SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Expanse
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
The Expanse Login/Join 
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I cracked open Leviathan Wakes last night. 4 chapters in & keeping really true to the show (or the other way around Razz )

Got the first 3 books from my girls, for my birthday yesterday. Probably get the next 3 ordered when I get close to starting book 3.




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 10880 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Wish I had hardback format for all the books, but I started reading them before any were made as far as I know. Or maybe I didn't look around enough.

Think I started with a three book set as well.
 
Posts: 6934 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Just started Caliban's War.


_________________________
OH, Bonnie McMurray!
 
Posts: 6632 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
This is the second-to-last episode? Seriously? This was a very good episode; however, it sets up for what could have been an entire season's worth of content that is somehow supposed to be resolved in one episode? I'm starting to think this series will end on a worse note than Game of Thrones.



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 17495 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
This is the second-to-last episode? Seriously? This was a very good episode; however, it sets up for what could have been an entire season's worth of content that is somehow supposed to be resolved in one episode? I'm starting to think this series will end on a worse note than Game of Thrones.


I'd have to agree. Soooooo much left AND left out.


________________________________________

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
 
Posts: 16274 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It's either going to be an epic finale, or a massive letdown.
Seems like way too much to resolve in 60 minutes.

I have seen a few articles this week about a possible season 7




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 10880 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I hope there's a season 7. After next week's episode, I will resume the books.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 7421 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I hope there's a season 7.


Me too, This series ranks right up there with Justified and Longmire among a few others as the best ever made.



Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
 
Posts: 14171 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I think the issue is that in books 7-9 there is a significantly different threat/time shift that occurs. Ending the series at Season 6 closes a chapter in the story of the crew of the Rocinate at a logical point, and while I would be happy (ecstatic really) for all nine books to get their arcs and tie up all threads, I'm fine with them ending there rather than trying and failing to end the series as written.


___________________________________________
Life Member NRA & Washington Arms Collectors

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.
 
Posts: 1452 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
I think the issue is that in books 7-9 there is a significantly different threat/time shift that occurs. Ending the series at Season 6 closes a chapter in the story of the crew of the Rocinate at a logical point, and while I would be happy (ecstatic really) for all nine books to get their arcs and tie up all threads, I'm fine with them ending there rather than trying and failing to end the series as written.


I'm only 1/3 through Leviathan Wakes so can't comment on the book finale. Just going off of what is going on in the show & how it seems too many loose threads to tie up in a 45-60 min episode (S6E6).




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 10880 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Judging from interviews and podcasts I have listened to the 6th season was seriously ham strung by cost cuts. They were only working with 4 writers who happened to be producers, and Prime only wanted 6 episodes.


_________________________
OH, Bonnie McMurray!
 
Posts: 6632 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Judging from interviews and podcasts I have listened to the 6th season was seriously ham strung by cost cuts. They were only working with 4 writers who happened to be producers, and Prime only wanted 6 episodes.


You know what? They could do animation for the last three books and I'd be OK with it. In fact, it might be extra cool that way.
 
Posts: 6934 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Judging from interviews and podcasts I have listened to the 6th season was seriously ham strung by cost cuts. They were only working with 4 writers who happened to be producers, and Prime only wanted 6 episodes.


You know what? They could do animation for the last three books and I'd be OK with it. In fact, it might be extra cool that way.


So, season 6 = book 6?




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 10880 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Judging from interviews and podcasts I have listened to the 6th season was seriously ham strung by cost cuts. They were only working with 4 writers who happened to be producers, and Prime only wanted 6 episodes.


You know what? They could do animation for the last three books and I'd be OK with it. In fact, it might be extra cool that way.


So, season 6 = book 6?


As I recall, the seasons do a bit of overlapping so not necessarily. I just meant I'd still love to "see" the rest of the written material, and if animation solved the budget problem I'd be OK with that.
 
Posts: 6934 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Just watched Season 6 episode 5 and they are going to really have to cover a lot of territory to get there!!
 
Posts: 308 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just got to evacuating Eros in Leviathan Wakes, long way to go.




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 10880 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInWV
posted Hide Post
Always fun to see cast from one show on another. Monica Stuart (Anna Hopkins) popped up as a used car salesman on Letterkenny.


_______________________________

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
 
Posts: 16005 | Location: Cross Lanes, WV | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Always fun to see cast from one show on another. Monica Stuart (Anna Hopkins) popped up as a used car salesman on Letterkenny.


Took me a minute to notice.
One of the female hockey players is an Expanse cast member as well. I think, one of the Martian marines that got hit on Ganymede by the blue goo soldier.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 10880 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Always fun to see cast from one show on another. Monica Stuart (Anna Hopkins) popped up as a used car salesman on Letterkenny.

She plays a television reporter on another show, as well.



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 17495 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInWV
posted Hide Post
Okay, so I'm a little confused.....I thought the whole protomolecule thing was sort of a secret. But Yao tells Holden the UN guys are gonna slap some sort of carbon-fiber hull plating on the Roci that is derived from 'protomolecule technology'. Not to mention Marco's railguns. Did I miss something?

And what's with the 'dogs' 'fixing' things/animals/people? I assume that's a planet reached through the ring gate.


_______________________________

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
 
Posts: 16005 | Location: Cross Lanes, WV | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Expanse

© SIGforum 2022