SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Reacher on Amazon
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reacher on Amazon Login/Join 
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the trailer. It's my kind of thing anyway so I'm in.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Teaser appears to live up to the character in the books. Looks promising..

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Episode 1 done.

Reacher is a little cutesy snarky but ok. I’m really annoyed with the detective and abuse of power. He know Reacher is innocent but still put him jail and threatened to put him back again unless he helped the classless clueless detective. That guy should be kicked off the force and perhaps criminally charged. I hope it is not a woke stab at making police look bad. He kind of makes the show leave a bad taste.

And the cops at the beginning seemed panicked and nervous as shit. Unbecoming a police officer. And it seems like an armed professional killer could have taken out those two cops easily. But no, a trained killer is going to hang around and eat a slice of peach pie.

This little shit annoyances are a pet peeve.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahh. Crap now I have Konata88's description of him in my mind when I watch it tonight...

Something told me not to read the thread.. Don't click on it the inner demon whispered...

I already had preconceived notions anyway but this just re-affirmed it...

I will give it a go tonight...
The portrayal could/can not be as bad as half of the true life CID agents I worked with...

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just started watching.... they got the boots right.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episode and enjoyed it. My wife told me at the end that it was a vast improvement over Tom Cruise.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Two episodes in and found it entertaining so far.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Never watched the Cruise version, but have this queued up for when we finish Maisel

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
All the way to episode 4 and so far is okay... guy is a little too pretty... girl cop a little to small... but it is TV.... also I find it a little over the top that she gives him a big ass pistol... what kind is it?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed episode 1. Dude is huge. Haha, so much better than watching TC in this role.

Oh and that pistol is called a .....spoiler alert.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
All the way to episode 4 and so far is okay... guy is a little too pretty... girl cop a little to small... but it is TV.... also I find it a little over the top that she gives him a big ass pistol... what kind is it?

That’s actually consistent with the book and comes into play later.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying it so far. The detective is annoying. but thats part of the plot, I guess.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Episode 1 done.

Reacher is a little cutesy snarky but ok. I’m really annoyed with the detective and abuse of power. He know Reacher is innocent but still put him jail and threatened to put him back again unless he helped the classless clueless detective. That guy should be kicked off the force and perhaps criminally charged. I hope it is not a woke stab at making police look bad. He kind of makes the show leave a bad taste.

And the cops at the beginning seemed panicked and nervous as shit. Unbecoming a police officer. And it seems like an armed professional killer could have taken out those two cops easily. But no, a trained killer is going to hang around and eat a slice of peach pie.

As I continually have to tell my wife...."It's f freaking TV show".
Not real life, just watch and enjoy.

Binged a bunch of episodes today and will finish it off tomorrow.
AND enjoying every minute of it!

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLC762:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Episode 1 done.

As I continually have to tell my wife...."It's a freaking TV show".
Not real life, just watch and enjoy.

Binged a bunch of episodes today and will finish it off tomorrow.
AND enjoying every minute of it!

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
okay...

I am about done with the first episode and it is not too bad.

I will admit that I had some preconceived notions and the only reason I started to watch it was to prove to myself that I was right.

I still like Tom Cruises demeanor in the first one better. Also, in my head I see Reacher as more of the Clint Eastwood: Nick Pulovski character in the Rookie or Harry Bosch.

I will watch the next couple of episodes to see how it pans out..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrapteam666,

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a big fan of the novels I love the show. I think it nails the character and overall vibe.

As for any inaccuracies, I can ignore them, the author Lee Child is a Brit. He does a better than average job but he isn’t and can’t be expected to be a Stephen Hunter.

I also like the first TC movie, he acted the part well.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
The GF and I watched the first four episodes this afternoon and enjoyed them. Ritchson is a little too pretty and still a little short (6'2"). They cover for the height well by surrounding him with short actors and selective camera angles.

Alan Ritchson makes a good Jack Reacher, but my ideal choice is still Ray Stevenson ('Titus Pullo' from Rome).

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Finished. Overall a good binge watch.

Ignore the stupid stuff and it’s a nice light watch. Not as gritty and grim as I thought the character would be.

Mayor Roscoe and Chief of Police Reacher would have been nice. But I guess S2 in a new town and new people is good. Life of a hobo…

Thumbs up.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Never read the books. Just finished the series. Enjoyed it.

"I'm not a vagrant, I'm a hobo." Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I loved that line. LOL

I've never read the books either, but this is fun. I think I finished 4 or 5 last night.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post