Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Expanse Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I knew I recognized her in that car dealership episode but couldnt remember from where until I started watching the Expanse....

quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Always fun to see cast from one show on another. Monica Stuart (Anna Hopkins) popped up as a used car salesman on Letterkenny.

She plays a television reporter on another show, as well.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, so I'm a little confused.....I thought the whole protomolecule thing was sort of a secret. But Yao tells Holden the UN guys are gonna slap some sort of carbon-fiber hull plating on the Roci that is derived from 'protomolecule technology'. Not to mention Marco's railguns. Did I miss something?

And what's with the 'dogs' 'fixing' things/animals/people? I assume that's a planet reached through the ring gate.

My only guess, is that once everyone had it [protomolecule], everyone was doing something with it.

I assume the 'dogs' are in the new system that the Martian ship traversed through at the end of the last season. (with the red mist traverse).
Tomorrow night, we'll see how they plan to put a bow on this series.

I'm nearly done with book 1 & am glad to find that the series largely kept to the bulk of the book.
Hard not to read it in the show characters' voices after watching the series twice through.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
And what's with the 'dogs' 'fixing' things/animals/people? I assume that's a planet reached through the ring gate.

That's brought to you by Strange Dogs, a digital only release novella from the writers.

It takes place on Laconia which is where a lot of the last three books are focused. Yes, it is reached via ring gate.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dogs are protomolecule fix bots on Laconia . There is a lot to be covered still.........

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Great finale, IMO. Some good space battle action & a relatively nice bow wrapped on the series.
I'll refrain from posting much else to avoid spoilers for a few days.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Great finale, IMO. Some good space battle action & a relatively nice bow wrapped on the series.

Agreed, but I'm ever hopeful for more seasons.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
quote:

Agreed, but I'm ever hopeful for more seasons.

I've read Amazon isn't interested in doing more. So we'll have to wait for someone to pick it up to tie off the huge storyline that was left unresolved.

Finished Leviathan Wakes last night & got a couple chapters into Caliban's War

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, that was pretty good. And they definitely left the ball on the field if someone else wants to play.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16173 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Whew... quite the finale.

And yes, one of the best series ever period. Hopefully it will continue sometime in the future.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16141 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am about to audiobook my way through 4 days of driving so I'll be picking everything up after leviathan wakes. Very exciting.

I would like someone else to pick the show up and run with it if amazon doesn't want to anymore. I'd even be down for a spin-off or something else set in the same universe. One of my favorite series of all time.

Posts: 3040 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested to see a Julie Mao perspective, even if in a mini-series style. The events that led to the start of the series/Leviathan Wakes

And, obviously, a series to continue on from where S6 left off.

posted Hide Post
FWIW I've read on a couple entertainment sites that there were production problems due to Covid related BS etc. Season 7 currently is NOT scheduled but that could change if the world can start to return to normal after Covid.

There is enough plot left for 2 more seasons if it gets picked back up.

I do think they did an excellent job of ending season 6 off where they did. It wrapped up things pretty well and at a good point. In the books there is a significant jump in time to the future plot lines so IMHO this was the very best point they could have ended Season 6. I sure hope they get to make a couple more Seasons!!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Halfway through. Had to stop to write love the homage to Hicks and Vasquez. Gotta pause it to look for other names.

Oh wow, look at all the names!!

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Lessee....from top to bottom, left to right.

Gial Ackbar (Return of the Jedi)
David Bowman (2001: A Space Odyssey)
Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
Duncan Idaho (Dune)
Alex Rogan (The Last Starfighter)
Ellen Ripley (Alien)
Hicks, Hudson, Vasquez (Aliens)
Rick Deckard (Bladerunner)
Roy Neary (Close Encounters of the Third Kind)
Johnny Rico (Starship Troopers)
Kara Thrace (Battlestar Galactica)
Sarah Conner (Terminator)

The rest I can't read or don't know. LOL Dennis Quaid doesn't make sense. Oh, and now I can see Jack O'Neil (Stargate). Gonna guess that Flynn is from Tron.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16173 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Doug Quaid is from Total Recall...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6187 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Post Season 6 Interview with Naren Shankar (many spoilers, you've been warned)

https://ew.com/tv/the-expanse-...rview-naren-shankar/

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Bottom corner is, I think: Decker, W which could be William Decker, Captain from Star Trek: Enterprise or Riker, W from Star Trek, TNG.

E. Buck is the Gunnery Sergeant from Halo

Nesmith, J is from GalaxyQuest

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Bottom corner is, I think: Decker, W which could be William Decker, Captain from Star Trek: Enterprise or Riker, W from Star Trek, TNG.

E. Buck is the Gunnery Sergeant from Halo

Nesmith, J is from GalaxyQuest

Will Decker was the Captian turned Commander from Star Trek, The Motion Picture

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10407 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holden's moralizing was becoming tedious however the battle scenes were quite good. The ending was satisfying but, its clearly open-ended to allow another platform to pick-up the ball and run with it.

Posts: 14554 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Pulled of another site.

Alpha Squad:

B. Draper — Bobbie Draper, our Martian marine who really needs no introduction. She’s one of the main characters of The Expanse and leads Alpha Squad of the ground force.

G. Ackbar — Admiral Gial Ackbar, from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. It’s a trap!

D. Quaid — Douglas Quaid from Total Recall. The 1990 film cast Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role and was set on Mars.

D. Bowman — David Bowman, the main character of the classic sci-fi film 2001: A Space Odyssey

C. Shepherd — Commander Shepherd, the hero of the original Mass Effect video game trilogy.

A. Burton — Amos Burton. Again, this is an actual character in The Expanse.

D. Idaho — Duncan Idaho, the swordmaster from the novel Dune by Frank Herbert. (Played by Jason Momoa in Denis Villeneuve’s 2021 film adaptation.)

A. Rogan — Alex Rogan from the 1984 film The Last Starfighter.

J. Nesmith — Jason Nesmith, the actor/starship commander in the film Galaxy Quest. (Played by Tim Allen in the movie).

E. Buck — Edward Buck, the gunnery sergeant played by Nathan Fillion in the Halo video games.

Bravo Squad:

E. Ripley — Ellen Ripley, Sigourney Weaver’s iconic character from the Alien franchise.

D. Hicks — Another Aliens character, Corporal Dwayne Hicks (played by Michael Biehn in the second movie).

J. Cooper — Joseph Cooper from Interstellar.

J. Anderton — John Anderton from Minority Report.

J. Vasquez — Jenette Vasquez, another member of the commando squad from Aliens.

W. Hudson — William Hudson, also from Aliens. We did mention those movies were a big influence, right?

R. Deckard — Rick Deckard, the detective played by Harrison Ford in Blade Runner.

J. O’Neil — Colonel Jack O’Neil from Stargate. Den of Geek notes that this spelling of O’Neil is specific to the original 1994 Stargate film; the SG-1 television show spelled it with two L’s.

Charlie Squad:

L. Starr — Lucky Starr from Isaac Asimov’s Lucky Starr book series.

L. Banks — Louise Banks from Arrival.

K. Flynn — Kevin Flynn from Tron.

R. Neary — Roy Neary from Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

J. Rico — Johnny Rico from Starship Troopers.

K. Thrace — Kara Thrace aka Starbuck from the 2000s-era Battlestar Galactica remake.

S. Connor — Sarah Connor, one of the protagonists of the Terminator franchise.

R. Stone — Ryan Stone, Sandra Bullock’s character in the 2013 film Gravity.

W. Riker — William Riker, the first officer on the Starship Enterprise in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Posts: 21045 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post