SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Reacher on Amazon
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reacher on Amazon Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
The GF and I watched the first four episodes this afternoon and enjoyed them. Ritchson is a little too pretty and still a little short (6'2"). They cover for the height well by surrounding him with short actors and selective camera angles.

Alan Ritchson makes a good Jack Reacher, but my ideal choice is still Ray Stevenson ('Titus Pullo' from Rome).

That's one of the small things that bothers me... the guy playing Reacher is about 10 years too young.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I just thought he had a Desert Eagle 50AE

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim Shugart

I liked Ray Stevenson in the movie, Kill the Irishman.

A fun movie about the mob and the trade unions in Cleveland, OH.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ A very enjoyable film.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Watching now and through two episodes.
I really am enjoying it so not going to binge.
The other thing is that the Deputy really cleans up NICE. Smile

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I binge watched this and it was decent. I have not read any of the books so I was fine with the main star. Had some good twists and a few mistakes but worth watching. Just wish it had more graphic violence and female nudity but I say that about most shows.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just finished bing watching it... I will try not to be a spoiler...
First if you are a Jack Reacher fan and also like action movies then it is worth watching.... I do have a number of issues with it...
here are some of my minor grips...

Cops handcuffing suspects in front...

I'm sorry, I don't care how big and tough you are... if I hit you about 10 times with a full size pry bar and the last one up side your head ... you ain't getting up, let alone finishing the rest of the movie like nothing happened.

Not once in the big final blow out fight did one person actually reload.

How in the world is the whole building on fire and the big vats of flammable bleaching solvent are not?

Also, Reacher who has not missed one shot at a bad guy through the whole show can't seems to hit the final ultimate evil guy... seems to empty a whole magazine trying to hit him?

Oh and one last really glaring problem.. is in the flash back when Reacher goes to visit his mother who is dyeing and he is in a full dress uniform and he needs a shave bad..... that just was wrong!

Overall, I'll give it a 6 on a scale of 1-10.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
So far I am enjoying it. Fight sequences are good and it has a fair bit of humor to add some laughs and give the characters personality.

I do think it would have been better to get a big, intimidating but more normal looking man. Their pick for Reacher is huge and it is silly to think he lives a hobo life and eats peach pie. The guy looks like he takes growth hormone and spends 7 days a week in the gym.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished it today and throughly enjoyed it.
But definitely agree that Ray Stevenson would be a better Reacher!

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Finished and mostly enjoyed it. lots of small stupid things, but one big peeve I had was when they were discussing the bullets used to kill his brother. Bad guy was supposed to be a pro because he used 95 grain 9mm bullets because they were "subsonic"... Wrong direction in 9mm bullet weight for subsonic use. Can overlook it though for any show not not all "woke" and pushing some agenda.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It is almost universally expected that Hollyweird will screw up scenes with firearms. And, yes, some scenes stretched credulity. But if you ignore such, as many do, it made for an enjoyable watch.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
My wife and I watched 6 episodes last night and finished up the last two earlier today.

We both enjoyed it. All these types of shows require suspension of belief to one degree or another (as others have pointed out about being in a marathon fight scene and still functioning at a high level the next day, etc.). Also noticed the 95 grain ‘subsonic goof’. Seems a like an adviser or prop master would have caught that. The other thing that bugged me was characters with a pistol putting down someone with an M4 or similar and just kicking it away and continuing to engage other targets with their pistol instead of picking up the long gun(s).

I did get a kick out of the cameo in the diner at the end of the last episode.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We haven’t watched it all yet, but I’ll say that it’s MUCH better than expected. Quite a few laugh out loud lnes. Good story.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished it last night. It was good.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:

Please explain, I missed it.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:

Please explain, I missed it.....

Please don't spoil it for the rest of us.

Blume9mm, re-watch the end.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Not sure how that would spoil it and I'm not so sure I will figure out who the cameo is but will do just for the heck of it and watch the closing credits....

Speaking of the end... i was kind of pleasantly surprised that it did not end with the big bang, Swartzneger / Rambo blowout... but then continued on.... I don't think that will spoil anything.

Edit: Okay, I went back and watched it then went through the closing credits twice with no mention of this.... and so I made a guess and checked an image on line... got it. I thought the opening of that scene was kind of strange because it did not add to the story other than now the town's people did not shun him I guess.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
…Edit: Okay, I went back and watched it then went through the closing credits twice with no mention of this.... and so I made a guess and checked an image on line... got it. I thought the opening of that scene was kind of strange because it did not add to the story other than now the town's people did not shun him I guess...

That’s why I noticed it - seemed odd so a quick search confirmed what I thought.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thanks, guys. Now I'll be looking forward to the mystery.

Didn't mean to sound aggressive Blume9mm.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
The GF and I watched the first four episodes this afternoon and enjoyed them. Ritchson is a little too pretty and still a little short (6'2"). They cover for the height well by surrounding him with short actors and selective camera angles.

Alan Ritchson makes a good Jack Reacher, but my ideal choice is still Ray Stevenson ('Titus Pullo' from Rome).

That's one of the small things that bothers me... the guy playing Reacher is about 10 years too young.

Why would you say that? Actor is 39. According to books Reacher left military at 36. Puts Ritchson right in the ballpark.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post