SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Last Jedi --- SPOILER thread for discussion
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Last Jedi --- SPOILER thread for discussion Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
No longer interested. Star Wars is dead to me. I have no plans to go see anymore of the SW movies.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I realized I am there too. Solo looks like the fast and furious in space.

I went to a special event before the force awakens that showed all 6 in a row then premiered 7

I went last year to a similar event that showed force awakens then the last Jedi

It was so bad, it was the first time I ever dropped my kids off to see a movie and didn’t go with them.

I have a lot of friends I will let see anymore Star Wars movies before I spend another cent on them

quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
No longer interested. Star Wars is dead to me. I have no plans to go see anymore of the SW movies.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
The fate of the entire SW universe is now in the hands of J.J. Abrams. Help us, JJ, you're our only hope.

That is 9 tenths of the problem

Agreed. TFA was no worthy reboot, new chapter, whatever. It was crap, but you just hoped it would get better. It got worse. I loathe JJ, his style, not much positive to say. He can make a B movie, but he’s not A quality and I only go see A quality in person. Everything else I punt to disc.

I, along with these gentlemen, will never see another one in the theater. I will watch them on disc once Netflix adds it to the queue. Still interested in the universe but not enough to go as they have ruined the shit. I loathe Disney for many reasons. They were one of the first to lay off American workers and replace them with H1B visas. Billion dollar profits and that is not enough, their greed has no bounds. Once you start laying off Americans, fuck you. TLJ and Thor Ragcock were the straws that broke this camel’s back. I’m done with Disney. I’m tired of Superho films. Kenneth Branagh directed the first Thor, and it was excellent. Likewise Dr. Strange was excellent also, the rest of Disney/MCU, meh. I’ll stick to my art, and independent films as I’m all done with the popcorn films. I go see a serious film, say like Good Time or Phantom Thread, and it’s awesome. People don’t talk, don’t get on their phones, etc. Serious film and the people there really want to see it. Superho, Star Wars, the intellect level goes to shit and now you’re dealing with all the bullshit, smartphones, people eating pizzas and full meals, talking, cackling, kids running around. So many reasons. Disney can kiss my ass.

And I still haven’t seen a film over the last 20 years that blew me away like the Matrix did. Sci-fi, excellent story that is deep, action, directing, acting, cinematography, the whole 10 yards. Likewise the Aliens franchise, #2 is king, and nothing they’ve done since could match it. Prometheus shares something with TFA. Decent, and hope for much better. Then the pile of shit afterwards. People don’t demand better. If you keep going and giving them money for shit, they’ll keep making it. Disney understands one thing only, money. They don’t give a shit about the fans. And I’m tired of them going over the top on the gender, sexuality, ethnicity bullshit.
I still can’t believe Poe did a Verizon commercial in Star Wars. I should have walked out right then and there and got a refund. 30+ years to see Luke and he’s grown into a pussy that can’t be bothered to fight in person, finally imploding after some teleportation crap. What’s funny is TLJ is already on disc. 3 months and some change after theatrical release. I can wait 6 months to a year so I’m all good Disney. You can keep your shit.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I really am puzzled at the hate for Last Jedi.

I HATED...HATED Force Awakens and swore off any new Star Wars movies but relented and saw Rogue One and loved it. Went to see Last Jedi and loved it too.

My three favorite Star Wars movies now in order are:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Last Jedi
3. Rogue One

The 3 prequels were absolute garbage and I cannot watch them anymore.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
14 pages and no one posted this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCB8DUGpYQQ

It is everything TLJ should have been. SAD!

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I stopped subscrbing to HISHE since he puts out one video a month.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I just saw a commercial for the BlueRay of the Last Jedi. I was instantly reminded of what a steaming pile that movie is.....

I have never left a theater so disappointed.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned the HISHE video is canon and TLJ doesn't exist

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize Disney was behind the last Thor abomination.

It explains a lot.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
As far as I'm concerned the HISHE video is canon and TLJ doesn't exist

Amen!

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of these franchises are products of the cold war; Bond, Galactica, Trek, etc. These were all products of our psychology at the time they were made.

I think Lucas sold at the right time to some chump that would pay big bucks for glory that is past. Lucas may have become a dubious film maker in recent years but he DOES have a reputation as being a shrewd business man.

Still, I LOVED Rogue One. Disney missed a chance at a whole new generation of characters that could be used in new movies. Typical.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by White Phosphorus:
I think Lucas sold at the right time to some chump that would pay big bucks for glory that is past. Lucas may have become a dubious film maker in recent years but he DOES have a reputation as being a shrewd business man.

When Lucas sold, it was months before new capital gains taxes went into effect under Obama, plus his deal with Disney involved tens of millions of shares, avoiding capital gains at the time. I read he literally saved hundreds of millions of dollars selling at the time he did. And it helps his girlfriend at the time (now wife) was Melody Hobson, president of Ariel Investments and a major player in the financial world.

Take a look at the price of Disney stock in 2012 and currently.

Shrewd, indeed.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Overall, I was not especially pleased with the movie. It just didn't feel like a Star Wars movie.
First 90% of the film- Confused
Luke fights Kylo- Smile
Luke is doing that shit from another planet- Big Grin
Luke disappears- Mad

I mean, what the hell!?!

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Fuck you Rian Johnson

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Fuck you Rian Johnson

With a prickly cacti.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Fuck you Rian Johnson

With a prickly cacti.

In a prison with the felons thinking he is a pedophile.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to watching it on DVD with the wife this weekend, she hasn't seen it yet.

Again, I am puzzled at the level of hate for this movie. C'mon now, it wasn't THAT bad.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Again, I am puzzled at the level of hate for this movie. C'mon now, it wasn't THAT bad.
Roll Eyes

It was shit

The whole movie was just checking boxes, and no good ones.

At least we have a new furry toy for them to make millions off of.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Roll Eyes

It was shit

The whole movie was just checking boxes, and no good ones.

At least we have a new furry toy for them to make millions off of.

I agree the movie was not much more than boxes ticked off. The more was the script, it was made up by commitee. The commities were made up by 4 year olds, pubescent teen boys with only potty jokes, and cosplay furry fangirls.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm looking forward to watching it on DVD with the wife this weekend, she hasn't seen it yet.

Roll Eyes

It was worse than episode 1

Fuck you Rian Johnson

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post