Find
Notify
Tools

The Expanse Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
Does anyone have any info on when they will release Season 5 on non-Amazon streaming (i.e. Vudu), and disc?

I've searched the web for that info, and have found nothing.

Thanks.

At minimum, I'd think not until it's all made it onto Prime.
Since they're doing weekly releases, it'll be a few weeks until Prime even has it all.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just finished S6E2, building up nicely, just hope they have the time available to wrap it with a nice bow & not in a rush.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It's the final season. Do we really need to deal with emo pirate son?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
It's the final season. Do we really need to deal with emo pirate son?

He's the key. Either he's going to kill Marco to end it all, or he's going to kill Marco and in a twist he's going to become something much worse.

Posts: 7497 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Currently half way through the final book Leviathan Falls.

To say they have a lot to cover in the remaining episodes is a British level understatement.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: apprentice,

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why are all these streaming services so quick to buy up and end prematurely every sci-fi series they can?

Shit, they will give some crap show like The Sex Lives of Coeds 30 seasons to finish the arc but will shut down something fun early like The Expanse.

BTW, I know why. But it still sucks. Asshoes.....

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It makes sense to end here. It properly breaks in the overall story line in the books, just before the big time skip.

Waiting on a few to get released before diving in, which gives me time for S2 of The Witcher.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's dumb of me, but I couldn't help shouting, "Three-sixty, no scope!" on the first railgun shot of episode 3.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
Does anyone have any info on when they will release Season 5 on non-Amazon streaming (i.e. Vudu), and disc?

I've searched the web for that info, and have found nothing.

Thanks.

At minimum, I'd think not until it's all made it onto Prime.
Since they're doing weekly releases, it'll be a few weeks until Prime even has it all.

Thanks for the reply. It's moot now. I finally signed up for Amazon Prime just to watch this. I figured I didn't want to wait another year or two to finish the series off.

That said, they released Season 4 onto Vudu after Amazon picked up the series.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
From what I can gather about this latest season just released five or six episodes. From reading the brief synopsis of episodes I'm not seeing the end of the series. I'm up to date having watched episode three. Will there be another drop of season 6 episodes at a later date? If they're going to end a massively complex series with only 6 episodes why bother.

Posts: 7497 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
From what I can gather about this latest season just released five or six episodes. From reading the brief synopsis of episodes I'm not seeing the end of the series. Will there be another drop of season 6 episodes at a later date?

So far (at least from last Friday when the third episode dropped) they are only airing an episode per week. Where are you getting your info?

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wikipedia shows S6 to be 6 episodes, so we're halfway.
Lot to wrap up in 3 remaining hours.

I haven't read the books, yet, so not sure if we're headed toward an accelerated GoT disappointment, or if they can tie a nice bow on the finale.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
They also buried stuff in the bonus content, not a clue why they didn't make this more public.

PSA: You’ll miss 25 minutes of The Expanse’s final season if you don’t pause it

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6187 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The best explanation I could find, and from a source I've never heard of before so who knows, is they were offered so much money and six episodes was all they could get out of that.

https://winteriscoming.net/202...y-six-episodes-long/

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bit of a nothing episode. All setup & moving the story along with not much else.
Lot to resolve in 2 more hours.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I read Leviathan Wakes and I think I'm in for the whole series. I remember reading an excerpt some where of one of the books. It was clunking and not well written and put me off reading any of them. But, I'm glad I tried it. Its not Clarke but its pretty good.

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Just got the first three books on Amazon. Wasn't quite willing to pull the trigger on the 8-book set. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16172 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget the novellas! While not critical to the main storyline, they provide a lot of interesting back/side story and info.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Book two will hit my porch sometime tomorrow.

Picture of AW_239
posted Hide Post
Have about 100 pages left in the first book. I feel like the last few chapters has been a little dull and hasn't held my interest as well as the first 2/3 of the book.

Posts: 764 | Registered: January 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post