showing in an “experiment.”

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
quote:

Yep. Twilight doesn't define him. He's actually a good actor. Definitely check him out in Good Time, which I think is his best role so far. Also The Rover and The Devil All The Time.

He's excellent in those, and all of those are darker roles.

He's also fairly good in Tenet, Waiting for the Barbarians, and Lost City of Z, although those films all have some issues (not Pattinson's fault).

I won't be seeing Batman in the theater... I'll wait for it to come out on HBO Max.

Posts: 32422 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not opposed to another Batman movie, I'm just tired of the endless reboots. I'd rather see Batman in his prime, solving crimes as the world's greatest detective.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yep. Twilight doesn't define him. He's actually a good actor. Definitely check him out in Good Time, which I think is his best role so far. Also The Rover and The Devil All The Time.

He's excellent in those, and all of those are darker roles.

He's also fairly good in Tenet, Waiting for the Barbarians, and Lost City of Z, although those films all have some issues (not Pattinson's fault).

I won't be seeing Batman in the theater... I'll wait for it to come out on HBO Max.

Good Time was phenomenal and one of the best films I’ve seen in 10 years. I agree with you 100%, he really is an outstanding actor. Everyone has to start somewhere. Tenet he was playing lead role carrying the film as I don’t believe Washington to be all that great.

I very much want to see this but I’ll wait the 90 days for 4k blu ray release where I can really enjoy it in my HT. Will be Atmos and DV, or Dolby Cinema. The theater tickets are so expensive now I could just buy the film for less than 2 tickets. And that’s better resolution on disc than the theater provides. But the more important thing is the theater chains lack of managing the smartphone use. Phone use is just rampant at the cineplexes. It’s distracting, extremely fucking rude, and ruins the entire film for me. I can get up and go find an employee to shut it down but that’s 10 minutes I lose and could come at the very wrong time. So fuck the theaters for good. I am happy that this is finally coming out, Top Gun soon, etc, so that the new 4k blu rays start releasing as it’s been a tough couple of years for a film buff. Mostly shit content and postponements.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liked Pattinson in "Tenet."

Saw "The Batman" during a matinee. Don't want to leave spoilers, but it was a real departure from the Nolan trilogy, which I liked, and I liked this one also. I thought the photography was phenomenal. Recommended.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
If I do see it, it won’t be at AMC. The broke Chinese owned theater chain is intentionally pricing tickets higher for The Batman because it’s a blockbuster movie compared to other films they’re showing in an “experiment.”

This is stupid. Theaters already struggling so lets make it even more expensive. I used to really enjoy going to the movies but the price has now entered the F off range for me. I don't see how anyone with a family can go anymore.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Will see it next week while I'm in the "big city". The Cinemark Theater has luxury lounger seating.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I’ve been so disappointed by DC that I think I’m done with them. The only two half-way decent movies were Shazam! and Joker (the Joaquin Phoenix one). Everything else was dull.

Did you watch the Snyder cut of Justice league that came out last year? It was completely unlike the original.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I wish we could have gotten a stand-alone Batffleck movie but I'll give Patinson his chance. I still think he's too skinny, though.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Spoilers at the end, but I’ve been able to trust Nerdrotic’s reviews fairly well.

TL;DR: A great movie for the first 2/3rd that flubs the landing.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post